Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

100 pushup challenge question...

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked this on the 100 thread about a week or so ago, and got no response. I am looking for someone who has completed the actual challenge @ hundredpushups.com or something similar or can be of any help in general.

Weeks 1-3 went by great. However, I am stuck at week 4. The sets are

32+

60 sec. rests

The first 4 sets I am okay with, but the last set requiring at least 32 kills me. I usually fail around 24-27. I am not sure what to do... I've given it 3-4 attempts, and just cant not progress.

Anyone have any tips or advice for moving forward from here??

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go running.

This is an endurance test. So improve your endurance if possible.

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe I got stuck on week 4 also. I may go back to week 3 just to see if I can continue.

dispatch

Don Juan
Reaction score
endurance running to improve pushup performance.....no.... just no

How is doing 20-30 pushups endurance??!?

anyway

you have been getting 21- 25 okay yeh? so you should be able to get 27-28 or so... a good strategy I have used to get upto straight sets of 70 or double sets of 50 is just increase the number you are doing daily or whatever. If you do 20 one day do 21 the next, 22 the next etc. It is easier mentally than the jumps you are taking, and easy to progress... space it out however you want as you get higher.

I wanted to make sure I could still do pushups so I did 50 just now, it took less than 2 minutes so I dont think the type of endurance involved is going to be improved by running much. it is going to be improved by doing more pushups.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dispatch said:
endurance running to improve pushup performance.....no.... just no

How is doing 20-30 pushups endurance??!?
Never said endurance running. Just said running. Endurance running is more like a jog. Improving cardiovascular endurance will help. Why? Because your muscles don't work by themselves. What do you think feeds them and removes waste?

Blood, in the cardiovascular system. Improve the efficiency and your muscles will directly benefit.

You tell me how 100 pushups in a row is endurance.

It's mostly aerobic exercise.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Never said endurance running. Just said running. Endurance running is more like a jog. Improving cardiovascular endurance will help. Why? Because your muscles don't work by themselves. What do you think feeds them and removes waste?

Blood, in the cardiovascular system. Improve the efficiency and your muscles will directly benefit.

You tell me how 100 pushups in a row is endurance.

It's mostly aerobic exercise.
I don't know about you, but unless you're COMPLETELY out of shape, your muscles are going to fail far before you're out of breath from 100 pushups.

Sure, it's an endurance test, but a test of muscle endurance, not cardiovascular endurance.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardiovascular and muscular endurance are not mutually exclusive. Both the heart and the striated muscles play a role in general exercise endurance.

In reference to push ups, one would expect the striated muscle glycogen to deplete and cause weakness and pain. This would limit the amount of push-ups one could perform. Regardless of the efficiency of your heart, your muscles would run out of substrates for energy, making them weak. If one had larger, more efficient muscles, then they would be able to withstand more push-ups. Therefore, it is the strength of the muscles that is the limiting step in push-up endurance, assuming that one has a complete diet.

Granted, if one has a very poorly functioning heart, such exercise would be difficult due to the inability of the heart to pump blood forward, which would lead to a backup of fluid into the lungs. However, this phenomenon is rare among young healthy individuals.

dispatch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luveno states in thoughfully conceived prose that which I ranted.

dispatch

Don Juan
Reaction score
"You tell me how 100 pushups in a row is endurance.

It's mostly aerobic exercise." - Allegory

Not too sure about that hey.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2 said:
I don't know about you, but unless you're COMPLETELY out of shape, your muscles are going to fail far before you're out of breath from 100 pushups.

Sure, it's an endurance test, but a test of muscle endurance, not cardiovascular endurance.
Then I'm sure you can finish the 100 pushups holding your breath.

It's only muscle endurance right? No cardiovascular.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Then I'm sure you can finish the 100 pushups holding your breath.

It's only muscle endurance right? No cardiovascular.
Yes but you also need to be in good shape to be able to hold your breath that long. :p