Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

10 Rules for Dealing with the Police

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because of the other threads about the police I thought I would link this up here.

I got this article from the Cato Institute. This isn't some group of crack-pot 'we hate the man' nut jobs. "Cato scholars conduct policy research on a broad range of public policy issues, and produce books, studies, op-eds, and blog posts. They are also frequent guests in the media."

10 Rules for Dealing With the Police

Posted by Tim Lynch

Our friends at Flex Your Rights have a new film that is about to be released. It’s called 10 Rules for Dealing with Police. Trailer for the film here. I have seen the entire film and it is an outstanding work–accurate and useful information, great screenplay, and great acting.

Believe it or not, the police can lie to you and can try to trick you into giving up your constitutional rights. Happens every day. In less than 45 minutes, this film teaches you what you need to know about police encounters. Every citizen should take an interest in learning about constitutional rights. And experienced lawyers will tell you that you can save thousands of bucks in legal fees by avoiding common mistakes. But you need to know the traps. If you have teenagers in the family, make them watch it. Knowledge is power. Spread the word."

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly why I hate cops.

They have more interest in writing tickets and arresting people for minor crimes than they do in actually helping. Probably the most useless "profession" ever. Instead of solving and preventing crimes 90% of them sit on the side of the road trying to catch speeders while only cleaning up the mess that rapists, murderers, and thieves leave behind :mad:

*Sorry just a little bit pissed given the recent rash of cop threads

NO_BODY

Banned
Reaction score
This film is 48 minutes long, done by a professional defense lawyer, and it's free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Presently not talking to police is an indicator of terrorism. There were cases of cops slamming cuffs on people because people exercised their rights. Completely bogus charges, and nobody was ever convicted in a court.

Presently there are half a million military troops on our streets, acting as police. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOz6kWBQvqw

I know why they are here and I have an idea on how it's going to go down.

Watch Copenhagen closely. Treaty for global tax on air we exhale and 1-child policy (50% population reduction per generation). Corporations have invested BILLIONS into carbon credit, corporations which have lobbyists. Congress is going to ratify this treaty unless we go completely ape about it. Most likely this treaty will pass congress under a cover of something else very big, such as an immigration bill going through, or a celebrity death.

(Remember Michael Jackson, that was health care bill time, people like myself stalled it)

There is a good chance that tax on air we exhale and 1-child policy will pass. Those troops on our streets are there to make us love it. In case we don't love it? Interment Camps.

It's end of America, end of freedom, troops are here to counteract the actions of patriots who will attempt to overthrow current government structure in order to restore our constitution.

FEMA plays a major role in this scheme. FEMA allows president to suspend constitution by declaring a state of emergency. Picture several nukes going off here and there, tax on air will be back page news bobba.

Now there are two possibilities for you, the reader: either you've made the leap over the fence and escaped the herd, or you are still with the herd, happy and safe, beeaing at anyone that tells you you're going to the slaughter.

I have an excellent analogy for you herding animals.

For those that made the leap and are free, you need to have guns, ammunition, and food. You also need to hide your guns, http://www.hideyourguns.com/ . No one knows how it will go down after they declare martial law. The general consensus is that roads and sea and airports will be closed, there will be house to house searching, and that they will hit first those that are known to them to be "domestic terrorists." For the rest of population, food, power, and water is going to be rationed, for control and for eventual slaughter. I don't know what you have decided you will do, stay and fight, or flea the country. I'm latter presently, I'm thinking of Russia. It is a good idea to see and watch what Russia will do about Copenhagen treaty. If they adopt it, that means Russia is with NWO, if not, that means they are one of the last beacons of freedom left out there. Presently we believe Russia is on our side.

I could go on and reveal higher level knowledge, DUMBS, nukes in orbit to take out DUMBS, and all that goes with that. But I assume even the escaped sheep has a limited perspective, and only time can widen the view. If your'e awake eventually you will discover that information for yourself.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the link. great video

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BlakeW5 said:
Exactly why I hate cops.

They have more interest in writing tickets and arresting people for minor crimes than they do in actually helping. Probably the most useless "profession" ever. Instead of solving and preventing crimes 90% of them sit on the side of the road trying to catch speeders while only cleaning up the mess that rapists, murderers, and thieves leave behind :mad:

*Sorry just a little bit pissed given the recent rash of cop threads

Listen to your stupidity. Do you honestly believe this ?

1) Why do you think they write so many tickets and try to catch speeders? Perhaps because auto accidents are one of the leading causes of death in America and giving out speeding tickets is a great form of deterrance. Also revenue from the tickets helps fund public needs such as road improvements, etc.

2) They have special divisions that deal with rapists, murders, and thieves. Homicide divsion, special investigations divisions, or even FBI or ATF. Uniform cops do NOT investigate big crimes. Detectives do.

3) "most useless profession ever" ? Seriously ? So do you think being a soldier in our military is the 2nd most useless profession ?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good info, I found the middle segment the most informative, since I was pretty ignorant of what to do in a pedestrian situation. I wish they had given it the breakdown they gave the other two segments.

Here is a link to the YouTube version, BTW, in case no one posted it yet.

The house party was the least useful to me but good info I guess, I have very little sympathy really and I don't have any illegal habits nor loud parties, so it's not applicable to me. I don't agree with drug laws but I believe in obeying the laws until the laws are fixed.

The last time I was pulled over was for speeding and it went very smoothly. I was doing about 60 in a 55 (4 lane divided HWY) which is a little slower than traffic typically but there was a police cruiser leading a line of cars doing about 58 in the slow lane, so I just figured I'd be honest about it and leave the cruise control engaged.

I was mildly surprised when he pulled me over since I've done this before and never been pulled over for it, but I safely and quickly pulled over, got out my ID, lowered my window, shut of the car and put both hands, one holding my ID cards, on the wheel at 10 and 2. The officer walked up and I asked him how I could help him. He asked if I had any weapons in the car.

I did volunteer that I had a loaded <handgun type> in my <holster location> and that I also had a loaded <larger handgun> in the glovebox with the proof of insurance and registration. He asked if I had a license to carry, and I handed both my drivers and carry licenses to him. He said he would prefer that I not get the registration and insurance papers at this time and returned to his cruiser.

About 3 minutes later he returned to my window, gave back my ID and bid me a good day.

I suppose I could have dissembled or evaded WRT to the guns but in my experience having a carry permit is nice shorthand to set a policeman at ease; I think it instantly lets him know I have passed a background check in the past and that I'm serious about obeying laws, even if they are not convenient.

Also, he would have wanted to see the other papers and then things would have been ugly, so I think it was for the best.

The DUMB stuff is, well, really well named. I've yet to ever put anyone on ignore, I think, but I do have an internal ignore list I'm thinking of updating. The VBulletin ignore feature is for women and manginas.

Last edited by a moderator:

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like marketing to me. This movie just makes people scared with their images of people being rudely arrested and stuff. Yes, it does happen, but that doesn't mean you should be on your toes every day and pay money for this crap. As long as you didn't do anything, it's fine. The only thing you should know is what you already knew: keep your mouth shut, even if you did something. Don't tell the truth, don't lie, njust shut up and cooperate.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:

1) Why do you think they write so many tickets and try to catch speeders? Perhaps because auto accidents are one of the leading causes of death in America and giving out speeding tickets is a great form of deterrance. Also revenue from the tickets helps fund public needs such as road improvements, etc.
yup, there are strong correlations between people who go 5 miles per hour over the speed limit and accidents. The speeding offenses that people get pulled over for are not the root cause for all the accidents; the horrible driving skills of the individual are. Nice use of non secular logic to try and make a point though.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lets stay on topic and keep the personal drama away

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
Seems like marketing to me. This movie just makes people scared with their images of people being rudely arrested and stuff. Yes, it does happen, but that doesn't mean you should be on your toes every day and pay money for this crap. As long as you didn't do anything, it's fine. The only thing you should know is what you already knew: keep your mouth shut, even if you did something. Don't tell the truth, don't lie, njust shut up and cooperate.
unfortunately, I have heard of stories where innocent people got **** on by doing the wrong things. One of my friends was involved in such a situation a number of years ago. Basically he got tagged with a sexual harassment charge wherein he lost his full college scholarship while starting his degree in aerospace engineering. Did he sexually harass anyone? No, but based on his stories, he opened himself up to a multitude of charges. parents of "victims" demanded a fall guy, and he had a ton of charges brought upon him despite his innocence.

People are predatory by nature. When nothing is going wrong, someone will find something wrong and try and ruin someone elses life. Its not a scare tactic, its just a fact. My friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got burned much more than i'd expect any innocent person could ever be.

Robert Greene says it best , " Always say less than is necessary". More and more I see this truth unfold as people who say too much get themselves in trouble. I feel like I learned a thing or two from the video's...mainly to shut up and know what rights I have. Thanks all for sharing!

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
unfortunately, I have heard of stories where innocent people got **** on by doing the wrong things. One of my friends was involved in such a situation a number of years ago. Basically he got tagged with a sexual harassment charge wherein he lost his full college scholarship while starting his degree in aerospace engineering. Did he sexually harass anyone? No, but based on his stories, he opened himself up to a multitude of charges. parents of "victims" demanded a fall guy, and he had a ton of charges brought upon him despite his innocence.
Is sexual harassment a crime now? I'm just wondering because the 5th amendment really only applies to criminal charges, ya know?

synergy1 said:
yup, there are strong correlations between people who go 5 miles per hour over the speed limit and accidents. The speeding offenses that people get pulled over for are not the root cause for all the accidents; the horrible driving skills of the individual are. Nice use of non secular logic to try and make a point though.
Can you cite a source for this? The engineering studies I've read indicated that travel at or around the 85th percentile speed was optimal for safety.

Also, what is "secular logic"?

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Can you cite a source for this? The engineering studies I've read indicated that travel at or around the 85th percentile speed was optimal for safety.

typo, meant Non sequitur . I think secular has something to do with religion.

I don't intend for this to be a debate about speeding, but we aren't talking about 100 mph speeding which is dangerous, we are talking about speed traps where they catch someone going over 5 mph over the limit. Please tell me that these people who are barely aware of their "crime" are really putting themselves at more risk than something like bad drivers.

Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Is sexual harassment a crime now? I'm just wondering because the 5th amendment really only applies to criminal charges, ya know?

Sarcasm alert!!! :down:

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wiesman44 said:

2) They have special divisions that deal with rapists, murders, and thieves. Homicide divsion, special investigations divisions, or even FBI or ATF. Uniform cops do NOT investigate big crimes. Detectives do.

3) "most useless profession ever" ? Seriously ? So do you think being a soldier in our military is the 2nd most useless profession ?
Yes I do actually. The only reason you're making such a big deal out of my opinion is because it's directed against your profession. So:

1)How about we spend our tax dollars educating drivers or requiring a test that calls for more than driving around a block and parallel parking. It would be money much better spent than paying a cop to write tickets. As much as you think it helps they can only catch one person at a time and here's a shocker....the minute that one car gets pulled over everyone else that was speeding goes right back to doing it! If we in some way ensured they were better drivers it wouldn't be an issue. Wrecks are rarely caused by speed, it's more like most people now-a-days just can't drive.
Don't use the "revenue generation" bs either. Frankly cops are a horrible source of revenue. We're paying for their gasoline, vehicle, salary, and equipment (guns, radios, lights, etc). I doubt they do little more than break-even on revenue when you consider how much it costs to keep them on the road. Now change that expense to a tax and we might get a bit of roadwork done (not to mention that more roadwork is payed for with the gas tax anyways).

2) Now we're at my second problem with the system. Much like government, police forces are too complex. Instead of just streamlining things they waste money on divisions, none of which actually prevent the crime they just solve them. H*ll if cops actually stopped murderers instead of just catching them after they've killed several times I might feel a bit different, I've yet to see that happen though (and I'm not holding my breath).

3) Of course I don't actually believe that. There's much more useless professions out there.....ghost hunters, storm chasers, etc. Cops are up there though.

Do I feel the same about the military? I do about todays military. There was a time soldiers actually went out and fought wars as opposed to getting shipped across sea and not being allowed to shoot the enemy until they shoot first! Let's be realistic, troops in Afghanistan, germany, etc aren't doing anything to defend our country but no one seems to have a problem with sending young men and women out to some map-dot to serve as target practice though do they? I know enough people in the military to know what they do on the daily, and it's not defending our country in any shape or form, it's alot of waiting around and playing video games. Now for my NUMBER ONE problem with the military: the fact that alot of the "soldiers" want to b*tch about getting shipped out to fight. They didn't have a problem with getting a paycheck or getting their school payed for, they just had a problem with earning it. If you don't support the war that's fine, just don't sign up for a job that requires you to go fight that war.
But don't get it twisted, I would have joined the military. I just didn't feel like going half-way around the world to pack a gun around I wouldn't get to shoot someone with. That's like being a surgeon that never performs a surgery....still kind of cool, just a major waste of time.

U

user43770

BlakeW5 said:
2) Now we're at my second problem with the system. Much like government, police forces are too complex. Instead of just streamlining things they waste money on divisions, none of which actually prevent the crime they just solve them. H*ll if cops actually stopped murderers instead of just catching them after they've killed several times I might feel a bit different, I've yet to see that happen though (and I'm not holding my breath).
Cops aren't psychics, blake. You see, our constitution provides us with privacy - that privacy makes it difficult for cops to know who the criminals are. I do seem to remember homeland security catching a bunch of would-be terrorists in recent months, though. Is that the kind of murder stopping you were referring to?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do I feel the same about the military? I do about todays military. There was a time soldiers actually went out and fought wars as opposed to getting shipped across sea and not being allowed to shoot the enemy until they shoot first! Let's be realistic, troops in Afghanistan, germany, etc aren't doing anything to defend our country but no one seems to have a problem with sending young men and women out to some map-dot to serve as target practice though do they? I know enough people in the military to know what they do on the daily, and it's not defending our country in any shape or form, it's alot of waiting around and playing video games. Now for my NUMBER ONE problem with the military: the fact that alot of the "soldiers" want to b*tch about getting shipped out to fight. They didn't have a problem with getting a paycheck or getting their school payed for, they just had a problem with earning it. If you don't support the war that's fine, just don't sign up for a job that requires you to go fight that war.
But don't get it twisted, I would have joined the military. I just didn't feel like going half-way around the world to pack a gun around I wouldn't get to shoot someone with. That's like being a surgeon that never performs a surgery....still kind of cool, just a major waste of time.

The whole point of sending troops over there is in case something happens and they do have to shoot they can. The military teaches to you how to protect yourself and your country not to kill people for fun. Your type of thinking is what gives people in the military a bad rep.

I'd rather be a surgeon and trained in what i do and not have to use it. That would mean that people aren't getting fvcked up out there on the streets. My skills would only be a precaution for incase something did happen.

Just like i'd like to go over and serve my duty and come back safe and sound then have to come back and killed 20 people or worse killed 20 people and come back injured.

War is always the last option. nobody wants to go risk their life out there. It's stupid people like you that don't understand what it means to risk your life and come back alive. Otherwise you'd appreciate coming back have not fired a round instead of coming back in a casket.

The rules of engagement state that you cannot fire unless you are fired upon. Sure it may be fvcked up that you see a suspicious person and can't do anything about it, but those pvssies hide among civilians so what can u do. If every started killing innocent people there would be mass chaos and no barred rules/all out war.

I dislike cops and have had bad history with them. I feel like alot of them feel empowered in their uniform and gun. I have a cop chase me down thinking i stole the vehicle i was in and was exited that he would get to chase me and perhaps use his firearm which i heard him whispering to his partner.

On the other hand if i had a shotgun and was a wanted fugitive for murder i bet he'd be scared sh1tless.

i don't bother saying anything to the police except for my name and biographical information.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole point of sending troops over there is in case something happens and they do have to shoot they can. The military teaches to you how to protect yourself and your country not to kill people for fun. Your type of thinking is what gives people in the military a bad rep.

I'd rather be a surgeon and trained in what i do and not have to use it. That would mean that people aren't getting fvcked up out there on the streets. My skills would only be a precaution for incase something did happen.

Just like i'd like to go over and serve my duty and come back safe and sound then have to come back and killed 20 people or worse killed 20 people and come back injured.

War is always the last option. nobody wants to go risk their life out there. It's stupid people like you that don't understand what it means to risk your life and come back alive. Otherwise you'd appreciate coming back have not fired a round instead of coming back in a casket.

The rules of engagement state that you cannot fire unless you are fired upon. Sure it may be fvcked up that you see a suspicious person and can't do anything about it, but those pvssies hide among civilians so what can u do. If every started killing innocent people there would be mass chaos and no barred rules/all out war.

I dislike cops and have had bad history with them. I feel like alot of them feel empowered in their uniform and gun. I have a cop chase me down thinking i stole the vehicle i was in and was exited that he would get to chase me and perhaps use his firearm which i heard him whispering to his partner.

On the other hand if i had a shotgun and was a wanted fugitive for murder i bet he'd be scared sh1tless.

i don't bother saying anything to the police except for my name and biographical information.
That's exactly my point. War isn't the proper environment for "rules". I can't think of how many soldiers we've lost because we have to play by rules the enemy doesn't.

Believe me, I like the idea of the military just not the way they approach situations. I'm also fully aware it isn't the fault of the common foot soldier either.

We do differ in one aspect though. If I'm shipping overseas I'm going to fight, plain and simple. Going over and not even getting to fire a shot would be a waste of my time, and that's the one thing I can't get more of.

My problem with rules of engagement is that our guys drive up and down the desert looking for these b*tches while they sit back and detonate bombs with their cell phones. Innocent civilians? Give me a break, it's war it happens. Innocent people die everyday that no one cries over, this is no different. Let's not forget we're dealing with a populace used to violence. Look at their past leaders, that's all they know. You want to fix terrorism? Make it such a costly option that they won't even consider it. For everyone of us that dies 100 of them die. They'd either get fed up with it or burn out. You've gotta fight fire with fire.

The "I'd rather come home safe not having fired a shot" logic just doesn't cut it, it's just wishful thinking. I'd feel absolutely no regret killing someone that would have killed me given the chance. That doesn't make me a bad person, just honest. If it comes down to them or me I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure it's them regardless of any "moral" lines I have to cross.

I'm aware that it's much better to live for a cause than to die for one, trust me. At the same time if you don't have something you believe so strongly in you'd die for it then you're a coward, not a soldier. Maybe it's just the way I'm built but I protect what's important to me. You threaten my family, friends, or country and the time for "talking it out" is over, you already exhausted that option.

Let's not demonize war either. It's been one of the biggest, if not the biggest, advancing forces of civilization. Like it or not it's who we are, it's human nature and the nature of every other species to fight for resources and survival. Pacifist countries don't survive, they either get crushed or swallowed up by their aggressive neighbors. Sure war may not be pretty or fun but it gets things done. When you're the world's superpower you have to flex your muscles every now and then and remind the others why they shouldn't mess with you. All these middle-eastern countries want nukes now? Hell, let's send 'em a few.

I understand not wanting to die, no one does.

We have the most powerful military in the history of man. I'm sick of seeing it castrated by politics and notions of "right" and "wrong".

Finally, I'm not advocating killing people for "fun" far from it. I'm just saying that if our military made it so unthinkable to attack our country no one would. A few innocents may have to die in the process but they'd vividly get the point.

Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
Cops aren't psychics, blake. You see, our constitution provides us with privacy - that privacy makes it difficult for cops to know who the criminals are. I do seem to remember homeland security catching a bunch of would-be terrorists in recent months, though. Is that the kind of murder stopping you were referring to?
:trouble:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dated a cop once. hot little short haired redhead.

the entire relationship, if you want to call it that, consisted of her telling me how she is tired of men being intimiated by men becuase she's a cop. I really could care less, it's like she wanted me to care so she can say she was tired of men doing it.