Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

‘Sell Everything’: Global Bank Warns Investors of Coming Financial Crisis

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/01/next-financial-crisis-is-nigh-rbs-warns.html

Western stocks will fall by 20 percent. Oil will trade at $16 a barrel. Emerging markets will crumble as China assumes the role of Lehman Brothers in the not so eagerly awaited sequel to the 2008 financial crisis.

That preview of the next 12 months is brought to you by the Royal Bank of Scotland.

“Sell everything except for high-quality bonds,” RBS credit chief Andrew Roberts writes in a note to investors that reads like the voice-over in a trailer of a finance-themed horror film. “This is about return of capital, not return on capital. In a crowded hall, exit doors are small.”

Roberts said that all of the red flags the bank has been monitoring — collapsing oil prices, volatility in China, rising debt, deflation, and weak corporate loans — have made their presence felt in the very first week of trading. The FTSE is already down 5 percent, its worst start since 2000, while the Dow Jones industrial average has never opened a year this poorly.

In his note, Roberts likened the current situation to 2008, except this time China would be the crisis point, instead of Lehman Brothers. In 2008, the relative strength of China and emerging markets mitigated the worst effects of the financial crisis — according to Roberts, this time around, they will be no such help.

“China has set off a major correction and it is going to snowball," he writes. “Equities and credit have become very dangerous, and we have hardly even begun to retrace the ‘Goldilocks love-in’ of the last two years.”

The bank goes on to criticize the Federal Reserve for raising rates at such a precarious time for global markets. With central banks ending their post-2008 stimulus measures, and falling demand dragging down global commodity prices, RBS expects the European and U.S. markets to fall between 10 and 20 percent by year’s end.

And the Scottish bank isn’t the only big bear in today’s market. J.P. Morgan has advised its clients to sell stocks at the next bounce, while Standard Chartered predicts that oil may soon fall to as low as $10 a barrel.

Maybe Dinesh D’Souza was right.

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
buy bullion gold and silver coins, and scatter/hide them, at night. Use GPS as well as physical markers and encode the marker writings by means of a one time pad, any page of any book (which number and book and edition you won't forget). Dont keep them in your home, or in any bank's safety box, or at least, not more than half of them. before you bother with coins, tho, have survival grains and legumes, salt, honey, non hybrid seeds, and knowledge about sprouting those seeds, along with weaponry and skill with same.

hanni

Banned
Reaction score
You can always eat your "emergency' food. Precious metal bullion coins, while they might drop a bit from today's prices, will go back up in a small bit of time. I would not, however, put more than 10% of my assets into coins, nor would I leave much of my money in bank accounts. For one thing, you're losing 5% per year by doing so, due to inflation

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This has been brewing for quite a while. It's only now starting to become so obvious the big banks are starting to send letters just to cover themselves.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some investments in emerging markets, already down few hundreds euros since I bought 3 months ago, what do you suggest?

I also have some bonds both national and coorporates, mostly western ones, lost just 2-3% on these ones, what do you suggest?

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind, fear-mongering is a manipulation tool. Sell what you can't stand to lose.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
If your strategy is to buy stuff to make as much money as I can and panic when it's not going according to 'plan', you're wasting your time and your money.

Why did you buy these investments? What was your original exit strategy?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind, fear-mongering is a manipulation tool. Sell what you can't stand to lose.
I considered it, that the point is low and spreading fear is a good chance for big dogs to buy at low prices before it goes up again.

If your strategy is to buy stuff to make as much money as I can and panic when it's not going according to 'plan', you're wasting your time and your money.

Why did you buy these investments? What was your original exit strategy?
Bought it in the hope to get something out of it, thankfully most of the stuff are bonds so losses are minimal, only a small part was emerging stocks which instead is making most of the loss.

The exit strategy is exactly to leave now that Im not losing much about the bonds, while for the stocks I have no hurry Im ready to patiently wait even a couple of years to get something out of it yet would like to know if there is any chance to get it back at all.

So was considering to drop the bonds and lose few hundres euros while saving 95% of it, while keeping the emerging bonds in the hope they will rise again in future.

So basically Im down 2k euros more or the less, most of the loss coming from the emerging stocks.

LiveFreeX

Banned
Reaction score
Meh, if the world comes to a financial collapse what will happen? Nothing. What can you do to prepare? Nothing. Middle class people are at the mercy of whatever government and the super rich want anyway. Are you gonna hole up in a bomb shelter and wait it out? Got news for you, 100,000 people will stampede your home and take what you have. Gonna buy some guns and gold coins? You have to sleep sometime... Gonna wall yourself off in a little house on the hill? The government will just turn off your water and electricity, eventually you are gonna need something to eat. Please guys... there is no preparation for this, people who are far wealthier than you, will lose some money, new people will inherit that money and life will go on just as it always has.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A 20% drop by western stocks wouldn't be fun, but it wouldn't be an end of the world type disaster. Stocks dropped by about 50% in 2008. These end of the world predictions are nothing new, as Espi points out. Not saying that it can't or won't happen, but there are always people who can profit by fear mongering.

I have to agree with LiveFreeX. What are you going to do if an apocalyptic type financial crisis happens? Not too much. If you're not set up and already living out off the grid, about all you can do is have a gun ready to blow your head off. Unless you can get in good with a group of militia farmers.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
These crashes are orchestrated to occur in planned periodic intervals as a way for banks to seize peoples' assets. In the 2008 crash, banks orchestrated the crash so that they could foreclose on peoples' homes (hijacking their principal down payment), sell the houses again, then foreclose on them again, so on and so forth...

Using the word "prediction" is inaccurate... because "experts" aren't "predicting" anything.... this sh!t is orchestrated...

Last edited: