Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't think every girl HAS to like you

Mercury21

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the biggest mistkes that aspiring djs commit, is that they think to be a true DJ, they must spark up the interest of every girl they come in contact with. Weather they actually have some interest in that girl or not, weather she is pretty or ugly...doesn't matter, they want her to like him atleast in some way. So he will try out his developing Dj techniques on her, and if she doesn't respond, he feels like a loser!

No! What you must understand first and foremost is this: Your goal is not to make the world fall in love with you. This will never happen anyway, not if you were the master of all the master Djs, all of us here rolled into one.

Second, you must not base your success and failures on weather or not a girl was interested in you. We talk about it all the time here, but still it seems that most guys just can't understand it: You will have more girls not like you than you will have like you. And that is just plain normal. Remember Michael Jordan? There is a famous quote of his where he says something like, " In my lifetime, I have missed thousands and thousands of shots, lost hundreds and hundreds of games, let my team down in the last few seconds of the game countless numbers of times. But without all that, I would not have become the player I am today."
So yes, you are more likely to be rejected and treated with an uninterested mood than you are to have girls giving you all the right buying signals every time. Just learn to deal with it!

With women, you must always look at every situation as a win/win scenario. If you get with her, great! You can say that is a win. But if you don't get with her, that is a win to. What? Yes, a win! Because you have, or should have, walked away with experience. A knowledge of what to do and not to do next time. Plus, that is one step closer in your quest to not be afraid to talk to women anymore. And that, my friends, is a big win!

So, don't think to prove to yourself that you are a stud, you must somehow make every girl who crosses your path fall head over heals for you. Sometimes you will have nothing but ugly girls interested in you while the pretty ones seem to want nothing to do with you. Other times you will have incredible babes all over you, while, for some reason you can't understand, that not quite so good looking cashier keeps snubing you. That is just how things go in life.

You don' know these girls. Any number of things could be going on in their heads: They could be having a bad day. They could be worried about something at home/school/work. They may be really interested and caught up in somebody else. All these reasons and more would make a girl act like she doesn't like you, no matter what you do. But it's not a reflection of what kind of guys you are.

What you must do, as a Don Juan, is simply not care. Don't expect them all to like you. Infact, don't even try to make them all like you. Never quite focus all of your energy on just one girl, but at the same time, don't base your success rate on how many of them actually went out with you.

Just remember, as Pook once said, that you are the Great Catch. Love yourself first above anybody else. And never, never degrade yourself for any woman.

As soon as you stop worring about weather they are all liking you or not, you will begin to spot,and react to, all those great opportunities that always seem to just pass you by!

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to do that. I used to try to get chicks to be attracted to me. Then I realized that I had better things to do. :D

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is good, somebody needs to make a compelation of "ways to think" posts

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best advice ever! It goes for people in general!

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post!!

So true: focus on yourself and everything will fall into place.

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true...

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mercury21, good job.

This is truly a great post, and also a wake-up call to me and many other guys here.

What you must understand first and foremost is this: Your goal is not to make the world fall in love with you. This will never happen anyway, not if you were the master of all the master Djs, all of us here rolled into one.
I know that I have thought that way in the past, and so have many others. This post can hopefully make everyone realise the fact that you cannot attract everyone, so dont expect to.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great point! Every experience one has with women, good or bad, is practice. If you're a loser who doesn't date because he's too chicken, then he won't be able to get any practice for when the real thing comes along.

After all, you don't have any idea what woman you'll end up with -- if it isn't your one-itis, it could be another lady you couldn't have dreamed out!

BGMan :cool:

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Yea, I was in the gym today and noticed some girl (6) who lives in my neighborhood. She has lived down the street for me for more than 15 years, and I never had the chance to talk to her. Well, I saw her by the water fountain and introduced myself. However, during the whole convo she had a closed body posture (arms crossed) BAD SIGN:

Moral of the Story: I really do not care if this chick did not like me, I am proud of myself for having the balls to say something. A win win situation!

Glenfiddich101

Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess to a certain degree, everyone likes to be universally attractive. I know i was. Took mw quite awhile to realise that some girls are gona find you a stud while others, a spud.

It did bother me when i couldnt get all the girls i met in a day to develop some attraction for me. But now, i couldnt care less.

In accepting this fact, i came to terms with my own physical and personality imperfections. It has given me a knew found confidence which will take me places.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will have more girls not like you than you will have like you.
More women like me rather than not like me, with most being moderate interest, but most already have boyfriends or other outside factors which keep from having things happen.
Mercury21
Sometimes you will have nothing but ugly girls interested in you while the pretty ones seem to want nothing to do with you. Other times you will have incredible babes all over you, while, for some reason you can't understand, that not quite so good looking cashier keeps snubing you. That is just how things go in life.
How things go with me seems a whole lot like the US economy. In the economy, it takes one year to recognize a recession; so you'll think things are going swell, a big boom, everything looking up, then suddenly you'll hear the economy has been in a recession for a year. In regards to chicks, I'll be going along in 'heat' when suddenly I realize I've been in a dry spell. And vice versa. It really seems to me that the instant I recognize I'm in one state, dry spell vs. heat, is the instant the state switches; which is exactly why I'm trying to root out this whole mindset.

Last edited:

Mercury21

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, it's been a while..long while since I posted this tip and only recently did I notice the responses to it.

I'm glad to see people were able to get good things from it!

I thought I would post a follow up to my tip by giving a recent example:

3 weeks ago 2 new girls were hired at my job and were assigned seats right in front of me. Of course I was able to grab their attention immedietly with "sosuave" skills!

Well, one of them was really cute while the other was only average...a 7 at best.

Unlike most guy I totally played it cool with them, only speaking to them when necessary while letting my personality shine with everybody else around us. 1 week later I was told by one of my other co-workers that the cute one was VERY attracted to me.

Of course that was great to hear, but what really mystified me was how the average girl seemed like she wanted nothing to do with me! Seriously....it messed with my mind!

Now I was already seeing 2 girls outside of work and a 3rd would only make my life more stressful than needed, so I kept my relationship with the cute girl to only flirting, and eventually she lost interest because she met somebody else outside of work to.....remember the DJ rule of not waiting to long???? See....

But thats beside the point. What matters is the different levels of attraction these 2 girls gave me. Imagine if only the average girl had been hired and never the cute girl.

And, just as what happened, she showed no attraction towards me. If I made the mistake most of us guys make I would have felt like crap!

"Why doesn't she like me??"

" I'm dressed nice, my hair looks good, I'm being a challenge...what's going on??"

Well nothing is going on. That is just how the ball rolls. Sometimes for reasons that have nothing to do with you certain girls will like you and others won't. And that has no reflection on you, and as such you will not allow it to phase you.

Hope you guys can take that with you!

Last edited:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree completely with this! I've been saying for a while now that attraction is something that's natural, not the result of manipulation and persuasion.

However, you can increase your natural attractiveness by improving yourself inside and out, and that's what DJing is about in my opinion.

We have to accept people's free will and that there are things in life we cannot control.

wipz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember awhile back that there was this one girl that just hated me. She couldn't stand me at all and I couldn't help but to really start liking her for it. I mean, I couldn't resist her, she was like one of those girls I'd make love to, not f***, but make sweet sweet love to.

I eventually overcame that and learned for the better. But man, I think back on it and I can't believe what I was thinking. She wasn't even that hot, she just hated me so much I liked her. Hah...

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well if you are clearly attractive many girls will fancy you but hide thier feelings dont think they dont, they just have issues and want you to feel like **** and you should be happy girls like that dont give you attention. this is a great post and its something iv have begun to live by even b4 reading this post. most guys walk the street clearly thinking they are the ****,well dressed and want validation from females they come in contact with which is wrong if you do that you havnt really found happiness within your self.until you take care of yourself to make yourself feel good and not for others.then youll be real happy.accept it that not all girls want you and youll be happier and free.
i have this friend a roomate in college that if he is rejected by a girl hes whole week will be ruined and he will sleep allday feeling sorry for himself,thinking like that is fuked up.

no matter what inner strenght is all that matters.if you still seek validation from girls then you arnt ready.
i like this thread.

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best pick-up masters have a 1/3 success ratio.

Mercury21

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a large circle of friends with varying degrees of success with women.

Some have really good success while others are constantly frustrated.

My buddies who have succes with women share one big common trait: None of them worry themselves with how many girls are attracted to them. When I am with those friends of mine we will be walking through a store or a bar and the last thing on our minds is how many girls are looking at us or if they are checking us out.

Many times we will encounter girls who are un-attracted to us, cold, uninterested etc....in those instances, and they are plenty, we just laugh it off and forget about it.

In the end we do end up attracting and getting together with good looking women, enough that everyone around us thinks we are great at picking up women. That would make you think we pick up 90% of the women we encouter, right? Nope...more like 5% on a very good day. Thats right...at least 95% of the women we come across throughout the day-at our jobs, the mall, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc..- couldn't care less about us. And we couldn't care less about that!

On the other hand, I have friends whose whole month can be ruined if they are not shown any signs of interest from every girl who crosses their paths.

Needless to say these are my friends who, despite above average looks never pick up any women...never mind ever having any LTRs.

They just don't understand that they don't have to attract every woman in the world. They feel inferior when they don't...and that holds them back from ever attracting anybody.....a sad Catch-22 situation that we must all avoid!