Everyone Is Hoping You Fail

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.rooshv.com/everyone-is-hoping-that-youll-fail

Beta males are hoping. White knights are hoping. Feminists are hoping. Believe it or not, some of your friends and family members are hoping. They want you to fail because your success is their failure. It reminds them of their laziness, their poor work ethic. I’m sorry to tell you that they all want you to fail. Their subtle jabs and withholding of encouragement are aimed to keep you in an inferior station. No one wants to see someone rise at faster speed than themselves.

There is no point in telling other people your goals. They will talk you out of it or give you bad advice. There is no point trying to convince others of your world view. They will plant seeds of doubts that prevent you from action and seeing the truth. The minute you go just slightly higher than you have been, they will try to sabotage you. They are the worrymongers, fearmongers, scaremongers, shamemongers, guilt-trippers, trolls, and haters. Ignore them. Feeding them brings you down to their level, which is exactly what they want.

You’re completely on your own. You don’t need help from anyone. If you can’t reach your goals without the validation and support of other human beings, the bulk of whom I promise are against you, then you don’t deserve to succeed.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Women want James Bond. They just don't want you to become James Bond.

Misery and Failure loves company.

Simply put.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
Beta males are hoping. White knights are hoping. Feminists are hoping. Believe it or not, some of your friends and family members are hoping.
Cordoncordon is hoping. AlexDP is hoping.

Mr.SomeoneElse

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a great post.
I think everyone can relate to this at some point in their lives.
Luckily we don't have to do it alone, we have the support of everyone on this forum....right guys?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a similar note, i remember back in the day when i was a teen I used to hate on my friends that got girlfriends or got back together with their ex or whatever.

i used to slam them when they would tell me stories about how they almost got laid, and i would say things like.. "yeah sure you did, dude she does not want you, wake up" I guess I simply didnt want to lose my buds to girls. LOL.

man, i was such an a$$.

but back to the main point, success (hot girl, money, whatever..) will bring about major jealousy in others. Thats where the hate
comes from.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very, very true. Haters are EVERYWHERE - even in your closest social circles. Yeah, they act like you're friends, but there's a lot of subtle suggestions and remarks, hinting that they want you to fail. Most of them won't bring you up at all, and will try to bring you down when they sense you are having success. They don't want to see you succeed. They want to be above you. And they'll show their true colors once they do. They'll sabotage on purpose - after acting as though they were rooting for you. They want to keep you stuck below them.

I've experienced this a lot in my life. Most of my success came from 1 on 1 encounters - without outside interference. People are extremely jealous and envious, and will hate on you if they sense you are being successful. They'll even say things like YOUR standards are too high, but they would have no problems - only to come up with excuse after excuse for why they can't get ****. You're ugly, but they're not interested, or whatever BS. Everyone is a critic and judge, and will tear you down and give you crap advice - while belittling you more and more.

This applies to girls who lose interest, string you along, want to be your "friend", etc. They don't want to see you succeed, either. Their ego can't handle when you aren't under their wing - as they destroy your self-esteem more and more. Even some girls you do get involved with will try to one-up you at all times, and claim superiority over you. You're not better than them; they don't need you; you're nothing.

Bottom line: don't trust anybody too much, and be on the constant look-out for haters and fake people. You're a threat; their competition; you have things they want. It doesn't matter if they are successful, either - they still want you to be below them, as they brag about their successes vs your failures (which they intentionally took part in). A lot of people have an "I'm better than you" mindset, and are obsessed with status and things. They can't STAND someone being successful.

Generally, these people are jerks. The insecurity and jealousy is clear as day, but they will deny and claim you're too worthless to be jealous of. The more successful you are - the more they will tear you down. Most of them are average losers. Dealt with a lot of them in the workplace. You have what they want, and that's why they hate so much.

The absolute WORST thing you can do is try to prove that you are successful, and/or good enough - because they'll just try to sabotage and belittle you even more. "Oh, she was desperate, its the car you drive, the tan you have, etc". Never anything YOU could be doing to make yourself successful. They'll also say things like, "she just wants to be friends, she's just using you, you're a nobody, etc". Then they'll come right back to gloat when it comes to be.

People don't want to see you succeed - not even your so-called friends. Their sarcastic buddy insults are real - they just act like they aren't. They'll use your failures and insecurities against you to bring you down in later events - to prove that you are worthless and a failure, and that they're above you / nothing to be jealous of. It's like a damn war.

With that said, never give a **** about what other people think of you; don't try to prove anything to anyone; don't take their negative comments towards you to heart; don't dwell on, or believe any of their bull****, and allow it to destroy your self-esteem; don't gloat about, or bring your successes and failures to them. They mean nothing.

Real talk.

gr0uch

Reaction score
Repped you for that Floyd.

You hit the nail right on the head. People are funny nowadays. I'm to the point now where, I generally don't even share my goals or things I'm working on anymore. People just find out after it's been accomplished.

The only person you have to prove ish to is yourself. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says. People downplay or hate on you, turn it in to motivation. Don't believe for a second when someone tells you that you can't accomplish anything. Just like the article above says, they don't have the drive or will to pull it off, so you succeeding just reminds them of how lazy and complacent they are.

ganda1f91

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be weary of whom you trust and accept help from is not bad advice, but obviously the original statement is inherently not always true, or else we would not all be on this board helping one another out...

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Seriously **** what people think. There's a good chance out of the 7 billion people on this earth that a couple will hate you and envy your success. So **** em and keep them out.of your head and chug along. Full steam a fvcking head!

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Well said OP!

This is precisley why as a man, you do what you need to do and what is best for you. Take family, freidns along with you but if they dissent to your plans, got to let them loose. Thats not to say if you are planning a life of robbing banks, dont listen to those who say dont do it, as long as your pursuits benefit you and you are pasionate about them, go for it.

There will always be people trying to bring you down, slow your progress, take diet and exercise, at work I always get.."whats that your eating now?", I prepare my own food, always healthy, high protein, balanced food, as they get stuck into pre packaged sh1t, donuts, pies etc..after work, somtimes if its not too late, I use the free gym we have, Im labelled obsessive, Im far from it, I have discipline..its a dirty word, you someone has discipline, its like a pat on the back, they dont want to give you a pat on the back or reward you for your body being better than theirs even though I am at least 10 years older than some of them, more for some others, so they call me obsessive.

one thing Ive learned, when people have the sly, sneaky digs, that means one thing only, although its a double edged sword, you are doing it right!

thats why when hear the snide sarcastic coments, accompanied by smile, I dont respond anymore. I have a tough job, I do the same job as others though, but when the sh1t gets tougher, they call for me..and yet, to hear some of them talk, I have it easy, for some reason, it all comes easy to me is the general opinion, well it doesnt come easy, I just dont duck the hard sh1t, Im confident, I always go into something in the belief that It will work out and Ill do anything I can to make it work.

Im also pretty laid back, life doesnt phase me, I dont get involved in the dramas.

if people are hating you, trying to bring you down, keep on doing what you are doing, take it as admiration and respect.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Nowhere is this more true than in the world of business. Law #1 of Power being Never Outshine the Master, and a law of Seduction being "Never appear too perfect". My grandmother always said: big companies find the best people - and they get rid of them.

Last edited:

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Betheman: sharp post. I cut a lot of people loose these days, as well. Took me too long to realize that I dont need them; they're not adding anything to my life; and they're only trying to bring me down - while acting as though they're my friends. Fake people and haters love to become your friend, because no one likes their worthless asses. Not that it doesn't stop them from complaining, playing the victim, calling everyone *******s, and wondering why no one likes them. Losers, man.

All lessons learned. If someone is hated by the entire world - there's a good reason for that. Never feel sorry for losers. You'll find out the hard way why everyone despises them. Contrary to their claims - its not everyone else's fault; they aren't the diamond in the rough, or an angel in a world full of demons. They didn't become anything, or change, either. Once a hater / loser - always a hater / loser.

A good way to spot these people is from their attitude and personality. People who are kind, happy, smiling, complimentive, friendly, have actual friends, are positive and successful, etc DON'T do these things - because they're not hated by everyone, and aren't miserable / insecure. Only losers act this way. They're critical, judgemental, unhappy, bitter, resentful, *****y, etc - typically as a result of being worthless and unlikeable. Just because they don't see it that way, and ***** about everyone else - doesn't make their claims true. The problem is almost always them. Miserable people love to bring other people down - as a result of their own failures and insecurities. Genuinely confident, successful people - not those putting on a charade to mask their insecurities - don't need to.

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an important concept to understand. The younger you figure this out the better although it can be difficult to accept and truly believe.
My best friend in high school loved my failures and hated my success. Took me years to accept and push him out of my life.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
http://www.rooshv.com/everyone-is-hoping-that-youll-fail

Beta males are hoping. White knights are hoping. Feminists are hoping. Believe it or not, some of your friends and family members are hoping. They want you to fail because your success is their failure. It reminds them of their laziness, their poor work ethic. I’m sorry to tell you that they all want you to fail. Their subtle jabs and withholding of encouragement are aimed to keep you in an inferior station. No one wants to see someone rise at faster speed than themselves.

There is no point in telling other people your goals. They will talk you out of it or give you bad advice. There is no point trying to convince others of your world view. They will plant seeds of doubts that prevent you from action and seeing the truth. The minute you go just slightly higher than you have been, they will try to sabotage you. They are the worrymongers, fearmongers, scaremongers, shamemongers, guilt-trippers, trolls, and haters. Ignore them. Feeding them brings you down to their level, which is exactly what they want.

You’re completely on your own. You don’t need help from anyone. If you can’t reach your goals without the validation and support of other human beings, the bulk of whom I promise are against you, then you don’t deserve to succeed.
Great post. It's like I always say, the only people on this planet who truly give a $hit about you are your parents, and that's if you're LUCKY.

here_to_help

Reaction score
Wow I totally don't see the world that way at all. Everyone is hoping you are wildly successful is more like it. Everyone wants to be around someone wealthy, someone fun, someone outgoing, someone full of life. Why? because if they can count you amongst their friends they will be happier and possibly wealthier for it! They are all waiting for that guy to come along that totally blows them away and there's no reason why that can't be you. All you have to do is live the life you want to live which automatically makes you *that guy*

Mr.SomeoneElse

Don Juan
Reaction score
here_to_help said:
Why? because if they can count you amongst their friends they will be happier and possibly wealthier for it!
You're not understanding the point that OP is trying to put across.
Also it doesn't seem like you're taking envy/jealousy into consideration.

The point of the post is that if people can have it there way, they'll always put themselves at the top.
You can't rely on other people to complete your goals because if they're in charge they wont put you above them.
In order to strive to the top you have to be a maverick and not listen to anything people have to say, there wisps of criticism and contempt in their voice, you have to do things for yourself and not worship other peoples opinions so drastically.

Yes, people want to be friends with a 'success' or someone who is ambitious in life, of course they do. But you also admitted that theyre doing it so that THEY can call you a friend and hopefully THEY will become rich or successful by it, which makes them leeches. What makes you think that people are content with being behind the curtain, or next to throne when they start to think they can take the throne for themselves (metaphorically speaking)
This is classic shakespeare and classic human nature.
OP and the point of the topic isnt to bash people's nature, all men are 'hunters'
I think the point he's trying to get across is that we have to be independent and stop putting such a value on opinions of the people around us.

here_to_help

Reaction score
Hmmm I guess I just don't get it, I do value peoples' opinions (though not as much as my own) but I don't see the people around me as competition. I see them as people I could possibly lift up and give a hand to. Most people want to do great things but they just don't have the confidence to believe in themselves. This whole idea just strikes me as coming from a terrible place which makes me very skeptical. Other than the weird guy in the corner, when i walk in a room I don't feel like people want me to fail, I feel like they say "Wow that guy really has it going on, I need him on my side"

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
This is human nature, which is why you have to try to do the opposite and praise people who achieve things you would like to achieve. Give credit where it is due. Those worthy of your praise might give you some tips if you aren't busy discounting their achievements.

"You know you're over the target when you start catching flak."
Old Pilot Quote

NOTE: The masses are asses. They'll line up to go into the gas chamber as well, and they'll scream at you if you hold up the line (Don't believe me? Look at the jackmunches who submit to TSA and put their hands in the air for the new scanner machines (designed to train you to be a prisoner and to assume the international "I SUBMIT" position)).

Last edited: