Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Spinning plates? Who needs em'. I don't.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Now I'm not advocating NOT spinning plates if that's what you feel the need to do. But..

How many of you meet a 'seemingly' cool chick and you both get along great, go out, fvck, date, end up in a relationship etc. Then she winds up flaking, banging some other guy for whatever reason and you are NOT spinning plates but STILL have the Zen like self-confidence of just going ghost. No contact. and LEARNING from the situation while moving on never to return?

Spinning plates is good for some.

Others try to put work into a relationship.

If the relationship fails. The true Zen master doesn't need to have extra female 'band-aids'. Because they are already well aware a woman could change her mind at ANY time yet are also comfortable knowing they are a MAN who doesn't need another person to 'complete' them nor does a breakup mean they will never find someone better.

I'm the type to go complete ghost and never look back. I've done it before. No plates required...and it never stopped me from meeting other women or better ones.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
If the relationship fails. The true Zen master doesn't need to have extra female 'band-aids'.
You make a great point. You can reach a level where you are beyond the need to spin plates. One of the main reasons to spin plates is to keep your head straight, and not be needy. If you can keep your head straight without the plates you're in a good position.

Even though my relationship with my girlfriend is about as solid as I could possibly imagine any relationship could be, I keep a part of myself in reserve, knowing that something could happen at any time to destroy it. This attitude helps keep my head straight, reminding me to keep the frame, and not fall into becoming dependent on her. Which in turn makes the relationship better.

I think according to SoSuave, the ideal way to grow up is to only spin plates until you have learned how to differentiate quality between women, and find the one you want (if indeed you ever become exclusive). I'm not sure I agree with that. I think there's value in having a girlfriend or two in there. It's all a good learning experience, even if you get burned. Maybe especially if you get burned - that may be where you learn the most.

Few people go through life without getting hurt. There's an attitude here that you should never get hurt, but I'm not even sure that's a desireable thing really.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Others try to put work into a relationship.
this is a logical fallacy by suggesting that if you are spinning plates you can't be serious about one woman. you still very much have the AFC thing going on thinking like this.

spinning plates is muti faceted in the sense that it not only protects you but it also ensures that you will get the absolute best possible woman that you can achieve at the end of the day.

It's what we all wish to achieve.
you don't need to be giving anyone any advice
]
I think according to SoSuave, the ideal way to grow up is to only spin plates until you have learned how to differentiate quality between women, and find the one you want (if indeed you ever become exclusive). I'm not sure I agree with that. I think there's value in having a girlfriend or two in there. It's all a good learning experience, even if you get burned. Maybe especially if you get burned - that may be where you learn the most.
again, while i see and even respect your point of view, it's not logical from a DJ's point of view becuase you are trying to pre determine what a woman is. it's not like you go to the bar and go to the price is right wheel and spin it and say "okay today i'm in booty call mode so whatever girl i meet today is going to be a booty call". a woman is what she shows you she is.

what spinning plates does is it lets you act accordingly to what a woman is, instead of forcing her to be something she isn't or might not be. a woman may very well be GF matierla but how will you seriouslyi know that unless you have something to compare that to, and how will you seriously know that until she is placed in unfavorable positions to see her true colors? you won't. it's not possible. every fvcking woman will seem like a GF to you if all you are doing is calling her everyday and going out to eat 3 times a week.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Your not a ****ing zen master ..
I may not be but I have something that every guy here seems to eventually want.. a beautiful wife that after almost 4 years is still head over heels in love with me. I'm not talking in theories or hypotheticals. I'm telling you how to get there, even if it might not necessarily be what you wish to hear. You don't get there by "working on a relationship". You cannot make a woman something she is not already.

lol the irony being that if you just read my post on spinning plates you'd probably assume I was living in some bachelor pad with just dates lined up all times of the day. That was me at some point but I'm extremely happily married today. It's no consicence that if you actually go look at all the happily married men I can think of on this forum, myself, rollo, 5string off the top of my head, every last one of us will tell you verbatim the exact same thing. spin plates.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I may not be but I have something that every guy here seems to eventually want.. a beautiful wife that after almost 4 years is still head over heels in love with me. I'm not talking in theories or hypotheticals. I'm telling you how to get there, even if it might not necessarily be what you wish to hear. You don't get there by "working on a relationship". You cannot make a woman something she is not already.

lol the irony being that if you just read my post on spinning plates you'd probably assume I was living in some bachelor pad with just dates lined up all times of the day. That was me at some point but I'm extremely happily married today. It's no consicence that if you actually go look at all the happily married men I can think of on this forum, myself, rollo, 5string off the top of my head, every last one of us will tell you verbatim the exact same thing. spin plates.
One of the best posts I have seen in some time. Good to see.

Enjoy the weekend with your wife backbreaker. Mine has been so awesome lately I'm taking her out for a really nice dinner tonight. She may get lucky when we get home! :D

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with this "plate spinning" mentality is that it doesn't solve the underlying problem. If you really like a girl and don't want to get too invested, ****ing 2 or 3 other women you don't like as much wont help you. You have to find another quality woman you like just as much as the first, and these don't come everyday.

The real way to keep yourself in check and in control is to be self-aware, and with experience. I.e., becoming a zen master :D

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay fellas..I agree with spinning plates to a certain extent. Let me role reversal this mindset though. On thi ssite I mainly see men upset with what women do...when they go out with you, but have a man on the side.

What if you were invested in a relationship, and your woman secretly believed in "spinning plates" and was still talking to multiple guys while you were seeing, and in love with her?

Wouldn't a small part of you feel that there is no loyalty? you would be consumed with winning her affections you would compete. I guess competition is all apart of the game , because a better guy can always come along but...

Theoretically, you would be hurt by this because you invest yourself, and she is spinning plates but giving You the illusion that she is investing in you...Seriously the underlying problem is you are talking to a woman you just aren't that into. Get what you want out of it and walk.

I already know the answer.."we are men we pick ourselves up and continue walking"....Men cry in the dark for a reason. We hurt too

I think that on some level the plate spinning has to stop and is not needed on both sides, it becomes an endless game. I think that is what Naughty ninja is trying to say here....

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serg897 said:
The problem with this "plate spinning" mentality is that it doesn't solve the underlying problem. If you really like a girl and don't want to get too invested, ****ing 2 or 3 other women you don't like as much wont help you. You have to find another quality woman you like just as much as the first, and these don't come everyday.

The real way to keep yourself in check and in control is to be self-aware, and with experience. I.e., becoming a zen master :D
this is a good post but you have to put it in the correct context.

first of all, say you are seeing sally and sue. they are okay but nothign great. good in bed, good girls to have on your arm if you want to go somewhere but nothing serious. now amy comes along.

2 things

1. assuming amy is heads and shoulders better than the other 2, you now have 2 pawns so to speak to help you set the correct frame with amy.

2. at least, you have 2 women that you can compare amy to.

I say it's a good post because you are actually correct. I spun plates, from the time i was 21 and 24 and within 30 minutes of meeting my now wife, I knew she was different. I'm not going to say I knew she would be my wife, because i didn't but i knew she was different at least to me from my other plates.

But, that is not me giving you a hallmark sappy love story about how the magic was in the air. That's me, going on date after date for years with different women and having a pretty big database to compare this woman to and knowing from an almost factual standpoint that she was the best fit I had seen for me in some time if not ever.

But even then, I did not settle down. Part of getting in a serious LTR is being able to identify the right girl which I believe I did. It did not take long for her to become my fav plate. not long at all actually. The other part is being able to set the frame for a long lasting relationship.

had i met her, went on a few dates with her, and asked her to be my GF within a week or two of meeting her, there is no way in hell she would feel te way she feels about me today, regardless of how great she is. While she was great, she had to prove to me that she was worth being in a relationship with. Give me a reason to settle down with you in other words, and I will do so.

At that point, the "plates" switch utilities from being ways to weed out women and find women to honestly and quite bluntly, used as a way to keep me busy so i'm not calling every day, to keep me from falling "head over heels in love with her" so quickly.. to keep me from making a rash decision. durning that time, when it became apparant I had other female friends and when she started seriously catching feelings for me, and she tried to lay down the guantet with the ultimatium, and she tried at one point to force mt to stop seeing other women and iw asn't ready yet, she tired shaming me and calling me a jerk and heartless, tried complaining to her other orbiters how I was a being such a jerk (yet still continued to see me)... she eventually tried to to do her own little version of NC. this went on for like a week and a half. honestly at onne point i thought she was gone, but even then, oh well. those other plates kept me busy. had i given in then, i might have won the battle but i would have most assuredly lost the war. I wanted to date her but i wanted to date her on my terms. I mean I really liked her alot, had i not had any other plates I would have done something very stupid very quickly and would have completely blown the framework of the relationship. Over the next 3 or so months I used the other girls to help me successful negotiate the correct frame work with the girl I actually wanted to date. Once I was satisfied that she was ready I dropped the other plates and settled down.

could i have done that without other plates? I don't know. probably. hell we are married and she still feels the same way about me i know how to keep myself busy without women. but plates also show a woman that you are deserible by other women and that if she doesn't play by your rules you can take the ball and go play with someone else.

What if you were invested in a relationship, and your woman secretly believed in "spinning plates" and was still talking to multiple guys while you were seeing, and in love with her?
women are natural plate spinners. they just don't call the plates.

i would not be in lov with a woman who was with other guys.

actually, that exact same thing happened with m first real GF. she had mutliple guys she was seeing when I met her including her ex of 6 years. I had mutlipole girls I was seeing. From June to November she would ask me did i want to be her BF, and i would tell her not until I was sure she was ready to be committed and i couldn't do that while she was fvcking other guys. she would tell me that she would stop fvcking other guys when I stopped fvcking other girls. we went back and forth with this until she made the first move and cut off her guys. when I was 100% convinced, which took a few months that she was serious, i cut off the other girls. honesty really wasn't all that big of a deal, becuase well i was fvckign other girls. I did not allow my self to get emotional over her. plus I knew she liked me. we dated for about a year and a half exclusively. she eventually blinked first though.

it's not so much a game it's just.. men take women here way too seriously. a woman has to earn you being serious. until a woman proves otherwise she should just be considered a source of entertainment.

ps- let me expand on something. the difference between thinking someone is "different" and knowing someone is "different". The cycle that a guy will fall into when he has no plates is that he will see a girl, probably a few times, fantiaze about her, imginage the conversations he will have with her, imagine her personality, imagine her tastes.. he will basically build her up in his mind as to how she will be. I know this beucase I did it time and time again. then the first time she opens her mouth and isn't a crack***** or just have obvious red flags (and hell sometimes even then). you are going to think of her as "different" or "the one" not because she is, because you've already determined what she is before she let you show you what she is. don't let her mess around and actually reciprocate some interest in you, it's over then. plates prevent this.

Last edited:

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
this is a good post but you have to put it in the correct context.

first of all, say you are seeing sally and sue. they are okay but nothign great. good in bed, good girls to have on your arm if you want to go somewhere but nothing serious. now amy comes along.

2 things

1. assuming amy is heads and shoulders better than the other 2, you now have 2 pawns so to speak to help you set the correct frame with amy.

2. at least, you have 2 women that you can compare amy to.

I say it's a good post because you are actually correct. I spun plates, from the time i was 21 and 24 and within 30 minutes of meeting my now wife, I knew she was different. I'm not going to say I knew she would be my wife, because i didn't but i knew she was different at least to me from my other plates.

But, that is not me giving you a hallmark sappy love story about how the magic was in the air. That's me, going on date after date for years with different women and having a pretty big database to compare this woman to and knowing from an almost factual standpoint that she was the best fit I had seen for me in some time if not ever.

But even then, I did not settle down. Part of getting in a serious LTR is being able to identify the right girl which I believe I did. It did not take long for her to become my fav plate. not long at all actually. The other part is being able to set the frame for a long lasting relationship.

had i met her, went on a few dates with her, and asked her to be my GF within a week or two of meeting her, there is no way in hell she would feel te way she feels about me today, regardless of how great she is. While she was great, she had to prove to me that she was worth being in a relationship with. Give me a reason to settle down with you in other words, and I will do so.

At that point, the "plates" switch utilities from being ways to weed out women and find women to honestly and quite bluntly, used as a way to keep me busy so i'm not calling every day, to keep me from falling "head over heels in love with her" so quickly.. to keep me from making a rash decision. I mean I really liked her alot, had i not had any other plates I would have done something very stupid very quickly and would have completely blown the framework of the relationship. Over the next 3 or so months I used the other girls to help me successful negotiate the correct frame work with the girl I actually wanted to date. Once I was satisfied that she was ready I dropped the other plates and settled down.

could i have done that without other plates? I don't know. probably. hell we are married and she still feels the same way about me i know how to keep myself busy without women. but plates also show a woman that you are deserible by other women and that if she doesn't play by your rules you can take the ball and go play with someone else.

women are natural plate spinners. they just don't call the plates.

i would not be in lov with a woman who was with other guys.

actually, that exact same thing happened with m first real GF. she had mutliple guys she was seeing when I met her including her ex of 6 years. I had mutlipole girls I was seeing. From June to November she would ask me did i want to be her BF, and i would tell her not until I was sure she was ready to be committed and i couldn't do that while she was fvcking other guys. she would tell me that she would stop fvcking other guys when I stopped fvcking other girls. we went back and forth with this until she made the first move and cut off her guys. when I was 100% convinced, which took a few months that she was serious, i cut off the other girls. honesty really wasn't all that big of a deal, becuase well i was fvckign other girls. I did not allow my self to get emotional over her. plus I knew she liked me. we dated for about a year and a half exclusively. she eventually blinked first though.

it's not so much a game it's just.. men take women here way too seriously. a woman has to earn you being serious. until a woman proves otherwise she should just be considered a source of entertainment.

ps- let me expand on something. the difference between thinking someone is "different" and knowing someone is "different". The cycle that a guy will fall into when he has no plates is that he will see a girl, probably a few times, fantiaze about her, imginage the conversations he will have with her, imagine her personality, imagine her tastes.. he will basically build her up in his mind as to how she will be. I know this beucase I did it time and time again. then the first time she opens her mouth and isn't a crack***** or just have obvious red flags (and hell sometimes even then). you are going to think of her as "different" or "the one" not because she is, because you've already determined what she is before she let you show you what she is. don't let her mess around and actually reciprocate some interest in you, it's over then. plates prevent this.

This is an incredible post BB and so much truth.

Rollo has a great post divulging into plate theory. He explained how most guys who start to learn about game and eventually plate theory have the wrong mentality from the start.

They start dating a few girls and as soon as they like one girl more than the other 2, they will immediately drop the other 2 girls for no reason and focus all their attention on the girl they like the most.

As you mentioned, they build her up as a Cinderella and immediately think of her as "different," which is truly the beginning of the end.

For those that truly understand the point of plate theory, (in my opinion) its NECESSARY and BENEFICIAL to implement plate theory to its fullest extent.

To me its simple, not only does it protect you from letting your emotions take over out the gate, it keeps your mind pre-occupied since you are splitting time between multiple women AND by its very nature sets the frame that the girl(s) must prove themselves to YOU, not the other way around.

EDIT: Reps on re-charge BB, I'll get you when I can.

PIMP

Last edited:

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:
Okay fellas..I agree with spinning plates to a certain extent. Let me role reversal this mindset though. On thi ssite I mainly see men upset with what women do...when they go out with you, but have a man on the side.
It's an ego thing. "Man, I am the best man in the world so this girl should be drooling all over me and forego all other male attention!" the guy in question ever hardly being a True Prize.

If we're not exclusive, she can see whoever she wants... on her own dime and time.

If you entered the exclusive relationship properly, one of your conditions for granting her exclusivity should be no romantic/attention-seeking contact of any kind with any other males, especially exes. "But I'm really good friends with my ex! I can't just cut him off!" "Sure thing, sweetheart. Hey listen, can you hand me my pants? I gotta take off now..." and never see her again! ;)

She's gonna cheat if she wants to cheat. You can't prevent that if she's a low-quality woman and/or you do not hold up your end of the deal by being a Man.

I guess competition is all apart of the game , because a better guy can always come along but...
True. But that's why you become the best man you can be: so that you can attract the best woman you can. If she's smart and you truly ARE a Prize, she will stick with you.

Theoretically, you would be hurt by this because you invest yourself, and she is spinning plates but giving You the illusion that she is investing in you...
If/when you find out she's cheating, just leave. Sure, it will hurt. But time heals everything and you will have had found that she was no good. Time to spin [a] new plate then.

I think that on some level the plate spinning has to stop and is not needed on both sides, it becomes an endless game.
This is a dangerous mindset. "Game is Forever" for men (see my sig). You always have to play properly if you want to stay afloat in the Game of Life. Smart people keep their skills sharp and improve. They get ahead.

Lazy people get complacent. They eventually get dumped. I know. I was that guy.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some of you guys are way over-thinking this.

Plate spinning is simply a matter of creating a mindset of abundance, and that mindset greatly affects how you interact with women.

Women have abundance built-in, as they can get laid anytime they want. We men have to create a frame of abundance in order to even the playing field.

It also mitigates our tendency toward oneitis. We think more clearly when we have options. Every good negotiator knows that there is power in having options.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I think some of you guys are way over-thinking this.

Plate spinning is simply a matter of creating a mindset of abundance, and that mindset greatly affects how you interact with women.

Women have abundance built-in, as they can get laid anytime they want. We men have to create a frame of abundance in order to even the playing field.

It also mitigates our tendency toward oneitis. We think more clearly when we have options. Every good negotiator knows that there is power in having options.

My power is leaving without a trace. No plates required. And not having plates while I was or wasn't dating someone had literally zero effect on my self esteem and knowing like I've said before: I don't need anyone to 'complete' me. I keep that mindset always. Someone who needs to be 'complete' with someone is broken to begin with.

I'm part of their world as they are part of mine till we both possibly grow and become one. If not. We both go our seperate merry ways and I don't look back other than to learn from the experience.

I realize not many 'djs' can handle that. I can. Easy work.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
My power is leaving without a trace. No plates required. And not having plates while I was or wasn't dating someone had literally zero effect on my self esteem and knowing like I've said before: I don't need anyone to 'complete' me. I keep that mindset always.
If you know you are able to go pick up another woman anytime, that also can give you an abundance mindset. As long as you have the right frame of mind, it probaby doesn't matter whether you spin plates or not. Spinning plates is solid advice, and I think most guys should spin plates for at least some period in thier life. But I don't believe "Thou shalt spin plates and thou shalt always spin plates" is necessary.

I've had girlfriends, serial dated, spun plates, and gone without. I'm still the same person regardless.

If you have to be dependent on spinning plates for your mindset, that's just as bad as being dependent on one woman. What happens if all your plates spin out?

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
zekko said:
If you have to be dependent on spinning plates for your mindset, that's just as bad as being dependent on one woman. What happens if all your plates spin out?
Who said I was dependent on one woman? She and I are only a part of each others lives till we either grow and become one or keep it moving in seperate directions.

If my plates spin out? I meet new chicks. I know tons. Hell I have them coming in to visit me at my second part time job and haven't dated them in a while. Some can't believe I'm not married or not married yet. Some give me the "I guess I'll see you around." Yep. I guess so. I've passed the 'worrying' stage a long time ago to the point of indifference and they still come calling as well as new ones. No time for nonsense. If they've got a boyfriend or gotten married? Good for them. What 'plates' do is of no control of mine. I live my life. Seems to work and hasn't stopped me from getting new chicks.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
If you know you are able to go pick up another woman anytime, that also can give you an abundance mindset. As long as you have the right frame of mind, it probaby doesn't matter whether you spin plates or not. Spinning plates is solid advice, and I think most guys should spin plates for at least some period in thier life. But I don't believe "Thou shalt spin plates and thou shalt always spin plates" is necessary.

I've had girlfriends, serial dated, spun plates, and gone without. I'm still the same person regardless.

I agree zekko.

Spinning plates just seems like another way of pedestalizing women...it makes no difference than having one-itis. Your happiness is still dependent on a woman (albeit multiple women). Can't we just learn to be happy and content without them?

I haven't had a problem hooking up/getting girlfriends in the past as well so right now my current rotation of 0 women is fine with me. Heck I cut things off with my ex turned FWB last month and had no plates lined up. Tried approaching some new chicks, got blown off...decided to just lay low for a while and focus on other things like getting back in shape, working, and enjoying my free time playing xbox and hanging out with buddies.

The way I see it, spinning plates just means more work I have to do to keep women interested and I've just reach a point of "f*ck it, don't care anymore" Some girl at the store was flirting with me earlier today, I flirted back and went about my business. Girls at the gym are starting to eye me a bit now that I am getting a little leaner and fit. Just continued with my workout. No thoughts of "OMG another potential plate!"

I'm not bashing it. Some guys need it to keep from falling for the first girl who bats an eyelash towards them, but on the other extreme it becomes an annoying d*ck measuring contest....whoever has the most plates is the biggest DJ. Just work whatever angle suits your lifestyle and circumstances, knowing that zero plates is not going to brand you an AFC loser.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naughty Ninja said:
Who said I was dependent on one woman? She and I are only a part of each others lives till we either grow and become one or keep it moving in seperate directions.
I know it's your thread, but I wasn't referring to you, Ninja. You said you didn't need plates. Read it as:

"If one has to be dependent on spinning plates for one's mindset, that's just as bad as being dependent on one woman. What happens if all one's plates spin out?"

sstype said:
I haven't had a problem hooking up/getting girlfriends in the past as well so right now my current rotation of 0 women is fine with me. Heck I cut things off with my ex turned FWB last month and had no plates lined up. Tried approaching some new chicks, got blown off...decided to just lay low for a while and focus on other things like getting back in shape, working, and enjoying my free time playing xbox and hanging out with buddies.
Also, I've been through times when I didn't have time for women. At one point I was working full time and going to college. I only dated in the summer, when I had time. I know Backbreaker has discussed going through a period where he was focusing on his business and didn't have time for women. Sometimes you just don't have time to date, you're busy building your future. Similarly, maybe sometimes you only have time to serial date.