Old guys in incredible shape on PED's

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I heard there is an increased risk of MI (heart attacks). I also heard that if you stop using it then your body will not be able to produce it anymore. I have heard these things from health care providers if I am not mistaken.
Well yes but that is in large part due people not keeping an eye on their hematocrit levels to see if they are susceptible to polythecemia(increased red blood cell production).

This is a common side effect but not in everyone. However, if you have it, like I do, you need to donate blood every 8-12 weeks to ensure your hematocrit levels stay in check and your blood doesn't get too thick. Otherwise your blood can turn into sludge and cause blood clots/heart attacks/strokes.

Kind of unfathomable that most doctors don't even really have their patients on TRT checked for this regularly at least until they know this isn't an issue for them.

Not sure why natural production of testosterone would be an issue since you already aren't producing enough to begin with. That's the entire reason you get on TRT.

Reaction score
IMHO The dudes physical condition is not something that needs "special sports supplements", lean but not that much muscle. Decent(not even great) genetics and hard consistent work over decades is enough. Even less impressed if on trt. You can see equally old bodybuilders with more impressive physique

What I'm quite impressed is the skin. That needs some crazy collagen synthesis genetics in addition to sunscreen. :D

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guy in the clip is obviously juicing. He is way too lean and has steroid gut.

If you want to look good into your 60s, do the following:

-drink lots of water
-take medicine as prescribed
-lay off the drugs and alcohol
-strength train
-eat a balanced diet
-fvck often

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
IMHO The dudes physical condition is not something that needs "special sports supplements", lean but not that much muscle. Decent(not even great) genetics and hard consistent work over decades is enough. Even less impressed if on trt. You can see equally old bodybuilders with more impressive physique

What I'm quite impressed is the skin. That needs some crazy collagen synthesis genetics in addition to sunscreen. :D
At age 60? Are you kidding me?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
This post alone shows how much steroids have come into play in our society. Even men thinking the Rock’s or Momoa physiques are the new normal for big. Don’t act like a dumb chick. JFC.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
has steroid gut
Do you know what compounds cause "steroid gut"?

HGH, usually paired with insulin. Neither of which are steroids.

By the size of him, he is probably taking neither. You simply don't stay small while on HGH and insulin.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post alone shows how much steroids have come into play in our society. Even men thinking the Rock’s or Momoa physiques are the new normal for big. Don’t act like a dumb chick. JFC.
Well, yeah obviously the Rock and Mamoa are taking steroids. that's not a surprise - they both are quite large.

Being lean is not an indicator of steroids - they do little to nothing to lose bodyfat. Carrying lots of muscle is absolutely an indicator of steroids. A good tool for this is Fat Free Mass Index (FFMI).

There is nothing about this dude's physique that indicates steroid use. I'm not saying he isn't taking them, I'm saying he doesn't NEED to take them to have this physique. Steady diet and exercise, especially if done for like 50 years, will still yield impressive results.

Reaction score
Two things here that in my opinion you are missing:
1. That look fools eye, he has quite limited muscle mass, but looks more muscular than he is because of low bf%.
2. When you train consistently and hard for decades the muscle really "sticks". When you stop training the muscle loss can be suprisingly slow and when you start to train consistently again you gain back the old size really fast.I have personal experience on this. If you just keep training the same effect allows you to keep most of the original size really long into old age. With TRT this actually even easier.

On the other hand, getting into that shape as someone who has never trained before would require crazy genetics.

The youthful skin on this one is really impressive.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I don't really know anything about steroids or body building in general. But can anyone tell me if they suspect this dude is on anything? Cause if not, then it'll serve as good motivation:

1030126_ChuanDo_Tan_instagram_740d88ef4d91c0ee64eecae59aa8398d.jpg

You can google more photos and info about him. His name is Chuando Tan and he's in his late 50s.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I don't really know anything about steroids or body building in general. But can anyone tell me if they suspect this dude is on anything? Cause if not, then it'll serve as good motivation:

View attachment 11616

You can google more photos and info about him. His name is Chuando Tan and he's in his late 50s.
There is no way to know, nor does it matter. What you are really asking is: "is this goal attainable naturally?"

I'd say yes, this is not a large amount of muscle.

Free_Agent

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on the not working out more than 3x a week? I'm younger than he ( 47) but it seems like insufficient no?

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts on the not working out more than 3x a week? I'm younger than he ( 47) but it seems like insufficient no?
Depends how hard you're training.

If you're pushing every set to utter failure, then 3-4x a week is perfect. At 29 and blasting gear, I cannot recover from more than 4x in a week of this style training.

If you are not training that intensely (not related to effort, but to proximity to muscular failure within the set), then you can probably train more frequently.

FWIW, all the biggest guys I know lift 3-4x a week.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Assuming you’re natty, there is no reason to work out more than 3X per week.

I only train twice a week. But I make sure to reach my daily step goal 6 days per week.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I put on about 18lbs of lean muscle in about 4 months when I stopped overtraining - I was doing 90 minutes a day 6-7 days a week and I could not put on bulk to save my life no matter how much I ate.

A severe injury cause me to drop to 3-4 times a week and input on muscle almost effortlessly - I was 39. But if you go 3x a week go hard, e.g. on leg day you should squat so heavy and deep you should walk out of the gym on stilts, you’re stumbling…

IMG_6663.jpeg

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
More than 4 lbs of new muscle per month natural at 39 years old?

Either you were a complete novice.. or I smell a rat.
Ok, it was probably more like 6 months and I was a newb, I’d also been training wrong, hence the injury. Given you can put on 3 lbs a month easily and more in newbie gains, I don’t see why this is so foreign to you.

Wish Alphabet hadn’t lost the decade of data I had stored when they bought Fitbit, I’d show the graphs…

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Pandora,
Back in the day,I used to frequent a gym used by an older guy was about sixty,a body builder,won State veteran prizes,like this Guy but even more ripped,but though his face was young looking,nothing like this amazing fellow,lines on the neck are a give away!.....Anyhow this Guy was rumoured to dabble in drugs,at 62 one Day good as as Gold next Day dead as Mutton,out like a light....Having read Pierce,our resident Medicos summary of side effects from steroids,I am not surprised,stay away from them Pandora,you will be adequately strong at fifty and eighty too!