Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Albuquerque

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NM is one of my favorite States. Beautiful scenery: desets, mountains. forest, grasslands rivers…Diverse culture. amazing food. great towns like Santa Fe, Taos, Las Cruces/Mesilla, Silver City…. Cool places like Acoma Pueblo., Taos Pueblo, Santiario de Chimayo. Great parks like White Sands, Bandeller…Zuni reservation and their silverwork. Albuquerque had some interesting stuff, but not my favorite. Can’t vouch for dating scene though.
Yes, take the opportunity to drive around and see Nature (don't forget about eastern Arizona and southwestern Utah). Some fairly decent skiing around, but you'll be gone by then (you could still go hiking there). Make sure to go out in the sticks at night to gaze in wonderment at the dark sky.

As for social action, it's so OVER for you there that it won't even get started. If you are really hard up, there are always the gals for hire in Ciudad Juarez a few hours south.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NM is one of my favorite States. Beautiful scenery: desets, mountains. forest, grasslands rivers…Diverse culture. amazing food. great towns like Santa Fe, Taos, Las Cruces/Mesilla, Silver City…. Cool places like Acoma Pueblo., Taos Pueblo, Santiario de Chimayo. Great parks like White Sands, Bandeller…Zuni reservation and their silverwork. Albuquerque had some interesting stuff, but not my favorite. Can’t vouch for dating scene though.
New Mexico is a good place to visit, bad place to live location.

There are problems there besides the lackluster mating environment. It's not an easy place to make a living, which is why there's a lot of poverty there.

As for social action, it's so OVER for you there that it won't even get started.
It's possible to get laid and form relationships in Albuquerque but it has a greater degree of difficulty than other places.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the past 18 months, @Jesse Pinkman and I have improved reports on the certain US cities and their mating environments. It appears someone tried to do that with Albuquerque 20 years ago and the post didn't take off. The Jesse Pinkman on "Breaking Bad" was an Albuquerque resident.

Albuquerque is a mid-sized metro and it has grown a lot in recent decades. Albuquerque's population was just under 385,000 in 1990. In 2003, when this thread was originally made, its population was around 460,000. Today's Albuquerque's population is around 565,000 and nearby suburbs would take the population up into the low 700,000s. That's a larger, mid-sized metro area. When the population is in the low 700,000s in an area, the area isn't lacking for quantity of options. Some people think that mid-sized metros in general offer an advantage of over large cities due to women in mid-sized metros not being overly fussy unlike the biggest metros.

The biggest problem with Albuquerque is QUALITY of options. Albuquerque is the largest city in the state of New Mexico. As a state, New Mexico has a lot of socioeconomic problems. New Mexico is one of the poorest states in the USA, it has a high crime rate, and it has a high teenage pregnancy rate. What does this mean for the local mating environment?

It means that there isn't a good local mating environment. Single motherhood is a big issue in Albuquerque. By the time a lot of local Albuquerque women are in the age 25-30 range, there are a lot of single moms. The childless woman is more difficult to find in Albuquerque.

A lot of men and women with things going on for them leave Albuquerque for nearby bigger cities, such as Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, and Houston.

Albuquerque is a very Hispanic city. It's not quite as Hispanic as Miami or El Paso. It's likely easier to date in Albuquerque if you are a Hispanic or a White person with Spanish language fluency. Having Spanish language fluency is more essential for day-to-day life in El Paso or Miami than it would be in Albuquerque. For non-Hispanic men, being able to speak Spanish would impress the Latinas in the city and make you more likely to get laid with them. However, a lot of these Latinas are the single moms I mentioned above.

The Northeast side of the city is the most upscale and least crime ridden. The closer than you are to the Sandia Mountains to the east of the city, the nicer the area is.
Even then, most Latinas in NM are likely Mexican and not the other kinds of Latinas we would be used to. TBH, the thing with the Southwest states is that I never caught the hype in them. AZ gets hyped up left and right and I legit do not see what is so special about that place. Legit every basic white chick is from there and overhyped to so many degrees. I mean maybe ASU and AU are good party schools but give me Florida St or Ole Miss over them any day.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most Latinas in NM are likely Mexican and not the other kinds of Latinas we would be used to.
You're correct. Almost all the Latinas in New Mexico have Mexican ancestry, though some have been living in New Mexico for multiple generations.

Good luck finding a Caribbean Hispanic/Latina or Central/South American Hispanic/Latina in the Albuquerque area.

New Mexico Hispanics have had a reputation for being hostile towards non-Hispanic outsiders, which has partially slowed the population growth of the state. Hispanic hostility to outsiders in smaller parts of New Mexico is worse than it is in Albuquerque. The bigger factors in slower growth in New Mexico as compared to Arizona, Colorado, and Texas are economic and crime factors. Economic opportunity is limited in New Mexico. This is related to poverty and crime.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even then, most Latinas in NM are likely Mexican and not the other kinds of Latinas we would be used to. TBH, the thing with the Southwest states is that I never caught the hype in them. AZ gets hyped up left and right and I legit do not see what is so special about that place. Legit every basic white chick is from there and overhyped to so many degrees. I mean maybe ASU and AU are good party schools but give me Florida St or Ole Miss over them any day.
Basic and hot can be good Jesse. If you're a non-basic dude you can do well.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basic and hot can be good Jesse. If you're a non-basic dude you can do well.
@Jesse Pinkman is not a basic dude. The fact that he can approach strangers in the way that he does it makes him not basic. The basic dude now is some app swiper on Tinder/Bumble/Hinge.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
El Pinto for food
El Pinto has some pretty good food. I went as a tourist on a trip. In thinking about El Pinto, it wouldn't be an early stage date spot. It seemed to me like a place you'd go with family, friends, or in a very established relationship.

Even then, most Latinas in NM are likely Mexican and not the other kinds of Latinas we would be used to. TBH, the thing with the Southwest states is that I never caught the hype in them.
In Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas, most of the Hispanics have ancestry from Mexico. It's not easy to Hispanics with ancestry from Puerto Rico, Cuba, or another Central/South American country. It's a little easier to do so in a place like Dallas or Houston because the population is so much larger.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

In all my years as a CCW I’d never felt the need to even put my hand near my IWB carry. The couple of times I was in ABQ, I not only felt the need a few times, I actually unholstered my Kimber once, did not fire.

I then, when needing to drive through would time things so I didn’t need to stop in ABQ. It was that bad about 10-15 years ago.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

In all my years as a CCW I’d never felt the need to even put my hand near my IWB carry. The couple of times I was in ABQ, I not only felt the need a few times, I actually unholstered my Kimber once, did not fire.

I then, when needing to drive through would time things so I didn’t need to stop in ABQ. It was that bad about 10-15 years ago.
As a whole, New Mexico is one of the worst states in the USA. The bottom tier of US states consists of New Mexico, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, and West Virginia. These are the poorest US states in general.

Albuquerque is better in some ways than the smaller towns in the state. It's the only real city in the state. The rest of the state is mainly a backwater craphole, with Santa Fe masquerading as cosmopolitan.

Texas is near New Mexico and a lot of people from Albuquerque and other parts of the state migrate to Texas to get out of New Mexico because it is such a craphole.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
The couple of times I was in ABQ, I not only felt the need a few times, I actually unholstered my Kimber once, did not fire.
You passed on an opportunity to do what Chris Kyle only fantasized about, once he was stateside again

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Texas is near New Mexico and a lot of people from Albuquerque and other parts of the state migrate to Texas to get out of New Mexico because it is such a craphole.
Tantamount to jumping out of bed with Shannen Doherty and into a hot tub with Tara Reid, then thinking one has achieved a monumental improvement, the rationale being:

"Tara won't likely croak in the midst of foreplay, forcing me to either leave empty-handed or develop a taste for necrophilia"

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
You passed on an opportunity to do what Chris Kyle only fantasized about, once he was stateside again
Fyi I have no idea who that is. Irony and sarcasm are ineffective when the audience has no point of reference.

Furthermore, when you carry the last thing you want to do is seek trouble, you actively avoid it, because discharging your weapon means that no matter if it was justified by law, means you’ll lose your access to firearms afterwards.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Fyi I have no idea who that is. Irony and sarcasm are ineffective when the audience has no point of reference
The miracle of Google (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle) has largely obliterated obstructions betwween audiences and points of reference

"Furthermore, when you carry the last thing you want to do is seek trouble, you actively avoid it, because discharging your weapon means that no matter if it was justified by law, means you’ll lose your access to firearms afterwards"

Yeah. There's definitely a larger dilemma at play here, regarding the way we've tried to "deal" with violence in our culture. In many locales, The DA's office admits outright: "We don't rule anything self-defense"

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
Again deaf ears, you assume the reader cares enough to do a search.
I assume that inquisitive people will pounce on every opportunity to end their day a bit more wizened than they were when they rolled out of bed in the morning, this is true. I have zero expectations of those who's commitment to habitual incuriosity is intransigent

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I assume that inquisitive people will pounce on every opportunity to end their day a bit more wizened than they were when they rolled out of bed in the morning, this is true. I have zero expectations of those who's commitment to habitual incuriosity is intransigent
I still haven’t followed the link because it’s a cultural reference of some sort dropped to say something either in jest or hyperbole that you weren’t willing to articulate yourself.

Ergo my lack of interest.

I worry about things that matter, but read attentively when warranted.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

While you were driving through Albuquerque, did you ever think about how residents would experience life in Albuquerque?

Quality of life issues affect the ability to date and seduce in an area.

With Albuquerque, I don't think a lot of out of towners desire to relocate there. It has grown slower than comparable bigger cities in the region like Denver, Phoenix, and the big cities in Texas. There's more of a reason to live in any of those places than Albuquerque and all of those places have their own faults.

The dating pool in Albuquerque is likely those born in New Mexico that don't leave it and rejects from other places who end up in Albuquerque for some reason. That doesn't make for a good mating environment.