Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

B

BlueAlpha1

A friend of mine has a theory on why Kaepernick came up with this protest: He's suffering from white guilt. He is, after all, half white, and was raised by two white parents who adopted him. Since he didn't grow up in the inner city, and was afforded many opportunities, he's protesting on behalf of those less fortunate.

By the way, nice of two white people to adopt and raise a half black child in a loving environment, yes? And here I
Also, I'd like to point out that even though there were white people who owned slaves in the past, it was white people who ended it. A good thing, yes? Why not focus on that instead of the negative?

It's the same with the civil rights movements of the 1950's and 60's. A lot of the activists were white kids driving down south to protest, knowing they would get their asses kicked, which was very common.

As for another famous protest, look at the honkie on the left. He isn't even raising his fist, what a douche, right?

That guy was Australian. His name was Peter Norman. One of the patches he is wearing is to support the civil rights movement. He ruined his career and his livelihood to wear that patch. He was labelled a Communist, and no one in Australia would give him a job.

He died in 2006. The two other men on the podium gave the eulogy at his funeral.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/24/sport/olympics-norman-black-power/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Norman
thought white people were supposed to be such monsters.

Also, I'd like to point out that even though there were white people who owned slaves in the past, it was white people who ended it. A good thing, yes? Why not focus on that instead of the negative?
Let's see if @EyeBRollin will take the time to acknowledge that at least one white person did good one time. I suspect he won't be willing to state it though. Let's find out.

B

BlueAlpha1

You are a faggot that is illogically ashamed of himself. Stop trying to push your feminist gay frame here.

That won't be effective to EyeBRacist @EyeBRollin . After all, Shapiro is just a white male who wouldn't understand because by virtue of his whiteness he's "never experienced racism"

Might as well post a picture of a black superhero like Larry Elder debunk the myth of white privilege. Oh wait, that won't be effective, he's just an cooning Uncle Tom who sold out his people for the white man.

Then let's ask an Asian why he's able to outperform whites in a white supremacist society. Oh wait, Asians should mind their business because the black experience was very different from the Asian-American experience.

Are we seeing a pattern here which explains why this so-called "conversation" leftists want on race is so impossible?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really frustrated by this entire business. Supporters of this protest have said that they cannot take pride in the country because it doesn't offer equal justice for all. Many blacks apparently feel that this is not their country and cannot fully participate in it. Believe me, if there was something I could do to make black people feel like it is their country too, I would. I just wonder what on earth that could possibly be, because the level of anger seems to be so deeply rooted.

Michael Smith on ESPN His and Hers has said that white people have to fix the problem because "we" (the black people "are oppressed, and you can't ask the oppressed to do anything". Really? Michael Smith, a top commentator on ESPN, is oppressed? Colin Kaepernick, who is making $19 million a year to be a backup quarterback, is oppressed? It must suck to be so held down, huh?

Sounds like an innocent black man is more likely to get hit by lightning than killed by a white cop. But by the weekly protests, you'd think this is going on all the time. Now if they want to say they are maybe getting pulled over by the cops too much, or are having a hard time getting fair treatment in the courts, maybe there's a better discussion there.

Adam Jones from the Baltimore Orioles has now said that they can't protest in baseball because "baseball is a white man's game". Wtf? Does that mean football is a "black man's game"? This is just sowing more divisiveness.

B

BlueAlpha1

Anyone hear the latest Uncle Tom to state there is "no such thing as racism" and he has never once experienced it? Lil' Wayne. Let's hear anti-white racists try to sell that Lil Wayne of all people is a coon whose sold out his race...Another blow to the grievance industry

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone hear the latest Uncle Tom to state there is "no such thing as racism" and he has never once experienced it? Lil' Wayne. Let's hear anti-white racists try to sell that Lil Wayne of all people is a coon whose sold out his race...Another blow to the grievance industry
He'll be called a coon, sell-out, Uncle Tom, secretly gay, he hates himself, he hates his mother, and he secretly wants to be white.

B

BlueAlpha1

He'll be called a coon, sell-out, Uncle Tom, secretly gay, he hates himself, he hates his mother, and he secretly wants to be white.

The liberal-led grievance industry is so powerful that any black man with the courage to escape from it deserves the utmost praise. Just like Muslim apostates...the bravest souls on earth.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adam Jones from the Baltimore Orioles has now said that they can't protest in baseball because "baseball is a white man's game". Wtf?
Yet every team has retired Jackie Robinson's #42. For once the non-SJWs can use the argument, "This isn't the 1940s!"

It seems that Kaepernick's message has gotten lost or muddied. His stand was against police brutality and particularly against minorities. Whether he grew up "privileged" or not is irrelevant. What he does for a living also doesn't matter. The guy's got a right to sit or kneel or whatever, even if it's an empty gesture. I believe he has since given $1 million to charity so that's something.

We know there are bad cops out there but I don't believe it's systemic and institutionalized racism the way it was decades ago. Most police aren't going around looking for black people to kill. So I think Kaepernick has bought into some media/SJW groupthink, the same way people think we have a "rape culture" in America despite rape rates dropping since the 70s. (Outside of prison anyway.) I will agree (not sure if Kaepernick thinks so) that the U.S. has too many statutes and too many reasons to apprehend and incarcerate people, especially when it comes to drugs. I'll also agree that blacks still get the short end of the stick overall, because most are born poor and fatherless. And if Kaepernick wants to work to solve those problems, I applaud him.

But sitting for the anthem just passes the buck. It's a "look at me" moment but it solves none of these problems. As we can see, it just creates a sideshow and a debate about "patriotism" which is irrelevant. It reminds me of when Marlon Brando sent a native american squaw to pick up his Oscar statuette and use the Academy Awards as a forum on the plight of the Indians. Good cause, wrong move. People were at the Oscars to celebrate works of art for a night, and people go to football games to celebrate things like civic pride, fun and entertainment, and the fact that you can play football and get paid for it in this country.

My final thought is that there are wealthy celebrities in the U.S. who give a lot of time and money to improving the lives of others, but you will almost never hear about the work they do. David Letterman comes to mind, or Bart Starr, or Warrick Dunn, mentioned earlier. Dikembe Mutombo, who built a freaking hospital in the Congo. Why don't we hear about them? It's not about them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you know as part of his reason for kneeling he cited Hillary as someone running for president who belongs in prison?
Wow, I hadn't heard that. Guess it doesn't fit in with the leftist agenda.

I will agree (not sure if Kaepernick thinks so) that the U.S. has too many statutes and too many reasons to apprehend and incarcerate people, especially when it comes to drugs.
Agree with that. The country has plenty of problems, but if I want to protest them I will address the subjects directly, not take aim at the flag or the anthem.

I really wish I had a video loop of the things Michael Smith from ESPN's His and Hers has said on his show about this topic. He has said that if you do not agree with Kaepernick's method of protest, then you are straight up wrong and don't believe in social justice. Why is it Kaepernick is allowed to express his opinion, but we are not allowed to express our opinion on that protest? It doesn't help that EVERY commentator I have seen on ESPN supports the protest - I imagine that they are afraid they will lose their jobs if they don't agree. Or, just as bad, alienate black athletes that they may have to interview as part of that job.

The other day Smith wanted to know what baseball is doing to increase the number of black athletes in MLB. The percentage of black baseball players in the majors has dropped from around 18% back in the 70s (when I used to watch it) to around 8% now. Conversely, in the NFL white athletes make up 28.6%, while black athletes make up 68.7%. Should we be asking how we can increase the number of white football players in the NFL? I would just think that black players are choosing to go into football or basketball instead of say, baseball or hockey.

Look, I don't want to see our black fellow citizens thinking they can't be proud of the country, or that they don't have a part in it. Most white Americans support civil rights as far as I know. I don't know if we can control the extremely small percentage of "rogue cops" though, anymore than we can control those people who go shoot up schools. I'm not sure what we could do that would solve the problem?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ESPN will probably demand that they be fined for excessive anthem-standing.
Remember, baseball is a "white man's game". Of course Jose Martinez was born in Venezuela. Interesting that the percentage of Latino baseball players in MLB have increased from around 11% in the 70s to nearly 30% today. Maybe ESPN will want to complain about that.

There was a recent poll saying that 61% Americans disagreed with Colin Kaepernick's protest. What drives me crazy is I have still not seen ONE commentator on ESPN criticize Kaepernick. They all fully support him and characterize the poll as confirmation of the ignorance and prejudice of the American people. This strikes me as completely gutless since ESPN likes to create drama on their talk shows by getting into spirited debates. Yet EVERY commentator agrees on this one issue. Considering most Americans disagree, you'd think there would be just ONE guy who would be critical.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More likely to die from a lightning strike than a police officer.
It's funny, I posted something similar in the ISIS thread. One response was, that doesn't mean it's not an issue worth solving. Personally I would rather die at the hands of nature than at the hands of some meathead cop.

As far as Kaepernick's own message being muddied, I don't think HE has done that. Right or wrong, he's stuck to his point. Other people have made it about patriotism and entitlement.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as Kaepernick's own message being muddied, I don't think HE has done that. Right or wrong, he's stuck to his point. Other people have made it about patriotism and entitlement.
Yeah, but his message has become muddled because of the manner in which he chose to protest. He's the one who involved the anthem and the flag. The issue was already being discussed, partly because of the more tasteful protests by basketball players. Kaepernick just sowed more diversity, which is not what we need IMO. To defeat racism, we need to pull together, not apart.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but his message has become muddled because of the manner in which he chose to protest. He's the one who involved the anthem and the flag. The issue was already being discussed, partly because of the more tasteful protests by basketball players. Kaepernick just sowed more diversity, which is not what we need IMO. To defeat racism, we need to pull together, not apart.
I see your point. I guess I personally don't care whether someone sits, stands, or kneels during an anthem. I don't expect them to care whether I do either. He chose his action, and answered questions when asked. Everyone who was offended made a big deal about it.

I find it interesting that the manosphere hates when groups (particularly SJWs) take "offense" to speech or nonviolent action that challenges the status quo, but here are a bunch of red pillers, among others, doing exactly that. So people are offended by his stance - so what? Do people offended by Kaepernick need a "safe space" now? I also wonder what the response around here would be if his motivation were different - say, in protest of runaway false rape accusations against men. I have a feeling most of you wouldn't be saying "good cause, wrong venue."

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, what this Uncle Tom is telling you is that Slavery would not have started had our own PEOPLE would not have sold us into it.
They didn't have the internet back in the 1500-1600's, how would people know the evils and barbarity of the slavery system in the Americas in Africa?

Tenacity said:
And the modern day slavery which goes on in today's prisons would not be going on if once again, our own PEOPLE (the black drug lords who recruit these black males to sell for them) would not be selling our people into it.
If blacks had access to jobs (in this case) then they would not be selling drugs. There are white drug lords too. Police arrest Blacks at 4 times the rates to Whites, all variables in, who commit the exact same rates of crime. That would make Blacks 25% responsible, and the white-supremacist system 75% to blame. Not even 50% here.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Tenacity, post: 2365124, member: 126843"
Everytime you preach personal responsibility to black people, they start talking about how WHITE people do it too, like that's a fvcking excuse. [/QUOTE]

I think they are pointing out to the fact that they don't get arrested, and if they do, get a slap in the wrist in the justice system. The enforcement of the laws sends a strong message. If everyone is doing the same thing, and only Blacks are being prosecuted while everyone else gets a free pass then that sort of legitimizes that excuse somewhat. If enforcement of laws was fair then I think that would deal with the root cynicism and frustration and disarm that type of argument.

B

BlueAlpha1

It's funny, I posted something similar in the ISIS thread. One response was, that doesn't mean it's not an issue worth solving.
That was me who said that. And it's not a good comparison you're making. You said Islamic terrorism is incredibly rare, but dying from just about anything other than heart disease, cancer, or car accidents is "rare". Sure the chances are slim of being killed by an Islamic terrorist, but we're talking about PROPORTIONS here. 3,200+ deaths caused by 0.8% of the population over a 15 year period is actually astoundingly too common. On the other hand, there were 140 blacks killed last year by cops, many of them ruled justifiable. You might be talking about 50 homicides...out of 40 million black people. The Muslim number is terrifying given how few Muslims there are in the country, the blacks killed by cops ratio can hardly be measured in decimals considering how many blacks there are in the country.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am fully behind Colin Kapernick and am glad to see that mixed race people such as him, and Obama (who is also mixed race) is taking leadership in these issues and taking a stand. It must be that white part of them (just kidding). A whole movement is being started as other sports teams are following suit. Recent police shootings in Tulsa and North Carolina substantiate this cause. Look at what happened in Tusla. That was a clearly wanton shooting from that lady officer. The man's hands were in the air the whole time. Suspects in NYC for terrorism had their life spared while his was taken? Their lives had more value than his?

Police should not get paid leave whenever someone dies in custody or under their care. They should just get fired and charged with murder. Until that happens there is going to be issues. It is too long that videos are circulating where this type of stuff has been happening and nothing is really being done about it. I don't know how anyone can truly disagree with a simple and straightforward message like that. As far as the delivery of the message, there is no proper way to deliver a message like that because nobody wants to hear it. It's not a popular message to those who benefit from white supremacist system because it exposes people. That is what he choose, and that is what Veterans fought and died for. In fact, Veterans are just as liable as being racially profiled and shot by police for nonsense, as has probably happened before. That's a true insult to risk your life for the country and end up dead by the police in the country over nonsense and then have your name slandered as the media dig up dirt on you (i.e. like you were suspended in school for putting chewed bubble gum under your table).

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So people are offended by his stance - so what?
I'm not sure offended is the right word. I disagreed with his chosen manner of protest, so I said so. So what? So nothing. Life goes on. He at least had the good sense to change his sit down to a kneel, I give him credit for that. Sitting during the anthem was basically flipping me off while telling me to care about his cause. If you want me to care about your cause, how about saying so instead of flipping me off?

You may be right that people here might give someone a pass if they were protesting some men's rights issue this way. Guys here get pretty heated about that. But they would be wrong too (IMO). And that aside, I don't see men's rights being discussed much on the news, certainly not as much as the police discrimination issue. Kaepernick's issue was already receiving a lot of press. I don't think his original sit down was a protest as much as him simply disliking the country and not wanting to stand for it (again, his right). His original statements were along those lines. It was only after he continued to be interviewed that it became a more polished protest.

B

BlueAlpha1

If blacks had access to jobs (in this case) then they would not be selling drugs.
Blacks do have access to jobs. I'm training for a nice little $50,000 a year corporate job For a fortune 100 company. There are 14 people in the class - 4 of them are black. Over the last 60 years, every corporation and university in the country has rolled out the red carpet for any minority who wants a job. Any black person not working is not applying himself.

And a tough job market is not an excuse to break the law, FYI.

There are white drug lords too.
Pointless statement.

Pointing to Problem B doesn't disprove the validity of Problem A. Only an anti-white bigot would bring up whites in a discussion that doesn't involve them.

Police arrest Blacks at 4 times the rates to Whites, all variables in, who commit the exact same rates of crime.
Not true. I've heard vague, meaningless statements with no context like this before. Pseudo-academic black "intellectuals" try that all the time. There is no data to back it up. In fact, blacks commit 52% of murder and 38% of all violent crime. Their representation in the prison system is nearly perfectly proportionate to the amount of crimes they commit.

Moreover, police are more than twice as likely to shoot a white criminal than a black criminal. Blacks committed over 5,000 homicides last year, whites committed around 4,000. 326 whites were killed, 140 blacks. Police are far more hesitant to shoot a black person because they'll face a harder public consequence.

That would make Blacks 25% responsible, and the white-supremacist system 75% to blame. Not even 50% here.
Nonsense. There is nothing called white supremacy. It's a tool used by some weak blacks and brainwashed whites. These individuals need racism to remain around so they can blame their failures on someone else.

B

BlueAlpha1

Police should not get paid leave whenever someone dies in custody or under their care. They should just get fired and charged with murder.
That's a despicable comment and you should be ashamed of yourself. In your world Darren Wilson would have been "charged with murder" when all he did was defend himself from a thug and criminal who was trying to kill him.

Until that happens there is going to be issues. It is too long that videos are circulating where this type of stuff has been happening and nothing is really being done about it.
Well, other than black supremacists murdering police sniper-style based on lies.

It's not a popular message to those who benefit from white supremacist system because it exposes people.
There is nothing called white supremacy. That's a buzzword used by the grievance industry to hustle people, and an excuse for weak people to excuse away failure.