Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cologne: Listen Up

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool Water & CK are mundane, so is Mont Blanc.

Too generic.

Acqua Di Gio is up there with the generic ones, but the new Profumo one is decent.

Amilz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just picked up a bottle of Profumo. I asked about if it was seasonal or is better in certain seasons and the sale person looked at me like asked him the strangest question.

I also have a bottle of Tommy Bahama but I don't know if I like it. Haven't used it much.

Asmodeus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My sense of smell is kind of poor. I only really smell the spicy scents so things like Spicebomb and Stetson are the only ones that I wear because I cannot even tell apart other ones. Spicebomb is expensive and I have not used much of it except for special events. Stetson tends to be my everyday scent, cheap but I do not need to smell like a hundred bucks for my everyday work.

Aryan Prince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been lurkin on here for about 4/5 months, i was gunna start a thread about aftershaves, but someone beat me to it LoL. I think it would be good if ratherthen just name aftershave, that people give a rating out of 10 for smell aswell as a rating for how long it lasts, as well as sticky this thread, smelling gud part of being a DD! My first aftershave is Joop Homme(pink), a sweet smell that stayes around for a fair bit. Had strippers and peoples girlfriends asking me what i was wearing!!!! Joop Homme 10 out of 10 for fragrance, 8 out if 10 for lasting ability. Calvien Kline Eternity 7 for fragrance 7 for lastability, CK escape 8 fragrance 9 for lastability, Hugo Boss night 10 fragrance 10 lastability, 1 million 8 fragrance 4 lastability. These are top of my head, i'll add more wen i get home.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Surprisingly i was trying new colognes yesterday. I spray the testers on my forearm in different areas and walk around the mall for an hour or so ****ing around. That way they get into your pores and you have a good idea of what proIonged smell they will have. I bought the "La Nuit De'Lhomme". That stuff is spicy like polo red, but also hints of lavender and anise maybe? the girl im seeing couldnt stop smelling my neck

Last edited:

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To you guys who wear Cool Water, Green Irish Tweed, while twice/thrice as expensive (depending on where you get it from) is like Cool Water on steroids. I own both so have judged both pretty fairly. They're very similar, but GIT is much more deep, rich and complex. Also lasts longer too. Pick up a bottle if you like Cool Water, well worth it IMO.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To you guys who wear Cool Water, Green Irish Tweed, while twice/thrice as expensive (depending on where you get it from) is like Cool Water on steroids. I own both so have judged both pretty fairly. They're very similar, but GIT is much more deep, rich and complex. Also lasts longer too. Pick up a bottle if you like Cool Water, well worth it IMO.
If you buy Creed, you buy Aventus. Period.

Slash Dolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have Aventus. Still prefer GIT though. Both get compliments.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was always a huge fan of Perry Ellis 360...never tried the red...

Seductive by Guess is really good too...you can find it on amazon for under $20

Some of my favorites:

Acqua Di Gio, Issey Miyake, Perry Ellis 360, Dolce and Gabanna and Armani...I am a citrus with some spice kinda guy...lol

also on a side note, AXE has a really long lasting scent and it drives women crazy because it scientifically has been shown to increase their levels of testosterone(yes they have some, just much less than men)...which makes them horny...

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reading this thread has really inspired me to check out different brands of cologne. Just purchased a 100ml bottle of Costume National Scent Intense online, after liberally abusing a facsimile at my barber's called "Blackout". I hope the real thing is even stronger as it's a fair bit more expensive than the replica. I also ordered two of these "fake" perfumes which supposedly emulate Aventus and Vanille, as glorified testers, which arrive Saturday. If I like them I'll buy the real deal down-the-line. Till now I've been using Tesori d'Oriente Green Tea which is a casual scent and quite sharp (still on the same small bottle since early 2009) and my friend's got me a Borsalino cologne last year which isn't as strong as the Green Tea but more sophisticated.

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Question about transporting cologne/perfum.

I have to drive about one hour to work, so I tend to bring the perfume with me in my car and just spray it on when I arrive. But does the shaking off the car + the heat changes when you use your heater effect the perfume?

I know it does, but is it really drastic?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now I'm wearing some Dior Sauvage and I get complimented on it from time to time. You have to put quite a bit on for women to notice when out at night.

Several years ago I used to wear Ralph Lauren Romance. This cologne stayed with you all day long. When you would perspire a little it would reactivate. Women went crazy nuts over this stuff. I constantly got complimented when I wore this. Wish I could find it again, but they don't make it any more. If there was a "panty dropper" cologne, this was the one that worked for me. If anybody knows of something similar, let me know. Thanks.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can find Romance for sale quite readily online. It depends on your region maybe.

It's reassuringly expensive.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Cologne is PURE POISON. It is all made on the New Jersey Turnpike in Newark. Did you ever smell Newark? It smells like pickled butt. Putting poison on your skin GUARANTEES absorption. It goes to your liver. It is neurotoxic. Cologne works by using volatile chemicals and your body is trying to warn you, but they find certain chemicals that smell good.

Avoid all fragrances, or you might as well smoke cigarettes.

Essential oils work fine. Sage, Peppermint, Sandalwood, etc.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Cologne is PURE POISON. It is all made on the New Jersey Turnpike in Newark. Did you ever smell Newark? It smells like pickled butt. Putting poison on your skin GUARANTEES absorption. It goes to your liver. It is neurotoxic. Cologne works by using volatile chemicals and your body is trying to warn you, but they find certain chemicals that smell good.

Avoid all fragrances, or you might as well smoke cigarettes.

Essential oils work fine. Sage, Peppermint, Sandalwood, etc.
LOL

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
In that case, do shots!

Putting poison on our skin is a bad idea, but do it if you don't mind poisoning everyone within 1/4 mile.

And be sure to use Windex, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, and Dryer Sheets. They are FDA approved!

And when you need Radiation, Chemotherapy and Surgery, it's only a coincidence!