Tell me what I already know bros (this new girl)

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I met this girl 2 nights ago doing volunteer work -- we were kind of forced to start talking due to working together. As small talk, one of the first topics that came up was how we ended up working there--she mentioned how busy she was with school/work/child/volunteering/etc. basically mentioned that she had no time.

As the night went on we ended up spending a ton of time together (even though we were no longer required to work together we did), she was asking me a lot of personal questions, seemingly very interested in me, joking/teasing/etc., and generally having a good time in each others company. I ended up asking her for her number and got it.

I sent a quick "hey its ICGL save my number" type message after she gave it to me, and waited for her to text first, which she did the very next evening around 5pm .. this is how the conversation went:

(she's a 20 year old puerto rican chick who just came to the states 6 months ago ... her english isn't great):

Her: Hola 4:56 PM
Me: Are my Spanish lessons beginning already? 5:08 PM
Her: If you want to. Just to let you know, my writing is worse than my speaking. 5:11 PM
Me: It's okay as long as you don't mind me making fun of you 5:12 PM
Her: Btw, the office people of today are worse than you. 5:12 PM
Me: Lolololol 5:12 PM
Her: Well if you don't mind hurting my feelings 5:13 PM
Me: If I hurt your feelings I can make up for it by taking you out 5:14 PM
Her: Nice try 5:15 PM
Me: I'm pretty slick you gotta be careful with me 5:16 PM
Her: What does meant? 5:17 PM
Me: It means that I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing Lol 5:18 PM
Her: Lol at least you are an honest wolf 5:18 PM
Me: No but seriously what is your schedule like this week I'd like to get together for a movie or something? 5:19 PM
Her: Well that sounds great but right now I'm not having any free time. My only off time is midnight to 7am and I use it to sleep so... But if you tell me when you can 7:05 PM
Her: I can try to make a space. 7:05 PM
Her: You still there? 7:33 PM
Me: How about Sunday at 5pm I can pick you up if you need a ride 8:37 PM
Her: I have to talk to my mom first to see if she can take care of my son 9:17 PM
Me: What time do you get off tonight... I'll call you so we can figure something out 9:59 PM

(it's 8pm the following evening and i never heard back) ..

Definitely red flags with child/mom/new to US/etc. BUT she's attractive with a big ass and i want to smash.

Anyway, after never hearing back (nearly 24 hours later) basically what is the next DJ move in this situation? I instinctively feel she is into me (we seemed to really hit it off while working together) .. but i know the signs are starting to show other wise.

Last edited:

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
You reek desperation. Read the DJ Bible.

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You reek desperation. Read the DJ Bible.
Can you tell me where the biggest errors are?

edit: also, to my credit, the very last message was sent after being intoxicated, i know that was a big error...at the time it made perfect sense though lol

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Can you tell me where the biggest errors are?

edit: also, to my credit, the very last message was sent after being intoxicated, i know that was a big error...at the time it made perfect sense though lol
Her: Nice try 5:15 PM
You should've got the hint right there and moved on.

Definitely red flags with child/mom/new to US/etc. BUT she's attractive with a big ass and i want to smash.
Come on man. Seriously? Read the DJ Bible.

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should've got the hint right there and moved on.

Come on man. Seriously?
you're right...that was a big time indicator... BUT all the positive rapport we built the night before seemed like it held more weight...plus i took that line as more tongue-in-cheek ... being playfully hard to get or something ...

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
you're right...that was a big time indicator... BUT all the positive rapport we built the night before seemed like it held more weight
Take off your AFC goggles.

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its settled ... i've deleted her and have moved on ... thanks for giving me the confirmation i needed as i was really confused about this one for some reason (a girls attractiveness has a funny way of "color blinding" you i guess)

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Its settled ... i've deleted her and have moved on ... thanks for giving me the confirmation i needed as i was really confused about this one for some reason
If she contacts you then ignore her. Meet new women.

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plenty of women out here who are up for your "attention." Filter them out and keep it moving. Don't feel too bad, she's a single mother after all.

She'll end up draining some chumps wallet with token sex, if that.

In fact, any time I'm dealing with a single mom and they put up the slightest bit of resistance or force a chase, I bail. They're never worth it.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're right...that was a big time indicator... BUT all the positive rapport we built the night before seemed like it held more weight...plus i took that line as more tongue-in-cheek ... being playfully hard to get or something ...
Lmao...bro...that stuff doesn't mean SH!T...it never does. The only thing that means anything is if you ask her out and she goes out with you. All that other "friend" stuff is just that..."friend" stuff that you are misinterpreting for your own benefit...obviously she is welcoming you to her "orbit" club...have fun being a satellite.

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao...bro...that stuff doesn't mean SH!T...it never does. The only thing that means anything is if you ask her out and she goes out with you. All that other "friend" stuff is just that..."friend" stuff that you are misinterpreting for your own benefit...obviously she is welcoming you to her "orbit" club...have fun being a satellite.
i'm done with this girl...or she made it clear she was done with me...and i have no real choice but to save some face and check out

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wait a couple of days to see if she reinitiates contact.
If she doesnt, you can text her one last time to ask her out. If she agrees great, if she doesnt you forget about her.

No need to think more about it.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
you finish how you start

started beta

ended beta

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you finish how you start

started beta

ended beta
not arguing that i started 'beta' .. i know i am 'beta' and trying to work on it / improve myself in this regard .. i'd like to know what blatant/obvious example was starting beta though so that i don't make the same mistake in the future.

thanks in advance for any input you can provide here.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Never analyze women you are not already sleeping with.

If you haven't f*cked a woman yet, then she should not be taking up much of your thoughts. You should be spinning plates. Remember your only job as a man is to get laid. Its the woman's job to sell you on any type of "relationship".

Men who try to "bond" with women instead of trying to f*ck them.. come off as beta, co-dependent, effeminate and submissive. These are the men who get friend zoned like its going out of style. You must communicate you are a strong man who knows what he wants.. not an insecure, timid beta who is afraid of rejection and judgement. The insecure approach comes from being a white knight.

Remember men.. assume EVERY woman you meet is a slut. You will be right surprisingly often. When you are wrong, all it means is waiting a little longer. But at least you'll know what type of woman you're dealing with.

Wake up men.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should never ask out a woman on the day you are going out, especially a first date... that's the kind of stuff friends do.

You are coming off as desperate.

In the future don't do some much texting and hang on to the number a few days before getting back with her. Then get to the point and try to make a date.

The phone is only for making dates .... save the cute comments and flirting for when you are with her.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You had it, then lost it.

Don't try to build rapport over text, it will rarely go as well as you want it to. Plus it sounded like you had a good in-person rapport going with her doing the volunteering thing, so your text should have started like this:

You: Hey it's ICGL, what are your plans for Wednesday? Let's meet up for a drink after work.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Your desperation sent this princess to another castle. Betatude in text turned up to eleven? She ran there quicker.

Props for deleting this girl from all platforms. I would've moved on after she said nice try though. That's her wanting to maintain control.

Case closed.

icantgetlaid

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
as an update: nobody will be surprised to know that i never heard back from her