Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WTF, is FAKE confidence???

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf does this even mean. you either got it or you don't.

if you don't then you work hard and you get it. how can you have fake confidence?

maybe it's me, maybe i'm doing now and i'm not realising it.

TELL ME what is it? gimme examples.

Thank you

Reaction score
Fake confidence is when you act confident in front of people but you really aren't confident inside. It may fool people for a while but usually when you get to know people better you can tell whether their confidence is real or fake.

rich_uk

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you're nervous and you go up to some girls but appear confident.

so basically the in between period between being unconfident and being fully confident.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry guys but you have it wrong. Let me explain.

Fake confidence is the same as authentic confidence but their is ONE key difference, it is driven off the positive oppinions of other people. For example, if you had a really good day and some people were telling you how good you looked, and then a girl accepted your date, etc. You would feel on top of the world, but as soon as good things stopped happening you would go back to your unconfident state.

Authentic confidence, which few people ever achieve, is when you are completely comfortable with who you are and noone can take that away from you no matter what they say/do. You know what your abilities are and you are perfectly willing to show them off no matter what the circumstance.

Hope this helped.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Sammo, does authentic confidence come from stuff like Kaizen? Kinda curious, since by that definition mine ain't completely authentic.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Need-2-B-Pimpin
Hey Sammo, does authentic confidence come from stuff like Kaizen? Kinda curious, since by that definition mine ain't completely authentic.
Yep, it sure does. To gain authentic confidence you have to improve yourself so much that you are pefrectly comfortable with your abilities. I reccomend you read fingers post "Authentic confidence".

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
Sorry guys but you have it wrong. Let me explain.

Fake confidence is the same as authentic confidence but their is ONE key difference, it is driven off the positive oppinions of other people. For example, if you had a really good day and some people were telling you how good you looked, and then a girl accepted your date, etc. You would feel on top of the world, but as soon as good things stopped happening you would go back to your unconfident state.

Authentic confidence, which few people ever achieve, is when you are completely comfortable with who you are and noone can take that away from you no matter what they say/do. You know what your abilities are and you are perfectly willing to show them off no matter what the circumstance.

Hope this helped.
right. thaaank you.

coz recently all i see on the forums is "you've got fake confidence" or "fake confidence is not good" and i'm thinking that fake confidence is reffering to when you want to approach or whatever and you feel nervous but you act confident anyway and try to do your best.

then i thought, but everyone's like that, they are like that and they keep doing it and eventually with practice its not "fake" confidence anymore. they become good at it and can do it easily.

so just to clear that up, true confidence, as opposed to fake confidence, is when you have self respect and love yourself no matter what happens to you or what people say about you, etc. is that right?

thank you. appreciate it bro.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fake confidence comes from well fed ego.
Ego is bad. In many ways.

True confidence comes from inside.
Not of any outer source. (like possessions, compliments, appearance...)
There are no good days or bad days if you are in harmony with who you are and by accepting yourself.
You must know your self-value and you must love yourself.

After negative AND positive feedback stop affecting your ego and you are free from outer influence plus you respect yourself, know your value and learn to like to be yourself your confidence is unlimited since it comes from within.