Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you date a girl who smokes cigarettes?

Glassguy

Reaction score
As mentioned in my above comment (the one that prompted you to respond). Most women I date are against smoking. Apparently, they see positive qualities that i possess that seem override their smoking objection.

In response to your question, I'd ask that you re-read my initial above posting. My criticisms weren't based on a personal preferred lifestyle (although I do mock those that follow fashion trends ie; beards, tattoos etc...) . Basically, I was criticizing a lot of the non-smoking males for getting into a tizzy over smokers. The non-smoking women that I date ... do not act nearly as prissy.

Throughout my life, I've had friends that ranged from straight edge to heroin users. I have no problem with either lifestyle. I judge people based on their character - not by their recreational choices.
Men are "prissy" because they have their own personal preferences and don't lose frame over it?

For many, smoking is a deal breaker. Me included. Putting up with something that you don't like is a beta trait. I really don't care if someone wants to smoke, its just not for me and not someone I would want to date. Preferences and our own standards that come from them are certainly not prissy.

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
former smoker here but I never can get my head around the holier than thou attitude of non smokers. Being a smoker suggests: risk taker, fun, daring, doesn’t GAF.
Non smoker suggests: boring, timid, scaredy cat!

obviously joking as I haven’t smoked for years, I’ll have one on occasion but I don’t really like them anymore.

but jeez, you wouldn’t date someone because they smoke? Just a bit weird and up ones own backside!
In school it was the much more fun kids who broke rules and smoked. It was the annoying do gooders who were “it smells and it’s bad for you”

things may have changed now, this was the 90s
Former smoker here as well. Didn’t you notice how bad smokers smell once you quit? Not the actual second hand smoke, but the bad breath and how your clothes smell from being in a smoky bar/car. That enough is a deal breaker.

I was at a party with friends over the weekend that I haven’t seen in years. A lot of them still smoke. I couldn’t help but notice the actual brown stains they had on their teeth. I know I smoked more than all of them in my partying days. Glad I was able to quit. Almost every one of them throughout the night commented how much they wish they could stop. I didn’t provoke those comments it was when they were running low on cigs and made the empty comment, “Ugh, I know I should quit.”

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Former smoker here as well. Didn’t you notice how bad smokers smell once you quit? Not the actual second hand smoke, but the bad breath and how your clothes smell from being in a smoky bar/car. That enough is a deal breaker.

I was at a party with friends over the weekend that I haven’t seen in years. A lot of them still smoke. I couldn’t help but notice the actual brown stains they had on their teeth. I know I smoked more than all of them in my partying days. Glad I was able to quit. Almost every one of them throughout the night commented how much they wish they could stop. I didn’t provoke those comments it was when they were running low on cigs and made the empty comment, “Ugh, I know I should quit.”
im British dude my teeth are awful anyway

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are "prissy" because they have their own personal preferences and don't lose frame over it?

For many, smoking is a deal breaker. Me included. Putting up with something that you don't like is a beta trait. I really don't care if someone wants to smoke, its just not for me and not someone I would want to date. Preferences and our own standards that come from them are certainly not prissy.
Funny (not in a "haha' way, but in a peculiar way).

it's sort of a given... that women will sometimes get emotional and defensive over a topic that they've drawn out of proportion. No offence, but this seems to be the case here.

Once again, I'll explain. When I asserted that some forum members are behaving "prissy"... this was not a result of if they approve or disapprove of a female smoker. Instead, I made this claim; due to forum member behavior, mannerisms and attitude behind their disapproval.

Again, as a smoker, I've dated many (actually most) women that are non-smokers. It's also usually a red-flag for them too, but for some reason, they've made an exception with me. The difference between these women and some men on this forum is their attitude (seems like some men on this forum are getting their gander up far worse than women I've known).

Personally, I don't care for women with tattoos. However (unlike some male forum members) I'm not going to appear as if I have my hand on my hip .. if I explain why I disapprove.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think that’s your own bias. The idea smokers drive any differently is pretty odd. Also given the fact that smokers are risk takers, and non smokers are risk adverse, I’d say the opposite is likely true.

I’m a former smoker of many moons ago, so I don’t have bias as such.

I would guess that relentless campaigns by health authorities/social progressives may have clouded the issue somewhat.

in terms of entitlement, I don’t see smokers demanding the right to smoke in other peoples living rooms and public spaces. Yet, non smokers are on the verge of banning smoking in all public Spaces in a number of countries. That’s highly authoritarian and illiberal.
It really is odd how vitriolic the anti smoking feeling is. I guess if you just repeat a message enough times in the media you can manufacture whatever grievance you want.

classic in group/out group dynamic. Smoking a fag, provided you aren’t literally blowing it in someone’a face doesn’t harm anyone but the smoker. The passive smoking figures are pretty overblown anyway. you most likely have more to risk from diesel fumes, but I don’t see diesel drivers being demonised.

live and let live.
Nicotine is a drug, my man. It is a tranquilizer. When people drive while smoking they tend to relax excessively and lose sight of the flow of traffic.

The perceived “vitriol” against smokers is because you as a smoker are denying others the right to breath fresh air. You are invading their space by injecting a disgusting and unhealthy stench into the air. Your reply defending the habit is a perfect example of the selfish aspect of it. You have no concept of how disgusting and disagreeable that stink is to the majority of people because you immerse yourself in it continuously (if you’re still a smoker).

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicotine is a drug, my man. It is a tranquilizer. When people drive while smoking they tend to relax excessively and lose sight of the flow of traffic.

The perceived “vitriol” against smokers is because you as a smoker are denying others the right to breath fresh air. You are invading their space by injecting a disgusting and unhealthy stench into the air. Your reply defending the habit is a perfect example of the selfish aspect of it. You have no concept of how disgusting and disagreeable that stink is to the majority of people because you immerse yourself in it continuously (if you’re still a smoker).
former smoker.

grew up in a world where everyone smokes.

I take your points on the smell etc, but I disagree on driving. Nicotine is a stimulant by the way, not a tranquilliser.
This would be apparent if you’d tried nicotine, it makes your heart race.

Personally, I hate the smell of tuna. It doesn’t give me the right to stop people ordering tuna in a restaurant. The “health” line is just a way to get it through, you have no risk from passive smoke over and above petrol fumes.

agree to disagree.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dislike women who smoke. A woman's habits say a lot about her. I can tolerate being a shopping fanatic. Being a lazy fat ass and/ or smoking, nope.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have good news!

Against air pollution? I have a solution for you. Never drive an automobile again. And also, never be a passenger in an automobile as well. The carcinogens emitted from one automobile Farrrr exceed that of a cigarette.

I'll consider kicking the smoking habit (for the environment) when you also put your money where your mouth is.

As to your analogy about smokers being too relaxed while driving, let's go there. If they were truly "impaired" then can you explain why smokers are not getting arrested for "driving while impaired?" Also, over fifty years ago, nearly half the population were smokers. How did they get to their destination? After all, if half the traffic back then were smokers (according to your logic) they'd all be driving at a snails pace.

Instead, I suspect that your traffic analogy is similar to the attitude of those that first owned cellphones. Back when cellphones were a luxury, some of the non-cellphone owners would raise a fuss over those that would talk (not text, but talk) while they were driving. Now that most people own a cellphone, we hear nothing about those that talk while driving.

Irony: A lot of the forum members here... . are affiliated with a political party - known for preaching "tolerance." I'm certainly not seeing this being put into practice. Sounds like a case of "Tolerance for me, but not for thee."

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only place I’ve seen smoking being a real problem is online dating. Every woman on there is anti-smoking, even if she herself smokes.lol Smoking doesn’t bother me, as long as you don’t do it in my truck. I’ll take someone that smokes cigarettes over someone that does drugs any day. I’d rather date a single hot girl that smokes vs a hot single mom who doesn’t. To me those gaudy trashy tattoos women have are far worse than someone who smokes.

Glassguy

Reaction score
it's sort of a given... that women will sometimes get emotional and defensive over a topic that they've drawn out of proportion. No offence, but this seems to be the case here.
If you are insinuating that I got defensive, that is not true. I know what I prefer and that is all that matters. Its not judging, its just preference.

I agree that a lot of tattoos on a chick looks trashy. Not all the time, but most of the time. I dont care if a chick has one on her wrist or somewhere hidden as long as it doesnt look like a prison tat.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The smoking debate never fails to get heated. I suppose we can all agree not smoking is better on health grounds.

anyone for politics? Religion? :)

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone have a cigarette?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread has become hilarious - how could a simple question about whether you'd date a girl who smokes degenerate into discussions about men who are against smoking being less manly, women who smoke having mental issues and people who smoke drive slower? Lol.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread has become hilarious - how could a simple question about whether you'd date a girl who smokes degenerate into discussions about men who are against smoking being less manly, women who smoke having mental issues and people who smoke drive slower? Lol.
Just to develop this further, do you know who was the first government to have an anti smoking campaign?

1930s Germany. NAZis

just saying....the NAZIs were actually fervent anti smokers.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to develop this further, do you know who was the first government to have an anti smoking campaign?

1930s Germany. NAZis

just saying....the NAZIs were actually fervent anti smokers.
:D

Good work. Probably the best introduction of Nazi's I've encountered in decades on the internet