Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would a girl lie about having a boyfriend to "test" you?

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This happened to me once and it all started at a club. I was dancing with a girl and out of the blue her girlfriend told me that she had a boyfriend. I continued dancing with her, then afterwards I asked her if she did and she nodded yes (not in a confident way though). Later on that night we were chatting and she said before I go let's exchange numbers. A few days later she called me and mentioned she didn't have a boyfriend. We arranged a date for the next day, and I saw her for a couple of weeks before breaking it off. She seemed more interested in me than I was in her. I asked her numerous times why she nodded yes when I asked if she had a boyfriend that night and she always beat around the bush. To this day i'm still a little confused over that entire situation.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rgeere
Sometimes girl's will say they have boyfriends to weed the losers out that hit on them.

True. But how to determine whether she's doing it coz she has ZERO interest and is trying to brush you off, or because she likes you, but is giving you the first round of prelimiary shyt-tests to see if you're upto snuff? Mmmm? :confused: ;)

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about it this way, would you tell a girl you were interested in that you had a girlfriend?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, I have had this happen to me and a girl come clean that she was lying to me to just get rid of me.

Check out Crazykid's site and my first journal entry to read about it.

Journal entry for July 18, 2004

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it possible that a girl would lie about having a boyfriend to make you jealous and make you like her more?

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
Is it possible that a girl would lie about having a boyfriend to make you jealous and make you like her more?
Yes, there have been examples of girls doing that as well...

It's like I said, girls have a more fluent motive for saying things and you can't take them for face value at a consistent level. There can be all sorts of diffrent meanings for what a girls says.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by rgeere
Girl's arn't guys. Just because basically all men who tell a girl this do it for the same reasoning doesn't mean girls say it for the same set of reasons.
Yes but the point I'm trying to make is, the only reason they would tell you they had a bf is to show a IOD (Indicator of Disintrest).

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by R3N3GAD3
Yes but the point I'm trying to make is, the only reason they would tell you they had a bf is to show a IOD (Indicator of Disintrest).
That all depends, there have been girls who have said that to guys who they were interested in as a challenge to their approach.

Though with these girls it becomes obvious afterwards that they are really interested because they don't normally let the guy slip away without a conversation or contact information.

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe true....may not
Doesn't really matter... check out fastseduction.com or pickupguide.com for ways to get around it and handle situation properly.