Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women taking forever to respond to emails

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed a trend in a lot of internet women.....is there any reason why they'll take a week to respond to an email? The only reasons i can think of at the moment are:

1) Because they're interest level isn't that high

OR

2) They're interest level is high, but they wanna play that game of making you wait

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
When they respond after a week, i should probably just next 'em, right?? I'm just tired of giving these women the benefit of the doubt all the time. I don't wanna look like an idiot by responding after it's been a week since i emailed them. I don't care how busy you are, there's no reason why it should take a week to respond to an email that requires no effort.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by No Escape
When they respond after a week, i should probably just next 'em, right?? I'm just tired of giving these women the benefit of the doubt all the time. I don't wanna look like an idiot by responding after it's been a week since i emailed them. I don't care how busy you are, there's no reason why it should take a week to respond to an email that requires no effort.
Some people don't check their email every day. If you honestly think they just aren't bothering to answer and it's happening a lot then perhaps you should take a look at what you're writing to them. Do you use a "form email" to send out to many women or do you write individual letters? Do you have a photo available so they can see what you look like? If you aren't getting the response you want then take a look at what you're doing to see if something's wrong with it.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that the internet is full of flakes.

I get many winks and e-mails from women, but when I respond and aknowledge their interest, many don't even bother to write back.

averagejoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had the same problem as you Sapphire. I would also think a week is a lack of interest too. I have met a few women through the internet but have found it to be frustrating at best.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter if you are conversing with several women. So what if only two out of five contact you one week, you're always having several conversations going.

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Some people don't check their email every day. If you honestly think they just aren't bothering to answer and it's happening a lot then perhaps you should take a look at what you're writing to them. Do you use a "form email" to send out to many women or do you write individual letters? Do you have a photo available so they can see what you look like? If you aren't getting the response you want then take a look at what you're doing to see if something's wrong with it.
I would think most people check their email at least, every other day. I check mine every day.

What I'm writing is fine I think. I'll get these "I'm interested" winks, and I'll respond back saying "we should talk", but a lot of times don't get a response. I don't use any form email, I've never have. And yes, I have a photo, I have 7 photos actually.

I'm supposed to be meeting up with a chick Saturday night that I've established contact with from the internet..FINALLY!, after 2 years. Spoke to her on the phone the other night.

Last edited:

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
That's why it's best to get them off the internet and on the phone ASAP.
So true! That's what I always try and do...after getting them off the internet, it's all a breeze from there!

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does it really matter?

anyway, it should be you that takes a week to respond. i dish out what i receive, as a matter of principle. if she replies promptly, i reply promptly. if she doesn't, i don't.

assuming it's in the initial stages...

if she doesn't reply to one of my emails, she ain't getting another one from me.

if she doesn't return a phone call, she ain't getting another one from me.

if she turns down a date offer, for whatever reason, she ain't gettting another one from me.

i am a fair man.

incidentally, in the last week or so, i have received a 'no response' from two chicks that i've been emailing here and there. i ain't sending another one!

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman is interested in you she'll find a way to get with you. Anything less and you're just a salesman. If she's interested or not is what's at issue and what you should determine to make your decision as to whether you want to invest your time even responding to her emails.

Spin more plates my friend. If you had more irons in the fire you'd never have started this thread.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm supposed to be meeting up with a chick Saturday night that I recently met from the internet..FINALLY!, after 2 years. Spoke to her on the phone the other night.
wait a minute? "recently" met, after "2 years"? you can't mean that you've been waiting two years for something to happen?

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
wait a minute? "recently" met, after "2 years"? you can't mean that you've been waiting two years for something to happen?
No, it's been 2 years since I'll be hanging out with a chick from the internet. In the last 2 years I've been with a few chicks, just not from the internet. My bad, I should've clarified myself better. I didn't mean to say "this chick I met", I meant to say "this chick I've established contact with."

BryanM

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that some chicks online are also seeing other men, or chatting with other men. They find a guy they think they like so they don't respond to e-mails from others, and then when that doesn't work out they go back to the other guys that have sent them an e-mail. One of them actually told me this.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BryanM
I think that some chicks online are also seeing other men, or chatting with other men. They find a guy they think they like so they don't respond to e-mails from others, and then when that doesn't work out they go back to the other guys that have sent them an e-mail. One of them actually told me this.
Actually the above statement is quite true, not only in the context of online dating but in dating in general.

The fact is, women have backups just like men. So if a girl initially likes or finds someone else interesting she may screen you out for the time being while she is seeing/chatting with some other guy. If things don't work out, she then may go back to you according to her pecking order of men she finds most desirable. It may sound harsh, but the dating world can be very competitive and you are just one of many.

Wonder why some girl will give you a hard time or not seem so receptive in going out with you at first, then all of a sudden she seems open to the idea and eager to date you? Very simple. You were not her first choice.

One girl even admitted this to me. She had seen me on an internet site and sent an e-mail. By the time I e-mailed back she was already talking to some other guy and responded to me several weeks later when things did not work out with the other guy. Of course I did not like the fact that I was a backup and felt somewhat insulted and never went out with her. But that is the reality of the situation.

Last edited:

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BryanM
totally true. i've been told the same thing. BY MY SISTERS!

one internet chick i was chatting with broke contact for a month. she was hooking up with an old high school friend. didn't work out, big shock. then she emails me and says, 'where have you been'? how chickish.

feeling like second, third, or fourth option, my reply...

"put all your eggs in one basket, and dropped it, did you? you blew your chance, pizz off".

it felt good! lol

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I would think most people check their email at least, every other day. I check mine every day.

What I'm writing is fine I think. I'll get these "I'm interested" winks, and I'll respond back saying "we should talk", but a lot of times don't get a response. I don't use any form email, I've never have. And yes, I have a photo, I have 7 photos actually.

I'm supposed to be meeting up with a chick Saturday night that I've established contact with from the internet..FINALLY!, after 2 years. Spoke to her on the phone the other night.
Maybe they don't have paid accounts and can't answer you. Are you including a way for them to contact you outside of the dating site? It sounds like you are using Match.com. I had put a profile up on that site a year or so ago. I didn't have a paid account. There was one guy who winked at me. I winked back and was interested in talking to him and would have met him. Unfortunately, he never gave me a way to reach him, so I wasn't able to answer his email. Don't the profiles say what kind of membership these women have? If so, make sure they CAN answer you by including an email address that they don't have to pay to contact you with. This is why I think cupid.com is better than match.com. At least with cupid.com people don't have to pay to respond to an email.

No Escape

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Maybe they don't have paid accounts and can't answer you. Are you including a way for them to contact you outside of the dating site? It sounds like you are using Match.com. I had put a profile up on that site a year or so ago. I didn't have a paid account. There was one guy who winked at me. I winked back and was interested in talking to him and would have met him. Unfortunately, he never gave me a way to reach him, so I wasn't able to answer his email. Don't the profiles say what kind of membership these women have? If so, make sure they CAN answer you by including an email address that they don't have to pay to contact you with. This is why I think cupid.com is better than match.com. At least with cupid.com people don't have to pay to respond to an email.
I'm on a site that's run by match.com..so yeah, it's the same set up as match.com. I do know that even if you don't have a paid membership to sites owned by match.com, you can still respond to someone, ONLY if they email you by WRITING to you..that doesn't count the "I'm interested in you" winks and such. Unfortunately these profiles don't say what kind of membership they have.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing, I've been sending them emails(after they've sent me "I'm interested" winks) by writing to them, so I know they're definitely receiving them.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I'm on a site that's run by match.com..so yeah, it's the same set up as match.com. I do know that even if you don't have a paid membership to sites owned by match.com, you can still respond to someone, ONLY if they email you by WRITING to you..that doesn't count the "I'm interested in you" winks and such. Unfortunately these profiles don't say what kind of membership they have.

Anyway, that's what I've been doing, I've been sending them emails(after they've sent me "I'm interested" winks) by writing to them, so I know they're definitely receiving them.
Actually, I couldn't respond to emails on Match.com when I got them. I still have a profile there but I don't use the site. I just got two new emails. To check to see if you were right, I tried to answer one and guess what...it took me to a page asking for money. I can't respond to the email sent to me unless I give credit card info. Like I said before...INCLUDE YOUR email addy and you might get some responses.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
No, he was a paying member. He winked at me first. I winked back. He emailed me but didn't give me a way to contact him. I couldn't respond to his mail because unless you pay you CAN'T respond to even emails. I had the same thing happen numerous times. In fact, I got two more emails just since logging on to see if I could answer one. None of these guys ever give you another email address so none of them got responses.