Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

-=Why You Should Stop Masturbating=-

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay men. We're gunna talk about masturbation. There's been a few threads about it here on the forums. There's been a challenge or two. There's been comments from the yeas and the nays and the religious and the non. There are those who think it's no big deal and there are those who try to limit the number of times they do it to a certain amount. There are those who it seems to effect and those who are unbothered by it.

I'm not here as a religious person and I'm not here to try to tell you made-up facts about masturbation that is supposed to deter you from doing it. I've masturbated my share of times and I'd venture to guess most males with a working penis have as well.

THE REASON YOU SHOULD STOP MASTURBATING IS BECAUSE YOU ARE SHORT-CIRCUITING YOUR BRAINS REWARD SYSTEM AND THUS HANDICAPPING YOUR PERFORMANCE IN MANY AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.

I'll tell you why.

For those of you who don't know what the brains reward system is or how it works I'll simplify it for you.

All humans have basic drives. Drives are what makes us do things. If we didn't have any drives we wouldn't do anything... and the world wouldn't be anything like what we know... the world couldn't function. Even animals have a reward system and drives.

For humans there are drives for food, water, sex, friendships, physical touch, discovery of the unknown and the feeling of importance.

The strongest and most life altering/effecting drives in humans are their sex drive and their desire to feel important. There have been many psychological studies proving this and if you think for a moment about why you do the things you do and say the things you say, you'll most likely realize they are based somewhere in these two drives.

Studies have also shown that huge numbers of mentally insane people have nothing physically wrong with their brain or psysiology, but rather, go insane to achieve the feeling of importance they are deprived of in the real world.

People wear certain clothing because they want to feel, or think, that they are important. People say things and do things to attract attention to themselves. People don't generally truely listen to anybody but themselves. People desire attention and the feeling of importance.

The other main drive humans have is the sex drive. The sex drive in animals makes them procreate and spread their seed to create the next generation. In humans, an un-altered sex drive would cause a man(when combined with the desire to be important) to get a job, get out on his own, be successful, create an environment that he thought would attract females, and select the mates of his choosing. If he wanted to marry his actions would reflect that goal. If he wanted to fvck as many chicks as he could than he would. He would have all his sexual energy and the desire to feel important directed towards his goals.... and he would succeed powerfully in whatever he put his hand to.

If any of you are familiar with drug and alcohol abuse you may also know that drug and alcohol abuse also short-circuits the brains reward center. THIS IS NOT PSEUDO-SCIENCE! This is actual physical chemical changes that take place in the brain. When something naturally takes place that is good, the brain releases a little seratonin to reward the person. When a person gets sex, eats, feels important, wins 20,000 bones etc. the receptors in his brain release this seratonin reward. The person, like any trained animal, naturally wants to keep pressing the reward button. If the reward system of the human has not been altered than the reward system builds a man up and helps him reach his goals.

The problem is that masturbation is a drug. Don't tell me its not because it has the same characteristics of every other drug. Sex is a drug. If used in the way nature intended then it won't harm you.

When you masturbate you are reaching for the pill instead of reaching for life. You are doing the same thing drug addicts and alcoholics do when they reach for the rolled up dollar bill or the bottle. Sure, it feels great at the time. Sure, it releaves the tension and helps you get to sleep. Whatever it may be. THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is that every time you masturbate you are doing a drug. The more you masturbate the more you are abusing the drug. The more you abuse the drug the more you alter your brains reward system in relation to the sex drive. AND when you alter your sex drive you alter everything that is based on your sex drive.

So, think for a second about all the things that sex would make a normal healthy male do. Think of what sex drives males to be. Then you'll know how much you are effecting yourself by masturbating.

Finally I'd like to say that as with any drug you can quit. Depending on your level of physical and psychological addiction you can probably quit. You will experience withdrawal and all that other drug stuff. If you are hard enough on yourself you might be able to restore your natural reward system, but think of how hard that is when you have the drug you are addicted to so readily available. It's hard. For a second, stop defending masturbation and just compare it to heroin, crank, or cocaine addiction. Do you think you'd have an easier time stopping masturbation or quitting hard drugs? I'd venture to guess, especially by the results of past masturbation challenges and such that many of us are addicted in just as strong of a way.

If you think you can manage your drug habit, by all means keep living that way. Some drug addicts can live with their habits. It's been said before though that any unhelpful habit should be disgarded.

It might be worth thinking about, but we all know how hard it is. When something that hard is to be overcome there must be a very high priority given to that thing in order for there to even be a chance. I guess I'm trying to show you a reason for quitting. Maybe it is great enough for you to want to. Maybe not.

The sad thing is, I realized one more similarity between hard drug abusers and all of us who masturbate.... telling them that they are fvcking up their reward center is the last thing they want to hear. Drug abusers are in denial. Drug abusers don't really give a sh!t if what they are doing is bad for them... so maybe it's all futile after all.

Last edited:

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The strongest and most life altering/effecting drives in humans are their sex drive and their desire to feel important.
Yeah, the desire to feel important is much stronger than food or water :rolleyes:

Dude - your theory is screwed up. I don't know about you, but the people I know don't function on the reward/action principle.

Those who do usually have no job, no career and live with their parents until they're 30.

Human relationships are much more complex...

Mastrubation is healthy.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ice Cold
Dude - your theory is screwed up. I don't know about you, but the people I know don't function on the reward/action principle.

Those who do usually have no job, no career and live with their parents until they're 30.
Another name for it is the Motivation/Reward principle. While I agree that Dekka's theory is very flawed, I strongly disagree with the argument that people don't function for rewards. Also, I very strongly disagree with the assertation that "Those who do usually have no job, no career and live with their parents until they're 30". This couldn't be further from the truth.

You go to work why? To get money. This is your reward. By what you're saying, Donald Trump and Bill Gates should both still have no career, job, and still be living with their parents. Both were highly motivated individuals who worked towards goals, and when they reached them, they were rewarded.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reward.action system isn't some sort of conscious thought of "If I do this, I achieve this", it's more of an underlying motivational stimulant. I've noticed that after I whack off, I feel a lot less motivated to do stuff. Masturbation also releases testosterone from your system. I heard somewhere here that no more than once every 5 days keeps ur testosterone at a decent level.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by [T]he ishop
Another name for it is the Motivation/Reward principle. While I agree that Dekka's theory is very flawed, I strongly disagree with the argument that people don't function for rewards. Also, I very strongly disagree with the assertation that "Those who do usually have no job, no career and live with their parents until they're 30". This couldn't be further from the truth.

You go to work why? To get money. This is your reward. By what you're saying, Donald Trump and Bill Gates should both still have no career, job, and still be living with their parents. Both were highly motivated individuals who worked towards goals, and when they reached them, they were rewarded.

....and they KEPT ON WORKING. Nice try at the theorizing business....but leave it to the pros ok? ok.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I unerstand what you are saying and I agree 100%.

There is a reward for every action we take.

But to succeed with long term goals, be it career, eductation or a course project, you have to sacrifice momentary rewards in order to achieve something in the future.

For example - if you want to be ready for work, you won't go out with your friends, but work overtime. You'll study something after your job. You won't stay up too late to be ready.

You are sacrificing small rewards which your organism's demands at the moment to be able to reach your goal. Successful people consciously override the desire to satisfy your drives in order to achieve their goals. I bet that bill gater was tired as hell when he was developing his first OS. Yet he ignored the drive to go to sleep or to stretch and distract himself from the job.

Dekka is confusing the drives with motivation. Bill Gates had a clear goal and was motivated, but he ignored the basic physiological drives.

Successful people also suppress their desire for feeling of importance. (which isn't a drive) You don't boast your importance in front of a boss... etc

Same in seduction. The basic physiological drive, when you see a hot chick is to bend her over and ram in up the ass. But if you do that, you're gonna get a rape charge. If you suggest to fukk with her verbally (this is what your drive demands) you won't get far either.

Even when you've actually seduced her and sleeping with her, you need to suppress your sexual drive in order to satisfy her.

So, the seduction (and life in society) demands the actual suppression of the physiological drives and the use of your intellect.

It's a known fact that it's easier to suppress your sex drive if you've jerked off recently.

Therefore, jerking off helps your game. Theorem is proven.

THE REASON YOU SHOULD STOP MASTURBATING IS BECAUSE YOU ARE SHORT-CIRCUITING YOUR BRAINS REWARD SYSTEM AND THUS HANDICAPPING YOUR PERFORMANCE IN MANY AREAS OF YOUR LIFE.
You're right - it's not pseudo science. There isn't a bit of science in it :D

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Need-2-B-Pimpin
The reward.action system isn't some sort of conscious thought of "If I do this, I achieve this", it's more of an underlying motivational stimulant. I've noticed that after I whack off, I feel a lot less motivated to do stuff. Masturbation also releases testosterone from your system. I heard somewhere here that no more than once every 5 days keeps ur testosterone at a decent level.
Wrong. Again.

"I heard somewhere" doesn't work

I read in a peer reviewed journal that mastrubation boasts testosterone levels significantly.

Abnigh9

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardless of the naysayers here, I still like the idea of not masturbating. It's hard to control and even at the age of 40, whereas if I'm not with a women, I have a desire to do it and make love to my hands when it's not writing. :D :p :eek:

But good thing I'm 40, my sex drive isn't as strong and I still get some of it.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i see some good points. i see some points id really love to use when defending the addiction... cuz thats what it is guys, an addiction.

just answer me one thing honestly. who is in control? if you can say you are in control with a straight face then i might believe you. no, the answer is, we're addicted to pushing the reward button.... and don't even try to give me bullsh!t like "it helps your game when you masturbate"... like you're really fooling me into thinking you masturbate to improve your game. really. common. :rolleyes:

how is masturbating different from any other drug? all the elements are exactly the same. it's no different than substance abuse. you are manipulating your seritonin to feel something that isn't happening. you're rewarding yourself. and true, the effects may not be that noticable, but if you aren't forcing yourself to have a chick get you off when you wanna get off then i would say you'd be getting a lot more poon if you weren't masturbating. just the pure fact that if you forced yourself to do it that way would make you meet more women.(think about how many times you are horny for crying out loud).

and to argue that humans are somehow different in their ability to rationalize their way around the reward system isn't very astute. humans are not much different than animals when presented with a button they can push to get a reward. they just feel the need to try and justify anything they happen to be doing at the time instead of taking a truely objective position.

there can be no blame game played though. i mean we were all born with a c0ck and anybody presented with a button they can push at will to get gratification cannot be fully expected not to push it. one way of looking at it is to say its perfectly natural to do it. that's my objective argument FOR masturbation. think about if a kids mother was on crack when she had her kid, then, to make it worse she gave her kid coke all the time and the kid always had a bag of coke on him. the chances of him not becoming a coke addict are pretty much zip. same goes for a c0ck i guess.

anyways, i guess im just wondering if it bothers any of you that you'd be hard pressed to stop at your will and convenience if you were to so choose. also, i wonder what would happen if you were all forced to get yourselves off with women and there was no such thing as masturbation. i wonder if you'd be getting out and getting laid more to satisfy that drive.

peace to all.

-J

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Saying you shouldn't masturbate is one thing( even though is healthy), but to compare it to drug abuse and addiction is ridiculous!

I would say that there aren't too many people that have a real problem with jerking off, only a few might. The ONLY thing I agree with is that less masturbation motivates you to go out and find a girl.

The thing is though, for those that don't masturbate at all, you will come across as desperate to women and over time you will be less horny if you aren't having sex on a regular basis. Your sex organs atrophy if you don't use them for a long period.

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh bad bad me! I compared masturbation to drug addiction! Tisk Tisk Tisk.

Look.

I masturbate. Who doesn't?

But my comparison of masturbation to drug addiction has a perfectly logical base bro. Why do you masturbate? Could you stop if you wanted to? ARE YOU ADDICTED TO IT?

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Thoroughbred
The thing is though, for those that don't masturbate at all, you will come across as desperate to women and over time you will be less horny if you aren't having sex on a regular basis. Your sex organs atrophy if you don't use them for a long period.
50 bucks says you can't say that from personal experience.

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It happens to a lot of people. If you don't get release for a while, you will start feeling very horny. What I said about the sex organs is true. I learned it in a class, the more sex you have the 'stronger' your genitals become.

The drug comparison was just bad. Meditation increases serotonin, but I would never compare it to drug use/addiction since it is completely different. You never hear of anyone being addicted to meditation.

LOOK, what I'm saying is that there are few people that are addicted to masturbation, and it is not something most guys should be concerned with.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get it...

Can you explain the correlation between non-mastrubation and "improving your game"

So you increase your serotonin levels temporarily. Then they go back to normal in about 15 mins and you see an HB.

How is the situation different from when you see the same HB with the same level of serotonin, but you didn't mastrubate?

What will change? Why do you think that you'll be able to lay the babe faster? Or do more approaches? Or berform better?

Please write with terms consistent with modern psych.

Thanks

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The drug comparison was just bad. Meditation increases serotonin, but I would never compare it to drug use/addiction since it is completely different. You never hear of anyone being addicted to meditation.
i wouldn't either... and actually i think my ex-girl was addicted to meditation and all that yoga stuff:rolleyes:

im not saying that because masturbation increases seritonin that makes it an addiction. im saying that because people are addicted to it makes it an addicton!

ive got this funny picture of you getting your rocks off by good breathing technique and the lotus postion :D

scary.

LOOK, what I'm saying is that there are few people that are addicted to masturbation, and it is not something most guys should be concerned with.
few people addicted to masturbation? please. but i agree with you mostly on the second part, i wouldn't be concerned. then again, i don't know how things would be different outside the box because i've never been there myself, and neither have you.

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dekka, so you honestly believe that a lot of men are addicted to masturbation? Were are you getting this idea? I've studied a lot of psychology, and never have I heard or found it to be this huge problem you think it is.

There are a lot of other addictions that are very common and this one is not. It is just not the same as being a lush or a heroine addict. That is different.

I have never heard of anyone losing their job or not being able to get a job because they just HAVE to jerk off constantly or getting arrested because they can't keep their hands of their ****s. Hey, maybe you just know a lot of men like that or something.

deeloo

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ you're stupid.. having an addiction just means you have to do it on a regular basis... most men cant last a week without masturbating.. thats what he means..

and dont say its required for everybody to masturbate.. cuz i know people who dont they are perfectly fine.

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Excuse me? An addiction and having to do something on a regular basis is not the same thing jackass.

That is like saying I'm an alcoholic because I have a habit of drinking 2 or 3 times a week. And, I never said it is required for someone to masturbate.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is awesome :D

Alright, lets hit this joint up.

Mastrubation is addictive.. but it isnt a drug you cant live without, that is what makes it so amusing. I can go "bottled up" and do it just becuase I AM BORED. yeah, that is the most common reason i do it usually, i want to get some pleasure, and i have nothing better to do at the moment.

I've heard many people talk about lifting weights/women/hobbies as a therapy...well, i lift, have sex, go out and play ball and still sometimes i just feel like doing it.

The point where it gets addicting is when you start connecting mastrubation with other things. I have a roommate, and for sometime i connected "My roommate is gone" with TIME TO HAVE FUN. SO then everytime my roommate would go somewhere, the first thought that would pop into my head was...you guessed it ! "Time to mastrubate"

I dont wanna know if its good or bad, all i know is that people keep saying "ITs perfectly natural and yet we still hide ourselves when we want to pleasure ourselves. People say its not addictive when i know guys who do it everyday.... So hell, who knows what it is...but i dont have a problem with it.

deeloo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excuse me? An addiction and having to do something on a regular basis is not the same thing jackass.
Originally posted by deeloo
most men cant last a week without masturbating..
read