- fitness class don’t have scarcity,
- but women in the classes have husbands and boyfriends
- the unattached women in the classes are not sociable
If a man didn't go to nightclubs and primarily socialized with women who were attending fitness classes, he would perceive the mating market somewhat differently. In very rare situations, it might be possible to hit on the female instructor of a fitness class. Most fitness class instructors are 20s/30s women with boyfriends and husbands. The higher percentage play is always to hit on the female class attendees as compared to the instructor. It's not bad to socialize with the class instructor in a situation when you don't have prospects in a given class, which can happen at times.
I don't think women's relationship status affects their sociability too much at fitness classes. More of the attached women I've likely approached at fitness classes over the years were more in the boyfriend stage than the husband stage. Most of the attached women at fitness classes aren't very sociable so a lot of the interactions with them have fizzled out for me prior to me knowing about their relationship. I can think of one instance where I was conversing with a woman at fitness class and she mentioned that she was living with a guy prior to me actually asking her out. Most of the time, I have found that women with boyfriends/husbands generally aren't sociable with men at fitness classes.
Since most people are in some sort of relationship at any given time, most random women that a man will approach in a fitness class will be in some sort of relationship.
The more problematic occurrences are when I have approached a woman who likely wasn't attached and she wasn't sociable enough for me to ask her out (I could have gone Mode One and asked out faster) or there wasn't good enough chemistry for even a 5 minute conversation. The biggest problem that I find with going Mode One is that there isn't enough screening to increase the probability of a good first date. I'm not only looking for first dates when I'm approaching, I'm also looking for first dates that are going to be solid prospects. A good 5-15 minute in-person conversation does increase the chance of a woman not flaking prior to the first date and also increases the chance of a first date that will create an interaction that isn't a "one date, no sex, no second date" type interaction.
So what non-bar methods can a man go to go meet single, decent looking, semi-educated, never divorced, never pregnant women who are looking to commit and have a baby?
Most never married, childless women are looking to commit and eventually have babies. It's rare to meet a woman who is childless and wants to stay childless forever. Even childless women age 35+ often want children. Some women in their mid to late 30s have accepted a likely outcome of not having children. Some 30s/early 40s women might be interested in adoption, though that's rarer to find.
It's probably best for men to do a variety of daygame type methods when doing daygame, provided that they don't have an existing social circle. The easiest way to get a girlfriend in the short to medium term is through a social circle. Over an extended period of time, a man might run his social circle dry of options and then have no other choice but to approach strangers, send social media DMs, or use swipe apps. The best option of those 3 is approaching strangers and the best way to approach strangers is by using non-bar methods.
According to the Wheat Waffles flowchart, my best option for my meeting women and having relationships is through daygame. I had been a primarily daygame guy long before watching the Wheat Waffles video, but it served as confirmation that the path I chose a long time ago was the correct path.
The following are standard daygame options for men. Most I have used most of these but not all....
1. Malls (both inside stores and in the common areas)
2. Grocery stores
3. Parks and walking/hiking paths
4. The beach and pool parties. Pool parties are often sausage fests. The best exception to this rule are the pool parties at Las Vegas Strip properties in the summer. Pool parties in your non-Las Vegas city at bars/restaurants with pools are more likely to be sausage fests. The beach is a good option but not realistic for men who don't live close to the beach. Men who are traveling to beach cities might be able to do beach pickup for one night stands, though the nightclubs in that beach city are likely better for that than daygame at the beach.
5. Randomly walking streets in cities with high foot traffic. This is more applicable in dense European, South American, and Asian cities, though this is possible a few US cities. This and parks/walking paths are probably the most difficult form of game.
7. Coffee shops
8. General gym floor (also very difficult due to earbuds)
9. Fitness classes
10. Other classes (dance, cooking, etc) -- This will generally be a waste of time. Cooking classes rarely have younger singles and dance classes are generally a loss leader. Dance classes can be useful for getting good at a style of dance and then going to nightlife venues featuring that style of dance. That's a very labor intensive method that I don't recommend. @Mike32ct
has mentioned some of his dance class experiences in other threads.
Co-ed sports leagues are another option, which isn't a pure daygame option. That's more of a hybrid model of weak social game with some nightlife venue element (after games, the players often go to a nearby bar). Co-ed sports leagues can be problematic for a lot of reasons, which I have covered in other threads before. Most of the standard daygame methods I've mentioned above can substitute for a co-ed sports league adequately if not better.