Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Are So Many People Single?

allancc3

Banned
Reaction score
I've lived in my current city for six years. I know the area pretty well and know lots of people.

I have to admit I am shocked by how many people remain single, some of them the entire time I've been in town. I can understand why unattractive people remain single. But I know quite a few attractive women who have been single for months or even years. It strikes me as very strange. Some lead men on for months on end. Others are in brief relationships off and on. Some seem relatively content being single and socializing with female friends. Others get wrapped up in school and/or work and don't seem to show much interest in meeting men.

There's also a subgroup of not so good looking guys who are like the ugly goofballs in night at the roxbury. They love the club/bar/party life (even if there isn't much of one), love going out, love socializing. They get thrilled at the thought of even talking to a girl or even bumping into a girl and think it's a 'score.' Just totally clueless guys who spam attend every social event and spam approach girls who just laugh at them.

What's strange is that the not so attractive singles never work on their appearance even though it's key to landing a partner. And the attractive singles seem to have low motivation to be in a relationship, and stay perpetually single. I find it strange, that's all.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know quite a few attractive women who have been single for months or even years. It strikes me as very strange.
They either haven't found a replacement for the first guy who made them feel deep attraction, or they've given up looking. A woman's physical appearance does not dictate her success in pair-bonding.

They get thrilled at the thought of even talking to a girl or even bumping into a girl and think it's a 'score.' Just totally clueless guys who spam attend every social event and spam approach girls who just laugh at them.
So? Are you out at those places getting phone numbers and dates? Never worry about other guys. Focus on yourself. If you're not out getting dates and phone numbers, then those guys that you're criticizing have a better chance at getting laid than you do.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What city do you live in? Rural Kansas is going to be different than urban NYC.

What age group are you speaking of?

Are you single?

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same reason why people are fat, in debt, or whatever else plagues our society. They either can't identify the problem or they are aware but aren't willing to change. It's that simple.

That and everyone isn't compatible with every person they meet.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smart guys don’t want kids to have to pay for with their ex. We also don’t mind being single and not tied down to bs. We will get in relationships here and there and they try to tie us down but nope. I don’t want to get married or have kids.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are so many people single?

-Fear
-Think the grass is greener
-Having too much fun
-Jaded
-Unresolved Issues from their past
-Commitment issues
-Lacking personal skills
-Unrealistic expectations

Serenity

Reaction score
There's also a subgroup of not so good looking guys who are like the ugly goofballs in night at the roxbury. They love the club/bar/party life (even if there isn't much of one), love going out, love socializing. They get thrilled at the thought of even talking to a girl or even bumping into a girl and think it's a 'score.' Just totally clueless guys who spam attend every social event and spam approach girls who just laugh at them.
Those guys used to be invisible to me, all I saw was guys dancing with girls and I envied them because I never got that. Then as I expanded my awareness of social interactions my view of that changed drastically. All of those guys try so fvcking hard and get nowhere with it, there's so many of them. Literally any club/bar/party I go to they're painfully obvious, I see what the women see and I totally get why is unattractive. Looks won't remedy that, plenty of guys shouldn't have much of a problem with looks, but when their game sucks it will quickly turn away women who gave them a chance on looks.

They look like dogs do when you're about to give them a treat. They're acting like they're inferior or put differently, put women on a pedestal.

It amuses me to watch these guys spend all that energy on a night out for nothing, but it's also kinda tragic.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those guys used to be invisible to me, all I saw was guys dancing with girls and I envied them because I never got that. Then as I expanded my awareness of social interactions my view of that changed drastically. All of those guys try so fvcking hard and get nowhere with it, there's so many of them. Literally any club/bar/party I go to they're painfully obvious, I see what the women see and I totally get why is unattractive. Looks won't remedy that, plenty of guys shouldn't have much of a problem with looks, but when their game sucks it will quickly turn away women who gave them a chance on looks.

They look like dogs do when you're about to give them a treat. They're acting like they're inferior or put differently, put women on a pedestal.

It amuses me to watch these guys spend all that energy on a night out for nothing, but it's also kinda tragic.
They’ll ****block you in a heartbeat too. Which is why when I’m in a bar or club I am the guy at the bar minding my own business or at the table with friends. Eventually women will come over because they want to know why we aren’t out there making fools of ourselves like those guys.

Serenity

Reaction score
They’ll ****block you in a heartbeat too.
Unsuccessfully too in my experience. Especially if I've had just a couple of minutes to talk to a woman, just so she knows I'm cool.

Which is why when I’m in a bar or club I am the guy at the bar minding my own business or at the table with friends. Eventually women will come over because they want to know why we aren’t out there making fools of ourselves like those guys.
This exact thing happened just last weekend. Almost the entire bar was dancing, not just the weird guys. I was one of the few who were sitting down while also not looking like I was out of it. I noticed her heading towards me in a very purposeful way, she sat down and immediately started asking questions. Basically cold approached me, no previous eye contact or anything. The fools dancing around trying to impress one woman after the next never get approached because they always act in unapproachable ways.

Honestly it's passive which is generally not a good strategy, but it does work. It's the subtleties that makes it work, there's many ways to "just sit and chill".

allancc3

Banned
Reaction score
To answer my own question, it's because an increasingly large percentage of both men and women are refusing to "settle."

Average and below average guys who remain single get stuck pursuing girls too far above their level of attractiveness. These guys become orbiters.

Women who remain single tend to get stuck either chasing "chad" (apex guy) or become emotional vampires feeding off their orbiters, or both.

Too many people have an inflated sense of their own attractiveness and wind up chasing way above their level and wind up in a rut. Everyone's being brainwashed into a communist doctrine of equality and the bogus assumption that everyone is equally beautiful ideology and it's distorting everyone's sense of self. Fortunately many people are humble and sober enough to overcome this insanity and actually do get married. But it's taking longer and longer for people to recalibrate and acknowledge reality. Some never do.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I am single for a very specific reason:

I am just as happy on my own than with someone. I am much happier on my own than being with the wrong someone.

I can have 4-5 dates a week if I wanted them. Instead I will choose to remain spinning my 3-4 girl rotations. If one of them is clearly a LTR candidate that compliments my life in the way that makes me a better person and also makes me a happier person, it would certainly have to be considered.

Until then I will continue my rotation, replacing one here and there if and when that becomes necessary.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
1. The abundance mindset gets taken to an extreme. Too many people think the gravy train runs forever.

Young women think that they will have their pick of Chadlites forever.

Young guys read too much redpill and think those 21 yo Staceys will still be available to them 20 years later*.

*They might be true for some guys, but the price will go way up lol.

2. People do (understandably) focus on their careers and get married or LTR-ed later in life. That’s ok, but there isn’t much of a “singles scene” for older people to meet.

Meeting people at work is taboo. While I fully support older people hitting the nightlife scene sometimes if they want to, there is the unspoken age shaming. And not everybody wants to feign interest in a dance/cooking/aerobics/underwater basket weaving class lol. So more established singles are forced to do OLD, another disaster. Need I say more lol?

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That pretty well sums it up, at least in America.

It is like any other interest that one can have in life. Sometimes a change of scenery is the best way to go.
Like when I was in HS, none of the girls would date the guys in our class. The girls had their little cliches, yet they were attached by their gender.
Out of 221 students that year, one couple emerged. They were kind of outsiders, so nobody cared.
What I did when I got my license (or was with older friends with driving privileges) I met up with gals from neighboring schools.
If you can't compete, you went where you could. So, really things don't change as much after we get older, just that the scope of area gets bigger.

And as Mike stated, meeting people at work is a whole ball park full of issues, infidelity and societal stupidity waiting, lmao!

I think our game can still be played, but we have to plan and react carefully and wisely. Took me quite a few years to learn that.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lived in my current city for six years. I know the area pretty well and know lots of people.

I have to admit I am shocked by how many people remain single, some of them the entire time I've been in town. I can understand why unattractive people remain single. But I know quite a few attractive women who have been single for months or even years. It strikes me as very strange. Some lead men on for months on end. Others are in brief relationships off and on. Some seem relatively content being single and socializing with female friends. Others get wrapped up in school and/or work and don't seem to show much interest in meeting men.

What's strange is that the not so attractive singles never work on their appearance even though it's key to landing a partner. And the attractive singles seem to have low motivation to be in a relationship, and stay perpetually single. I find it strange, that's all.

American society and the media has brainwashed women that they don't need a man. However, I doubt that these women want to stay single their whole lives and I'm sure that they have friends with benefits, b00ty calls or orbiters. Women's essence is to bond.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The economy is horrible...corrupt governments, banks...

Long term relationships are financially unsustainable, with all these reprobate leeches sucking the life out of you.

Divorce rate 50% = 'F' for fail.

Why give a fukk?

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I am single. I plate everything regardless of aesthetics and SMV top form.

I don't believe in monogamy.

Women stay single due to retardation and riding the carousel while attempting to optomise hypergamy. Little does she know, her piss poor attempt to compete with men in the male dominance hierarchy equates to cratered SMV.