Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When a woman confides in you?

Mystic

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a friend of yours tells you all about her sad past and confesses she hasnt told anyone this is that a sign she trusts in you and that trust could be taken to a relationship level, or is that the trust of a friend?

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... depends what she says.

"I have 11 toes." - Yep, she trusts you as a friend... your chances of turning her into a gf are declining.

"I've never felt about a guy this way before..." - Uhm... at least I like it when a girl is honest about her feelings. (Even though I've figured 'em out ages ago.) This is your cue to act.

But her sad past? Hmm... does she say anything about you? Cause if she's just seeking consolation, then it's bad.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It shows trust, but it's not necessarily a good sign that she wants your sex. Especially if she sees you as a shoulder to cry on about her terrible ex (that she still feels for) she will thank you for being a great guy then **** another bad boy instead.

By all means be sympathetic, and you will pass that test. But if you haven't done her yet (as you haven't), tread carefully and look for real signs of attraction from her (the way she looks at you, hair touching, etc) not just friendly gratitude.

Dante1a

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I think that certian women will use it for different reasons. There are many women who want to be taken care of and will have problems specifically to make the guy care for her. I think that's crap. lol

So what I do when a girl starts talking about her ex is I either say 'Well, that was then and this is now.." and move the conversation along. Another one I use is "Okay, lets blame your ex for everything on the count of 5...." Count to five then stare off into space with an angry look on your face..then "I'm over it now. Doesn't feel better?" She'll usually laugh. If she doesn't...run.

Just turn it into a funny thing like "He doesn't matter now..so shut up and enjoy the scenery" lol.

triumvirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman confides in you about her sad past it only means one thing: SHE DOESN'T VIEW YOU SEXUALLY! I wouldn't really listen to it too much, read: at all, because you are slipping further and further into the friend zone. Excuse yourself from having to hear about heavy subjects. Remember keep it light, keep it funny that is the way to relate to her.

On a side note, in a twist of irony, I think you should take all the advice here with a grain of salt. Some people here are in fact keyboard jockeys. The advice that they give is based on logic instead of psychologic and experience. They say what they think should work instead of what experience has told them will work.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IME, everytime I've been "trusted" I've endend up in friendship.

I got told about "my dad used to beat me".....etc...." "I got raped twice" never got on anyone who "trusted" me with that.

Really should meet some girls that havn't been abused....

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
trust isnt a bad thing, but if its too early on then i think you'll wind up victim of LJBF.

However when in relationships, trust is very important.

triumvirate

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what I do when a girl starts talking about her ex is I either say 'Well, that was then and this is now.." and move the conversation along. Another one I use is "Okay, lets blame your ex for everything on the count of 5...." Count to five then stare off into space with an angry look on your face..then "I'm over it now. Doesn't feel better?" She'll usually laugh. If she doesn't...run.
That's some good stuff right there. Great example of keeping it light and funny when she brings up heavy subjects.

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it, just try to keep it light or try to not take what she says seriously. Instead of worrying if "you're a friend or not" just be yourself, pay close attention to body language, and make a move to find out whether you're in the zone or not.

Reaction score
Trust your balls, your gut, your heart, whatever you call it.

Shut up and listen to it. Instinct is always right.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl starts confiding emotional crap in you without you first porking her, congratulations you are now one of her wannabe-gay friends.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
If a girl starts confiding emotional crap in you without you first porking her, congratulations you are now one of her wannabe-gay friends.
Or if you soon pork her after sitting through all her emotional crap then you'll never get rid of her.