Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's the ideal age to get married?

karmavsDogma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, let me preface this by saying that I already know marriage is pretty much the last thing on most guy's minds here. I didn't quite know where to put this topic, but I was interested in getting some opinions on this subject. Moderators, if you think this should go elsewhere, please move it accordingly.

I just watched "Serendipity", a cutesy, John Cusack-starring romantic comedy. And yes, I know that movies are basically bullsh*t when it comes to actual matters of the heart (and other major organs :) ). But I had a question after watching this movie, and having seen many like it. How old do I want to be before I get married (if at all)? I'm 25 now, and I like the idea of being married someday. I noticed that in this movie, the characters were all in their mid-30's and never-before-married. Now, this is very atypical of modern American culture (and yeah, this one's a little USA-centric, since that's where I live). Hell, by the time a guy's my age, he's usually been married at least once, and has a kid or two besides. Most of my friends my age are already married, or engaged, or divorced. Should I ever decide to get married, I'd rather be in my 30's. Many benefits to it, I feel. I'd be well established in my career, most likely be a home owner, etc. And I know it would be a challenge to find a woman who has taken care of herself into her 30's (i.e. no kids, no jealous former husband axe-murderers, retained physical beauty, emotional and mental stability, etc.), but if I were going to back down from challenges, I wouldn't be reading this site. It seems that most of the women I meet in my age range, however, have been married (or even still are), have kids, have all this baggage that, frankly, I'd rather not deal with. And I know that it will get worse as I get older.

Anyway, any thoughts as to when is the ideal age to get married? I'm putting my ideas out there and saying that I'd like to at least be considering it by the time I'm 32. Of course, I have to find the right woman first, which is where the real challenge lies.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 20 right now and would like to get married at 24. I know some of you will say how I should enjoy single life so save your breath. Anyways, I just think it would be cool to have a son when I'm still young and can play with him. So....

Marry at 24, **** for like 2-3 years, then have a kid. The younger you marry, the more guaranteed nightly ****s you'd have it seems.

mikezal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think 35 is a good age. I was having a conversation with my uncle who is 37, he just got married to g a girl whose 26, im 25 which is kinda weird. But, he gyst of the conversation was, do everythign you want do, get all the crazy **** out before you settle down, instead, of like alot of his freinds after they got married did.

Hobo13

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm 20 and I'm beginning to honestly think about it. I dunno, I guess it depends when you meet Mrs. Right. If you find the right chick I say go for it sooner rather than later. Ideally I'd say 25-26.

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
I promised myself I wouldn't get married til I was at least 25. Two friends of mine, both a bit older than me, got married young. One at 19, he divorced about a decade later because of some **** she apparently lied about the whole time, the other married in his early 20s and divorced 5 or 6 years later. Of course, they're both telling me to wait forever and a day to marry.

It really comes down to when you feel you're ready to settle down. Some guys are realistically ready in their mid-20s, some around 30, some later, some never. It also comes down to if you want kids and how active you want to be with them. I'd like to marry between the ages of 25 and 30 personally. Just what I'm thinking now, I'm 22 and in no mood to settle yet.

Driven

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does it have to be a certain age? Why not when you are ready, not before, not after?

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question is nearly impossible to answer it's almost a joke--but it doesn't go away if I simply dismiss it like that, so here goes....

I did have a co-worker mention to me that 20-something's like getting married because it was fashionable. I was 25 at the time and took exception to the comment. Now I see how true it was.

So, get married in your 20's and you can count on this--based on the statistics--as being your "starter marriage" (like a starter house which you trade up from...)

Really, though, look at 20-somethings and 30-somethings who get married and you'll find the majority of time that it isn't true love or the one or whatever, it's mostly some sense of compromise based on someone figuring this is the time to do and with them is a more-or-less acceptable candidate. So they do it.

Guys take part in this process, too, but for women it is HUGE. I heard a 5-year old girl the other day speculate where she would take her honeymoon...

Anyway, for the woman, she gets a ton of social validation from a LTR and marriage and will almost force the issue, regardless of the situation, at some point before her late 30s.

------my point, after all that, is be aware of the real issues going on before you commit to this path..

Sir_Chancealot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't want kids, don't ever get married.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? ;)

Don diego

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
25-26 for me, 19-20 for her.

Mr.Bates

Don Juan
Reaction score
90 is the optimal age.

By the time you decide to get divorced, it won't matter anymore.

'Till death do us part' becomes much less of a promise.

Don diego

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pas aussi francais que tu crois..

;)

Zossima

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe men shouldn't consider marriage before the age of 35 and women before the age of 30.

It seems that's about the time where you've experienced life and got a lot of things out of your system and are in a place to know that marriage is more than "love".

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When's the best age to get married?

The day you do not exercise, do not eat right and do not care about your career.

I.E. The day you want your libido to die.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn... there are a lot of cynical bastards on this site... ;) *chuckles*