Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's the age range (difference) do you feel most comfortable dating

Age difference do you feel most comfortable dating

• Older by 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same age

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 3-5 years younger

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • 6-10 years younger

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • 11-14 years younger

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 15-19 years younger

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 20+ years younger

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess this poll would pertain to any DJ aged 25 or older (perhaps a 25 year old prefers an 18 year old)

I am 44, I guess my ideal would 11-14 years younger. Anything 15+ younger just feels odd to me (societal shaming? )

I thought I have been getting looks from one girl at my gym (2X) but I swear, she could be right out of high school

I feel odd talking to any girl younger than 25.....lol

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once you have daughters it sets a bit of a hard lower age wall for a lot of us. I find the old rule of half your age plus 7 to be pretty accurate. It's not so much the age as the shared experiences. My experience is that younger women who are interested in us older men will be sure to let you know they are over a certain threshhold, like 30. Many times these women have had older fathers and could be from second marriages. They see their father's "Old Fashioned ways" and want to be treated the way they treated their mother.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once you have daughters it sets a bit of a hard lower age wall for a lot of us. I find the old rule of half your age plus 7 to be pretty accurate. It's not so much the age as the shared experiences. My experience is that younger women who are interested in us older men will be sure to let you know they are over a certain threshhold, like 30. Many times these women have had older fathers and could be from second marriages. They see their father's "Old Fashioned ways" and want to be treated the way they treated their mother.
I agree with the half your age plus 7 rule as well. 29 for me!

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
21+ up for me.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess this poll would pertain to any DJ aged 25 or older (perhaps a 25 year old prefers an 18 year old)

I am 44, I guess my ideal would 11-14 years younger. Anything 15+ younger just feels odd to me (societal shaming? )

I thought I have been getting looks from one girl at my gym (2X) but I swear, she could be right out of high school

I feel odd talking to any girl younger than 25.....lol
You can and should bang 15+ yr younger BUT 21 and over if you are adequately socially proofed and got the image, but I wouldn't be trying to "be with" one of em. Best dating is +/- 5 yrs.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm nearly 34. I'd prefer 18-23 but would settle for 24-28. Not going higher than that.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 57, and the traditional minimum of 'half your age plus 7' is a reasonable guide for me. That gives me a minimum age guideline of 35, and it tends to work out that I do best with women in late 30s, to mid 40s.
Current prime interest, who I'm seeing weekly, is 43 - so 14 years younger.

I did have a short-term weekends-only 'thing' when I was 54, with a woman of 29 - she wanted to carry things on, and kept saying 'age is just a number' but...
She had no kids yet, and worked at a crèche... Sooner or later she woulda wanted kids, and at 54 that was definitely NOT on my todo list.

As for the poll - I went 11-14... though that's too narrow a range for me - I would also include the 15-19 range if you could pick two.
That would work out at age 36 to 46, which is pretty much my usual 'target' age-range

Last edited:

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For strictly casual sex, I'd be perfectly fine with a girl as young as 20. If i'm going to actually date her.... I'd go for 24ish.

I'm currently 38 and my girlfriend is 8 years younger than me. If we were to break up, I would go right back down to 20ish. I STILL have Women as young as 19 hitting on me.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's anything beyond a consensual one-nighter, I prefer women around my age or a little older.

Let's face it. After you've shot your wad (if not a one-nighter) you'll still be sharing the same bed, in the same car, at the same restaurant table , drinking and talking outside on the patio etc...

Having mutual compatibly; which includes sharing similar frame of references is (personally speaking) more important than approval nods from male peers.

The last large age gap for me was when I was 32 and out with an 18 year old. I took her virginity after two months (she and I were together for about a year and a half). She was fun and had a lot of sexual energy, but i still sort of felt like that creepy old man. The funny part was when she and I would go out. Women my age would give me these evil glares. I admit to getting a kick out of that.

Last edited:

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's face it. After you've shot your wad (if not a one-nighter) you'll still be sharing the same bed, in the same car, at the same restaurant table , drinking and talking outside on the patio etc...

Having mutual compatibly; which includes sharing similar frame of references is (personally speaking) more important than approval nods from male peers.
This is why I tend to prefer women around 10-15 yrs younger...
I've been told many, many times that I 'look' mid-40s (Yeah, lucky b*****d - I know) - So if I'm out in public with a woman of late 30s to mid 40s the age difference doesn't appear as big as it really is.
But still not so young that we have major gaps in cultural frames of reference.

I'll do the one-night thing with younger women, or very short term, but guys are kidding themselves if they think a BIG age gap will realistically work for much longer than that.*

*(Rich guy -> Gold-digger notwithstanding)

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couldn't answer poll as "none" wasn't an option.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm already at the point where I try to date women younger than my niece. :eek: :eek: :eek:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 57, and the traditional minimum of 'half your age plus 7' is a reasonable guide for me. That gives me a minimum age guideline of 35, and it tends to work out that I do best with women in late 30s, to mid 40s.
Current prime interest, who I'm seeing weekly, is 43 - so 14 years younger.
While I am in good health, I don't see the point of dating a woman who is too old to have children. Now when I get to the point where my health is fading, I'll date an old broad to take care of me.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm already at the point where I try to date women younger than my niece. :eek: :eek: :eek:
When the older sister of one of my daughters classmates sat behind me at a basketball game and grabbed my shoulders and hugged me I did have impure thoughts, I'll admit. (Relax she was 22 at the time) But the fact that her parents are 10 years older than I and she was 22 years younger....The Math didn't work for me...

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For strictly casual sex, I'd be perfectly fine with a girl as young as 20. If i'm going to actually date her.... I'd go for 24ish.

I'm currently 38 and my girlfriend is 8 years younger than me. If we were to break up, I would go right back down to 20ish. I STILL have Women as young as 19 hitting on me.
It's great isn't it, the older we get....the more younger women pay attention to us (to a degree) Of course, you have to be in shape for it to work.

When I was early to mid 20s, most women my age didn't pay attention to me.

Why, when we are older? Is it a dominance, inner strength thing?

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When the older sister of one of my daughters classmates sat behind me at a basketball game and grabbed my shoulders and hugged me I did have impure thoughts, I'll admit.
Haha!
I've already hit on 2 of my daughter's friends and one of her workmates
(We need a 'slightly embarrassed' smiley - haha..)
For the record - Daughter is 34 - The two friends were 33 and 36, the workmate was 39 - Oh, and also the aunt of the 36 yr-old..... she was around 42/43.

The 3 yrs after I became single again, I did go a bit er-r-r-r-rm 'wild' - by my standards. :rofl:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I am in good health, I don't see the point of dating a woman who is too old to have children. Now when I get to the point where my health is fading, I'll date an old broad to take care of me.
Older one will certainly take care of you. Might make sense to have one in the stable.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 37, bang 21 but Im in shape and look nowhere near 37. Probably more like 30-32

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are falling into a mighty deep pitfall here: Age and Maturity have virtually no meaning past a certain point, we've all met 18 year olds who have their **** together more than 40 year olds.

Age means nothing beyond the law, it is a number, look past it.