Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What video games are you guys playing these days?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me mostly it’s Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I just bought Red Dead II but it won’t load. Looks like the latest update broke it. I wanna be a cowboy so I’ll wait till they fix it.

I wish someone would come up with a realistic gun controller. It would be great to practice shooting with moving targets. Actually, a system that you mount to your real firearm would be fantastic. I do dry fire training from time to time using a boresight laser, but being able to train in lifelike situations would be immensely useful.

What are you guys playing these days?

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I just bought Red Dead II but it won’t load. Looks like the latest update broke it. I wanna be a cowboy so I’ll wait till they fix it.

I wish someone would come up with a realistic gun controller. It would be great to practice shooting with moving targets. Actually, a system that you mount to your real firearm would be fantastic. I do dry fire training from time to time using a boresight laser, but being able to train in lifelike situations would be immensely useful.

What are you guys playing these days?
If you want guns, get the Occulus and then buy resident evil. It’s wild.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hadn’t thought of that. Would the Occulus work for someone who is extremely nearsighted? My range of clarity without glasses is about 4” to 8” from my eyeballs.

Thanks for the tip. I always did like that game.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not a video game guy. my last was Age of Empires which was crazy addictive. Years ago. More recently, Ref Dead Redemption. My ex- was into it so we played it. But nothing since.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I look back, I had more fun playing more graphically primitive games in the 90s than I do the current eye candy filled games.

I remember Hunt for Red October, which was just blips moving around representing subs and ships. The whole thing was about sneaking around, avoiding detection, and taking out a fleet of surface ships. It was actually pretty relaxing due to the slow pace.

Then there was the original Stealth Fighter. As primitive as could be, but huge fun threading through radar installations, delivering the ordnance and sneaking back to Bahrain to land.

I guess I prefer strategy and tactics over eye candy. I also play NASCAR Racing 2003 to this day. Way ahead of its time.

AH64 Apache was great too. Lots of tactics and strategy. And Falcon 3 and 4.

I definitely prefer controlling machines over people in games. Today the emphasis seems to be on flipping every single switch in a realistic c0ckpit at the expense of realistic AI. For me, starting up an A10 from cold and dark is no thrill. Then again, I do like starting up general aviation aircraft from cold & dark. Different thing I guess because it’s more reflective of real life. I’m not about to pilot an A10 anytime soon, but I can handle a Cessna and a Diamond.

I played through Bioshock Infinite which was kind of fun but had plenty of annoyances.

The Battlefield series is ok but it falls into the genre of shoot anything that moves. I probably haven’t immersed myself enough in it to appreciate the nuances. I wonder if I would like COD and Arma III.

Just rambling.

Last edited:

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not a video game guy. my last was Age of Empires which was crazy addictive. Years ago. More recently, Ref Dead Redemption. My ex- was into it so we played it. But nothing since.
Oh that’s right, it’s called RD Redemption. I misnamed it in my op.

I did enjoy Age of Empires. I remember getting tired of micromanaging the building of the cities. I preferred the warfare aspect.

I used to like Panzer General too. Turn-based, but fun once you got into it.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I started a few games like Hogwarts Legacy and Hi Fi Rush. I play Fall Guys around 3-5 times a week but only a little bit.

Mostly Im trying to catch up on Wii U Games as its agreat console that´s about to lose support. I got around to finishing the original Splatoon, started Xenoblade Chronicles X and trying to Finish Nintendo Land.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hadn’t thought of that. Would the Occulus work for someone who is extremely nearsighted? My range of clarity without glasses is about 4” to 8” from my eyeballs.

Thanks for the tip. I always did like that game.
I wish I had an answer for that. I’m going to err on the side of saying use contacts.
As for the game itself, it’s just a different level of awesome. You have to be careful, you’ll get completely immersed and lose track of time in there.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got XPlane set up on my computer with a yoke, pedals, and throttles. Just the physics of flying fascinates me, so I like messing with it from time to time. Originally I thought about Flight Simulator, but I wondered if my computer would do the graphics justice, and I've heard the planes in XPlane handle a bit more realistically. When I got XPlane, I fully intended to follow it up with Flight Simulator, but as of yet I haven't felt the need to or gotten around to it. The new simulators are amazing, with real time real world weather, traffic, and such. I like the idea of being able to fly over my own house.

As for Red Dead Redemption II, I have this on my PS4. I just didn't get into it like I thought I would. When I first went into town, I kept accidentally shooting someone. I may revisit it someday.

I rarely play such games anymore, honestly. I'll usually just play chess or I have an app on my phone for a very cool game called Freitag, which is German for Friday. It's a deckbuilding card game, the premise is you are Friday and are trying to teach Robinson Crusoe how to survive on the island, and then if he can defeat some pirates he can leave the island and you win. It's almost impossible to win at first, until you figure out which cards you need, and which cards you need to get rid of, and the most efficient way of doing that. Now I can win about half of the games, which might take about 15-20 minutes.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have XPlane 11, and I would agree that the flight models were slightly more realistic, but I think that msfs has at this point come pretty close, and perhaps even obtained parity.

Once you fly msfs, you can’t go back because the scenery is absolutely astounding. It’s a lot of fun to fly in familiar areas, which you mentioned. They also have loads of “Bush Trips” you can fly, where you take off from places all over the world and the flight plan calls for you to fly over all kinds of points of interests like natural formations, European castles, and such. You have to navigate pretty much by visual cues on the ground because your position is never shown. Along the way you stop at various airports to refuel and attempt to pick up the girl at the snack counter. ;)

My PC is a modest I5 with 16 GB of RAM, and a fairly advanced Nvidia video card. At least it was fairly advanced 3 years ago when I bought it. With that setup I can get excellent performance out of the sim. Im about to upgrade the RAM to 32 GB.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
War of Rights, Dead by Daylight, and Rocket League
PUBG is coming back in my rotation soon.
I plan to The Devil in Me by Dark Pictures soon.

My videogame hours are intentionally limited these days of course.
I do my gaming on a HP Omen laptop and an Xbox Series X. My laptop has an RTX 3070 mobile and AMD Ryzen 9. Seems to compete with the Series X in power in a laptop form.
I have an LG OLED CX. Excellent for gaming and watching movies. Of course that was the 2020 model. LG C2 is what you want now for a tv.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Football Manager on my laptop but I had to uninstall it, was eating into my time. I've played on and off for 20 years.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Haven't played much lately but when I did it was mainly either sports(Football/Hockey/Soccer/Baseball) or RPGs like Elderscrolls Series (Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind), Mass Effect, Witcher series, etc...

Also some simulations like Civ, Total War, Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, etc

All PC. So much more you can do on a PC than a console.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
All PC. So much more you can do on a PC than a console.
I have most consoles but never been much of a pc gamer. Thinking of buying a Steam Deck but I need to do a little research about what pc games are compatible with setam deck but not available on consoles to judge if its worth the buy.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What video games are you guys playing these days?
Battlefield One is my game drug, (Well most of the Battlefield series really), but I have uninstalled all games on my PC long time ago because I simply don't have time for it.
It is just one of these "pick your poison" kind of thing; e.g. get shyte done in real life, or get not much done playing games and being entertained. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like it though because its a fast paced game with loads of game options/game styles where you actually need to use your brain. :whistle:
You play against 32 other humans on the enemy team (64 players in all), so you need to be smart, fast and take quick decision on the go + team work with your fellow team mates.

Last edited:

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get clean underwear too from the store too...
Because you will be scared as hell and jump off the chair when that motherfking mutant jumps into your VR/pc monitor that you probably will skidrow your undies when you shyte yourself hard out of pure fear. ha ha :devil::lol::eek: