Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do when she asks for a break?

trav_trav

Don Juan
Reaction score
Check it out kats and kittens: me and my lady have been dating for nearly two years now and suddenly the girl says she needs a break some time if you will. She says she call me in a weeks tiime.
So riddle me this... whats a fella to do during this "off time?" Call her? leave her be?

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you want, I would leave her be for the week and go have as much fun as possible.
Honestly I hate to make you supicious but I would think she might have something lined up for the week and wants to try it out. How did the break come about:
a) was it fight you started,
b) was it a fight she started
c) did it just come out of nowhere
d) have you two been fighting alot lately.

if b) or c) I would guess she has been asked out and wants a free pass.
So you have a free pass for a week, go meet some ladies!!!!!!!

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Take her for her word.. I mean so many other woman out there to have fun with and meet. Next.. Until she realizes you are the bomb and comes crawling.. but even then... don't give it to her. Make her earn it. When a women says she needs a break, something is going on. Maybe she met someone, maybe she is testing you (who needs that!) maybe maybe.. I say again NEXT HER.. Until she get's it together. A women who is really into you won't say this unless she is a pycscho, control freak or has someone knew. You deserve better! Have fun!!!! Go out and get some:)

Clint Eastwood

Don Juan
Reaction score
Posted by tamales:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I say again NEXT HER.. Until she get's it together. A women who is really into you won't say this unless she is a pycscho, control freak or has someone knew. You deserve better! Have fun!!!! Go out and get some
-----------------------------------------

EXACTLY! If she says she needs "a break", you've been dumped. You just don't know it yet. Sorry to break your heart kid, but someone had to have the guts to do it.

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Clint! When she told you that she needed a break, you should have said to her "breaks are only temporarily, lets break up!" She will then probably be realli confused and asked you why. If she does be VAGUE in your answers, throw mix messages. But, if you realli care more about her than she cares for you, then I guess its hard for you to do it.

-----------
"Sex is usually the reason men fall in Love."

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teach her to be careful what she asks for...

Yes, this is not a good sign.

It's impossible to say for sure what's going on but this is definitely a bad sign.

If she askes for a week give her two. Be disciplined - agree with her that a break is needed and then DO NOT CALL HER. If she wants space/time give her MORE than she asks for. DO NOT argue with her about it, disagree with her, or otherwise pursue her - this will only serve to display your neediness and push her further away.

You need to start preparing yourself emotionally that the relationship could very well be over.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember that whole, "I need a break" line. The first time I heard it, I was really sad, and I did the complete opposite of what she asked for... you can imagine how well that went. Second time I got it, I was so mad that I just said, "I'll tell you what... if you want a break, then I'll give you a break... a permanent one... and then walked off." The look on her face was priceless. With that said, even when she does call you (which she invariably will... especially if you don't call her) tell her that you enjoyed your little break and that you think that you guys should extend it... this will definitely throw her for a loop.

Ahh... the things we have to resort to, to get women.

There is no spoon...

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With that said, even when she does call you (which she invariably will... especially if you don't call her) tell her that you enjoyed your little break and that you think that you guys should extend it... this will definitely throw her for a loop.
This is good! I'd do this if you want to attempt to keep her.

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had the whole break thing before...

My view...NEXT her

The worst thing you could do if you want to keep her....is contact her, saying things like how much you missed her and all that. If you want to keep her use the above advice by Shiftkey.

You can live without her.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you can just go crazy, tie her up, and hang her from a tree.

Aside from nexting her, I really liked HuuBinh's advice. Don't let yourself be tested... test her! The absolute worse thing you can do is let her play any mindgames. You don't need the insecurity, "Well, what if she's telling the truth? Or maybe this? And maybe that?"

First off, ask her why. If you don't like her answer, then say, "I think we should breakup." Hopefully, she asks, "Why?" in return. I hope you're creative. Come up with a good answer.

jnallen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Withdraw and let her come back to you. Even if it takes more time than expected. She will wonder what you are up too and be concerned.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been there, done that, bought the shirt.

I don't think I have ever seen a couple who have 'had a break' really get back on track.

Nearly two years and she doesn't want you around? Cr@p! She's just trying to work out if she can get by without you while still keeping a firm grip on your bollocks. Coz I guarantee that if you get with another girl during that week (or however long it turns out to be) she will go berzerk if she finds out.

Go back to her if you want, but personally I would call it a day and start looking elsewhere.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not under any circumstances call her. There is no chance that doing so will make things better, but there is a good chance that doing so will hurt your chances. I've been given the break line before, and realized that it was her trying to have her cake and eat it too. Don't give her the opportunity. She gets to do whatever she wants, while still having you on a leash waiting for her.

Your only hope is to flip it, and when the week is over, tell her you guys should extend it for another week. Don't be specific about what you've been doing, but just tell her you've been busy, and you think the time off was a good idea. This gives mystery and tells her that you don't need her and that she might have to do something to get YOU back. The only reason you won't follow this advice is if you think that doing so will cost you the relationship. What you have to realize is that the relationship is already in deep trouble. Either it'll end no matter what you do, you flip it and make it more to your liking, or you do whatever you can to please her and stay in an undesirable relationship. You don't want to be in a relationship where she has all the power and can call breaks, do whatever she wants, and then come back to you, while you try to please her harder being scared that you're close to losing her.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd utter in the same tone and fashion as the commercial, 'give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that kit kat bar.' And then not call her...Go meet others who don't need a break know what I mean^ Unless you're on her back she shouldn't be annoyed.

George Carlin: "If you're the type of person that needs your space, go the F()CK outside!"

Batman407

Don Juan
Reaction score
she needs a break because you've probably been all over her and really needy...

instead of giving her attention and then taking it away, you've just spoiled her with all of it... and now you don't know what to do without her...

she needs a break? give her a break! She says don't call for a week, don't call for two weeks.

oh yeah, and talk up other chicks

She's likely just going to hang out with her girlfriends and meet other guys during this break.... to be honest with you

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up Batman. The wicked streetz of ATL.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd let her go on her break and start doing some dating. Women are fickle with their decisions and if she wants to se what else is yout there then ther's no reason why you shouldn't have the option of doing the same. Since you've been dating for two years I would assume that she's thinking she can go out and see some other guy while you sit at home and watch sports with your bro's (Becaus she thinks she has you whipped and that's what whipped guys do), you need to show her that this is not the case and If she's gonna go out and do some extra socializing then you're going to do the same. If she can't handle that then it's time to NEXT her and part ways, she wasn't worth it and she's into those stupid games which you don't have time for.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ITS OVER MAN, SORRY

Your spell on her is broken. You have been dumped by a coward who can't just come out and say it.

Probably the only way you could possibly get her interest back is to start seeing someone new.

If she does crawl back, you have to REALLY make her work for it or else it will be doomed to fail.

thissucks003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Live it up bro! Have as much fun as humanly possible and when she calls, you decide if you really want to continue or not.

TS