Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do to keep your youth after age of 40

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I walk everyday 30 minutes
go to gym once a week at least.
Anything else can be done ? I try to play more sport but my lifestyle limit the available ours for such activities
Go to the gym everyday, walk once a week. Drink lots of water.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Spend as much time standing as you can...if you work a sedentary desk job get them to buy you a standing desk...in the US they virtually have to if you request it under federal law as it's a reasonable accommodation.

Sitting for long periods is incredibly bad for your body and you will notice big benefits to spending less time seated.

Also, climbing hills with a weighted vest should be on every guys list of things to do.

M

member160292

Invest in a good moisturizer for your skin. I go out fishing a lot and started to use some fairly priced collagen stuff. It made a lot of difference

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Invest in a good moisturizer for your skin. I go out fishing a lot and started to use some fairly priced collagen stuff. It made a lot of difference
Yep.

Moisturizer, sun and, collagen. I'd add a good facial cleaner as well.

One more thing I'm looking to add is daily swim+sauna sessions.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 42.. I lift 5 times a week, 3 times a week I am up at 330 am for a long (for me) run of 6-8 miles, two times a week I get up at 430 and do a HiIT session. I also play golf 3 times a week and walk the course when I do.

I eat as clean as possible and most importantly make sure I am optimizing my sleep. I am able to average 7 hours most weeknights and 8-9 on weekends. If my sleep is off that entire week of working out will be off .

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 42.. I lift 5 times a week, 3 times a week I am up at 330 am for a long (for me) run of 6-8 miles, two times a week I get up at 430 and do a HiIT session. I also play golf 3 times a week and walk the course when I do.

I eat as clean as possible and most importantly make sure I am optimizing my sleep. I am able to average 7 hours most weeknights and 8-9 on weekends. If my sleep is off that entire week of working out will be off .
Sure you do.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure you do.
Lol since May...

I’ve always lifted 5-6 days a week.... and usually did cardio for 45 minutes. This Sumer has been sort of my midlife crisis and I’m not going to lie... there have been weeks where I needed to recover. I’ve also struggled thru more leg tweaks than ever but My goal was to see if I could keep the level of activity that I had in my early 20’s. It’s not sustainable but definitely has increased my work capacity.

Ultimately the key to staying young is to move as much as you can and actually challenge yourself in your 40’s. It’s what you can do

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Anything else can be done ? I try to play more sport but my lifestyle limit the available ours for such activities
Get a testosterone level blood work, tell the Dr to do a Total Test and Free test blood work.

There is nothing better than having your test level like if you were 18 years old again, that's the true fountain of youth.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

since I hit late 30s I seem to now only need about 6 hours. I just wake up.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I exercise at least 4 hours a week and my waistline is still about the same as when I was 21, I've even gone down a hole on my belt loop.

Also, eating healthy is a huge part of it.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've started walking a lot, for the past few months. I try to average at least 10,000 steps per day, which is about 7km. Most I've done in a day was 30,000, which is over 20kms.

I've started lifting dumbells at home as well. Probably the fittest I've been, which I can only get even better. I just now need to curb or quit my only vice, alcohol.

dogsta

Don Juan
Reaction score
Usual stuff:

Exercise
Eat healthily
Drink water
Sleep
Trimmed haircut and beard (and tame the eyebrows!).
Only worry about the sheet you control.

I used to do a lot of cross-country cycling and play footy (soccer), but nowadays rather preserve my joints and now I just do walking and calisthenics/resistance training with some weights.

Prepare/cook 90% of my food. I am a bit sad though as I'll eat the same meals every day for weeks -- but that does mean I can batch cook and not worry about it, just reheat and done.

Care less will help keep you youthful, and of sound mind - to include: I don't own a TV (not that that is saying much), I don't follow the media, I don't follow social (I do like a bit of youtube, though). Keep things simple.

I know, I know. I sound really fun!

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
since I hit late 30s I seem to now only need about 6 hours. I just wake up.
I wish that, for me I still need 8 hours sleep a day 7 at night , 1 after work , otherwise I become sleepy and loose focus.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I exercise at least 4 hours a week and my waistline is still about the same as when I was 21, I've even gone down a hole on my belt loop.

Also, eating healthy is a huge part of it.
Good man , I am over weight and need to loose too much fat to get like I was in twenties

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Good man , I am over weight and need to loose too much fat to get like I was in twenties
What's stopping you from doing that? What's stopping from going to the gym 30 mins every other day to lift weights and do cardio? What's stopping from waking up 2 hours early on Sunday and prepare healthy food and put them into meal prep containers for the whole week?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing that really helped me when I started my fitness journey was to use a calorie/fitness tracker app. I just used the free one that comes with my samsung phone and it really opened my eyes about how many calories I was eating.

If you want to lose weight, the best thing you can do is go into a calorie deficit. The weight will come off.

Going as paleo as possible also helped me initially, although I never went full paleo because I'm not that masochistic. One of my coworkers went on a real full paleo diet to lose weight for her wedding and some of the stuff she was eating was disgusting. I no longer observe paleo at all, I just maintain weight at this point.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a testosterone level blood work, tell the Dr to do a Total Test and Free test blood work.

There is nothing better than having your test level like if you were 18 years old again, that's the true fountain of youth.
I heard it is only work if your Test level is low because of some illness but not because of age. have you tried it yourself ?