Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the Toughest sport in high school?

What is the Toughest Sport in High School?

• Baseball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Football

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Gymnastics

• Wrestling

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Track/Sprinting

• Cross Country

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Swimming

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • LaCrosse

• Tennis

• Ice Hockey

• Total voters

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am being biased here, but my answer is cross country and I even wrestled for one year. I did XC for two.

We don't run/job 3.1 miles, but you practically have to run at a pace a notch or two just below a sprint.
I remember every race feeling tired at about 1.5 miles and saying to myself, "this is torture, why am I doing this"? Your legs burn, your lungs burn, you feel so winded its like somebody punched you in the gut; but you can't stop until you reach that finish line! It was hell, but well worth it.

Oh and Yeah, the sport gets no respect, is misunderstood and nobody comes to the meets. LOL

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No fvcking vote for hockey? What kind list is this shvt?

This post belongs in anything else category. js

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cross country kinda dissipates when you get older replaced by marathons. Thought it was funny looking at the graph first and laughing at that one cross country guy.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No fvcking vote for hockey? What kind list is this shvt?

This post belongs in anything else category. js
I added ice hockey; I knew I forgot one. I put it here because this forum gets the most exposure.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fighting people whilst completely gassed is a crappy feeling too

Yes. I remember a high school wrestling match being called 'the longest six minutes of your life.' The only longer minutes of mine were mma rounds.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Water polo and gymnastic will get you rip like crazy . They both named "best body sport", gymnastic guy are strong like crazy

If you want friends, exercise: team sport

If you want exercise and "self growth": individual fighting sport.

All the above require mental/physical strength, deeping on the level you compète, curves get higher

For my personal choice: I would take Judo, if it was offered (you learn self-defense, discipline, it's quite physical and push you body/mental)

For the thread: Waterpolo for all: Team sport, Body Ripping, Cardio, Strengh, physically challenging, violent, muscle again, etc...

Last edited:

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrestling

If your question is "toughest" then it is obvious. Cross country, swimming, water polo, football all take conditioning, etc.

But wrestling takes conditioning of the whole body. You truly use ever muscle in wrestling. Wrestling is two men trying to impose their physical will on each other. You literally step into a ring and try to physically dominate the other person. You can inflict pain in a variety of legal ways.

True story- I watched 4 OkSt wrestlers beat up about 7 OkSt football players. A lot of elite wrestlers are mentally off. It takes a crazy person to be driven in wrestling, just like I believe a lot of SEALs are different mentally.

Combat sports = different level of toughness

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrestling.... not even close. I ran track, played football, and wrestled. You need strength, stamina, mental toughness, and discipline to wrestle. If that wasn't hard enough... I'll never forget the delicate balance you had to strike a balance against weight, and energy level. You would weigh in then spend the next hour hydrating and carb loading.

OJN_98

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion, wrestling, is one of the if not the toughest sport in high school.

The sport drains everything out of you, mentally and physically. Practices are grueling: a timed five mile run, heavy lift season, more cardio, intense calisthenics, and topped with live wrestling nonstop for an hour. This is an everyday thing too. But the sport is truly rewarding after you start winning matches. I'd know because I just finished my last season up about a month ago.

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Edit - the more I review this list...just LOL

Tennis, gymnastics? Wtf

If you ever meet an elite college wrestler, SEAL, MMA, etc. you will know in 2 minutes of casual conversation that their intensity level is not normal. These guys are crazy intense all the time.

I'm not talking about some chubby JV kid on your wrestling team, but the real guys competing for HS state champ, college, Olympic. These are some of the toughest men on the planet. Most elite tennis players will readily admit they work hard but wrestling is just a tougher sport.

You can legally squeeze the krap out of someone, slam them to the mat, crossface their nose off, slap them (called a head tap), kick them (called leg sweep), rub the hair off their head, dig my forehead into their temple, dig your chin into their bag, hit their ball (high crotch), etc, etc. Just look at a wrestlers face sometime and it will be all cuts, black eyes, etc. Wrestlers are so mentally tough that they any physical pain is unnoticed.

On top of extreme conditioning, you need to remember the mental toughness to make weight. You're talking about not eat for 3 days a week, sweating off 5+ lbs, and extremely limited fluid intake. Extreme fasting takes mental toughness unlike other sports. I spent my wrestling career Angry at everthing and everyone. We worked our asses off, were starved, and essentially spent our live in pain.

My coach is in the hall of fame and is psychotic. He encouraged everyone fist fight each other like a pack of animals. He loved us fighting out of school. He loved fighting other coaches. He loved cussing at us and and inflicting pain in creative ways. Read up on J Robinson or Dan Gable. They are heroes but Gable has a clear personality disorder.

I'm not sure how you define "tough" as all elite athletes train hard but we had countless football studs quit the wrestling team. And the ones who stayed were the toughest and known as wrestlers. In HS I could take the "toughest" gymnast/tennis/etc and make him quit in a few minutes, and I did it regularly. The ones who made it through the first day

For example a cage fighting pit bull, a competition frisbee dog, and a racing greyhound all train hard. But the pit bull being forced to fight to the death on the reg requires a diff level of intensity, toughness, and training. IMO, a champion pitbull is prob mentally unstable like I think most champion boxers, MMA, wrestlers, etc.

Tennis. I love tennis but that's like comparing golf to MMA. Comical!

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I voted swimming just because it's like track and cross country, but in water. But seriously though, the hardest sport is water polo. It literally is as intense as hockey, you wrestle with these fvckers in the water (people play dirty as **** and try to drown you so you gotta try and stay afloat to live), and you are in unnatural terrain (water). Plus, they can scratch, kick, and punch you too because the refs can't see good below the water. You can't scratch, kick, or punch in wrestling. And you can't grab someone's suit in wrestling either.

Just imagine wrestling someone in water when you can't touch the ground. Then put a ball and a goaly on the other side that you have to score on. Now add 5 more guys that you gotta wrestle. Now swim across the pool and try to score. On the plus side, you get 5 guys too, but you can't always rely on them. Sh!t was so hard to do man. Done with it now but I loved it. Now I just swim.

Last edited:

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Edit - the more I review this list...just LOL

Tennis, gymnastics? Wtf

If you ever meet an elite college wrestler, SEAL, MMA, etc. you will know in 2 minutes of casual conversation that their intensity level is not normal. These guys are crazy intense all the time.

I'm not talking about some chubby JV kid on your wrestling team, but the real guys competing for HS state champ, college, Olympic. These are some of the toughest men on the planet. Most elite tennis players will readily admit they work hard but wrestling is just a tougher sport.

You can legally squeeze the krap out of someone, slam them to the mat, crossface their nose off, slap them (called a head tap), kick them (called leg sweep), rub the hair off their head, dig my forehead into their temple, dig your chin into their bag, hit their ball (high crotch), etc, etc. Just look at a wrestlers face sometime and it will be all cuts, black eyes, etc. Wrestlers are so mentally tough that they any physical pain is unnoticed.

On top of extreme conditioning, you need to remember the mental toughness to make weight. You're talking about not eat for 3 days a week, sweating off 5+ lbs, and extremely limited fluid intake. Extreme fasting takes mental toughness unlike other sports. I spent my wrestling career Angry at everthing and everyone. We worked our asses off, were starved, and essentially spent our live in pain.

My coach is in the hall of fame and is psychotic. He encouraged everyone fist fight each other like a pack of animals. He loved us fighting out of school. He loved fighting other coaches. He loved cussing at us and and inflicting pain in creative ways. Read up on J Robinson or Dan Gable. They are heroes but Gable has a clear personality disorder.

I'm not sure how you define "tough" as all elite athletes train hard but we had countless football studs quit the wrestling team. And the ones who stayed were the toughest and known as wrestlers. In HS I could take the "toughest" gymnast/tennis/etc and make him quit in a few minutes, and I did it regularly. The ones who made it through the first day

For example a cage fighting pit bull, a competition frisbee dog, and a racing greyhound all train hard. But the pit bull being forced to fight to the death on the reg requires a diff level of intensity, toughness, and training. IMO, a champion pitbull is prob mentally unstable like I think most champion boxers, MMA, wrestlers, etc.

Tennis. I love tennis but that's like comparing golf to MMA. Comical!
As I said, I wrestled one year and although I sucked at it and only made it out of the first period once, I found CC practices and meets more grueling than wrestling.

At least in wrestling matches you get some rest (e.g, you go out of bounds, opponent is stalling, rest between periods)

Cross Country is maximum intensity for 16 to 22 minutes. No timeouts, water breaks or substitutions

logicallefty

Reaction score
I only played ice hockey. but from all the people I knew in nearly all other sports wrestling seemed like the toughest by far at my HS.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I added ice hockey; I knew I forgot one. I put it here because this forum gets the most exposure.
I went ahead and moved it to Anything Else but there will be a link in Don Juan Discussion for 5 days.