Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What height is considered tall for a man?

At what height does "Tall" begin for a man

• 5'11"

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • 6'0"

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • 6'1"

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 6'2"

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 5'11.5" barefoot and about 6'1" with shoes on. In my opinion, Tall starts at 5'11"

I live in NJ and I feel TALL. It seems most guys in NJ (75%) are between 5'7" and 5'10"

I also get the vide that short dudes (5'8 and below) automatically dislike us tall dudes due to Envy and our advantages (both real and imagined)

I was at a bar last night trying to order a drink and I noticed a couple short dudes being self conscious that I was in the presence of "their" woman. Perhaps it is in my head, but who knows.

Anyone else experience this?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'11 despite being above average in most countries is seeing as average...no one says "Im looking for my friend he is a tall guy" if you are below 6'1 nowadays.

It also depends on the country, I'm 5'11 too and while Im fine in most European countries I even fall below average above a certain latitude.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'11 despite being above average in most countries is seeing as average...no one says "Im looking for my friend he is a tall guy" if you are below 6'1 nowadays.

It also depends on the country, I'm 5'11 too and while Im fine in most European countries I even fall below average above a certain latitude.
True. I feel tall in the Northeast US since we have a high percentages of Hispanics, Asians and Italian-Americans.

However people are taller in the Midwest I think.

I know in Europe people in the Netherlands and Scandinavia are tall.

I also noticed from experience the Germans, Croats and Serbs seem to be tall as well.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im from the Balkans and im 6'3 barefoot. I think average height in south-east Europe is about 5' 11 or 5' 12

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool.

I know Croatia is a hard-core Catholic country as well. Alof of people in the states don't realize that. When they think of faithful Catholics in Europe, most people only think of Ireland and Poland. People seem to forget about Croatia.

The Cardinal of the Archdiocese of Chicago has Croatian origins. (Cardinal Cupich)

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool.

I know Croatia is a hard-core Catholic country as well. Alof of people in the states don't realize that. When they think of faithful Catholics in Europe, most people only think of Ireland and Poland. People seem to forget about Croatia.

The Cardinal of the Archdiocese of Chicago has Croatian origins. (Cardinal Cupich)
Yes mostly are catholics. Im muslim and there are also a lot of orthodox Serbs here. Its because Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia were once one country, a lot of mixed religions and nations can be found in all of those countries.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes mostly are catholics. Im muslim and there are also a lot of orthodox Serbs here. Its because Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia were once one country, a lot of mixed religions and nations can be found in all of those countries.
Yep, Yugoslavia.

Serenity

Reaction score
I know in Europe people in the Netherlands and Scandinavia are tall.
I'm 6'2" and scandinavian. That's considered tall. I'm taller than most men I walk past and I look over the heads of most people at concerts (except that one even taller dude who inevitably always blocks my view).

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" and scandinavian. That's considered tall. I'm taller than most men I walk past and I look over the heads of most people at concerts (except that one even taller dude who inevitably always blocks my view).
I remember years ago my friend and I were in the Harvard bookstore in Cambridge, Mass. There was a Scandinavian crew team in there and the shortest guy was 6'4".

Serenity

Reaction score
I remember years ago my friend and I were in the Harvard bookstore in Cambridge, Mass. There was a Scandinavian crew team in there and the shortest guy was 6'4".
Yeah, some guys over here are ridiculously tall, but 6'4" is definitely not the average. I think that's too tall to be considered generally attractive. I wouldn't want to be taller than I am, I bang my head into enough stuff as it is and it would make some sex positions even more challenging with women who are in general shorter than men.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, some guys over here are ridiculously tall, but 6'4" is definitely not the average. I think that's too tall to be considered generally attractive. I wouldn't want to be taller than I am, I bang my head into enough stuff as it is and it would make some sex positions even more challenging with women who are in general shorter than men.
True, I bet though if you polled 100 random dudes and asked them how tall they want to be/wished they were: They would all say 6'5"

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
You'd generally want to be abt 6" taller then the average height of women in ur location.

So even if she wears 2" heels, you'd still be 4" taller, which is just nice, anything more would look odd.

Women who stands at 5'11" or even 6 feet is an oddity even if it's in Europe/Sweden.

Even whilst based in Sweden, the vast majority of women I've come across is around 5'4" - 5'6".

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea there's a sub reddit who are insecure and hate being 6"4 and up.
Tall starts at 5"11 although that's the short end of tall,but the sweet spot. 5"10 is above average, 5"9 is average.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd generally want to be abt 6" taller then the average height of women in ur location.

So even if she wears 2" heels, you'd still be 4" taller, which is just nice, anything more would look odd.

Women who stands at 5'11" or even 6 feet is an oddity even if it's in Europe/Sweden.

Even whilst based in Sweden, the vast majority of women I've come across is around 5'4" - 5'6".
6 inches taller is way to much, women real height is without heels. Plus regular shoes add an inch or so to a man's height. So 4 inches is sufficient. Most women wear 3 inch heels

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
6 inches taller is way to much, women real height is without heels. Plus regular shoes add an inch or so to a man's height. So 4 inches is sufficient. Most women wear 3 inch heels
4" difference is also good.

I forgot to mention that 6" difference is the maximum, too much of a difference would look odd.