Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What does it REALLY mean when she asks how many girlfriends you've had?

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been seeing this girl over the past month and on our second date, just after our first kiss, she asks how many girlfriends I've had. I say "468" in a joking way and she laughs, and doesn't pursue the question. A few nights ago, on our third date, she asks about how many girlfriends I've had AGAIN, but this time she is relentless and won't give up until I really tell her. I eventually give in and say five (which is the truth). She tells me she's had three. At first she acts a little odd after I tell her, as if I've had to many girlfriends (Like I care what she thinks) and I tell her I'm six years older than her and tease her about being jealous until she laughs.
Questions: What does it mean when a girl asks how many girlfriends you've had? Does it mean she's interested enough in you to want and check on your past to see if you're relationship material? Or is she just prying? Or something else?
Also, did I do the right thing by being honest and telling her how many girlfriends I've had? I was at a loss on how to continue avoiding the question and also didn't want to lie or act like I didn't want to tell her. Let me know!!

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking into my crystal ball for what it truly means...............there it is .....I can almost see it ....................yes, yes........YES!!!! ........................oh....... I lost it.

Oh well, maybe someone else can help you

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It just means she was curious of how many relationships you've been in. That's it. There is no need to read into it that much. If you had said Zero she would of wondered why you can't get a girl and if you had said 20 she'd wonder why you can't keep a girl.

She was just curious man. Don't sweat it.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell her that you've already bedded 8 women. Then ask her: "Do you want to be number 9?" :D

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First date:
Her "how many gfs have u had?"
You "468"

Second date:
Her "so really how many gfs have u had?"
You "472"

Then proceed to make some ****y and funny about having a few girlfriends in the time between your first and second date with this chick :)

Could be funny !

cheers,
felony.

UNOWHO

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Helter Skelter
I'm looking into my crystal ball for what it truly means...............there it is .....I can almost see it ....................yes, yes........YES!!!! ........................oh....... I lost it.

Oh well, maybe someone else can help you
Helter, 2 posts off from the magic 500. MDJ-hood here SKelter comes.

-----------

By the way, the question means 2 things:
1. How experienced are you?
2. Will you cheat on me?

bonjove

Don Juan
Reaction score
Answering that question is like answering a woman when she askes you if she looks fat. No matter what you do or say it's always the wrong thing to do or say, so yeah I wouldn't sweat it..

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: So, how many gfs have you had?
You: Three times as much as you have had bfs!
Her: lol, but you don't know how many bfs I've had.
You: Doesn't matter. It's still three times as much
Her: lol, no really how many?
You: Okay how many bfs have you had?
Her: lol, 3
You: I've had 10 gfs.
Her: But you said it's three times as much?!
You: Oh, forgot to tell you. You have to add one.

At this point it shouldn't be an issue anymore, and you can change the convo to more fun stuff.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good come-back the first time, otr4, I liked that. You shouldn't've caved the 2nd time, though. She asks a 2nd time like that and you are on official notice that this is an ISSUE for her.

Challenge her on it.

"This is the 2nd time you've brought this up. What does it mean to you?"

Watch her try to deflect and dodge it.

"I'm just curious, it's not such a big deal, is it?"

I'd smile and say "you brought this up twice, and I can tell you mean something by this. So let's have it, this is an important point to you, what conclusion are you going to draw from it?"

She probably won't fess up and will dodge and try to wheedle the answer out of you anyway. You have an out, though--"if it doesn't mean much to you, then you won't mind if I don't answer, will you?" Then smile.

And then go with the "472 GFs" line--that was good, too.

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some funny responses on this one! But
seriously, Industry has it right.