Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your major regrets in life?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She does sound perfect. Was your dad a very High Value Man?
We are a working class family. My dad was a handsome badboy who drove a motorcycle and didn't take sh!t from anyone. My father's parents were both dead by 15 and when he was 9 his 22 year old brother was killed in Vietnam. My dad had legit rough edges and I believe my mother fell for the whole "domecticate a badboy thing"

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
M

member160292

What would you do differently?
I got into daytrading commodities and dumping everything except my emergency fund into leveraged ETF’s. Wish I had done it years sooner so I could ride it until the end of 2021. I halved my portfolio in December, had a gut feeling that valuations were crazy high and was decently happy with my returns.
I still daytrade commodities mainly /cl, but converted the leveraged equities into a more balanced portfolio, no more 3x gains….or losses haha

On a side note of investing. If you don’t have any major medical conditions, look into an HSA account if your company offers it. You get to contribute $3k and your employer contributes $600. Use your cash to pay for medical expenses. Invest all your contributions into whatever equities your HSA offers and let it sit. My thought is that I’m not seeing that money in 30 years anyways, why not let it ride.
The best part is all your gains aren’t taxed as long as you are retired and use it for medical expenses, which we will all have when we are growing old

My first ever investment in that HSA account was 40 shares of $SHOP when it was less than $100. Last time I checked it was years ago, but it was at like $1500. Probably worth half as much now though :p

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Same with my mom. She is turning 90 this year and still just as fiery. She didn’t take any sh!t and held down the fort while my dad worked. Those types of relationships seem to be rare these days. Now women don’t know how to boil water and have ridiculous demands. Your mom is your first experience with a woman, she sets the bar for every women after that.

Slag

Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to a four year university. Half the time and money was spent taking unnecessary general courses that have been of zero use to me. My career path took a different direction shortly after graduating, and the legitimate courses I took have been of little value to me as well. I was very introverted and socially inept during that time, and had an unreasonably negative view regarding alcohol consumption, so I missed out on the partying, too. A two year tech school program would have been much more beneficial.

QUOTE="The Duke, post: 3032853, member: 42239"]
Yes, I had one of those perfect moms and she did whatever was needed.
[/QUOTE]

Add me to the list, too. My Mom's sole purpose in life has been to be a devoted wife and mother. And now also, a devoted grandmother to my niece and nephews.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi All Kindz,
Early in life I had several golden Chalices offered to me that I let slip through my hands...My People were Scots,one branch of the Family went to Canada before WW1 and worked on the Canadian Pacific Railway,all except one of the Boys volunteered for the War,two died in the second battle of Ypres,the other one returned home....The smart one,a lifelong bachelor,having stayed behind in Canada,got in on the new craze of Automobiles,went from being a Mechanic/Used Car Dealer to having a string of Petrol Stations and a franchise for General Motors. When I was 17 and he was probably on his last legs,my Auntie in Scotland got a letter from him,asking about me and would I be interested in going over to help him with his business?....S'pose my people were clingy and negative,I had a Puppy love for a prety Girl and nothing happened...As he had no close Family,I would have become the anointed Nephew,rather sad that!
1966 found me working in Darwin,a very small frontier town in those days,about eight miles down the track was a small settlement called Winellie,I was offered an 8.5 Acre Farmlet there for 2.5 thousand pounds ($5.000)...I 'ummed and 'aared,asked Dad who,though talented in several areas was not a good businessman,what should I do?...Of course he urged caution....15 years later,that whole area was re-gazetted Commercial/Industrial,today it would be worth min$40 million...For a young Bloke there are several morals here!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Simply not trusting my gut instinct as much as I should have, because it has proven me wrong time and time again. But that's life for you, darling.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Waiting until a pandemic to get government money when I could have applied for welfare earlier (had blinders on that it even existed). Staying in Real Estate as a sole occupatuon for too long when it clearly was not the same like stable full time emoloyment.

alvinkels

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating a girl who wasn't my type and she broke up with me... the pain was too much. I considered dating because her interest level was high and she was very fragile... I didn't want to hurt her feelings but eventually she discarded me like a used tissue paper. I am never going to give any girl below 8 a chance again. What pains is that she has my type on sleeve she can brag about that she once date a guy who is ..... ( fill in the blanks).

I know a lot guys here can relate to this... dating a girl who would normally not go for and breaks up with you ... would love to hear from your stories.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By far, without a doubt, marrying a legitimately mentally disturbed woman. I love my kids, they are absolutely the best thing that ever happened. But dealing with her is the high price I had to pay for them. She’s probably going to take years off of my life. Her father has an endless bankroll to make my life miserable.

Redwood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By far, without a doubt, marrying a legitimately mentally disturbed woman. I love my kids, they are absolutely the best thing that ever happened. But dealing with her is the high price I had to pay for them. She’s probably going to take years off of my life. Her father has an endless bankroll to make my life miserable.
Yikes.

alvinkels

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry Bro...

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not playing a sport in high school . Still the cheapest way to get a college degree.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hanging out with the wrong friends remind me of robin williams last film when his son commit suicide. He comes to an epiphany that he doesn't need a lot of friends only the quality ones.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
Not getting into sports earlier and spending too much of my life partying. <-- This is just an answer to participate and add something but in reality, I don't regret a single thing because the reason why I'm living the dream is because of every mistake, misstep and action I've taken in the past.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not getting into sports earlier and spending too much of my life partying. <-- This is just an answer to participate and add something but in reality, I don't regret a single thing because the reason why I'm living the dream is because of every mistake, misstep and action I've taken in the past.
Similar here had a couple of questionable friends.