Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your major regrets in life?

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself. - Eleanor Roosevelt

I've always liked to talk with older people, and learn from their mistakes, maybe cause my dad impregnated my mom whe he was 40 and she was 30, I'm the youngest of two boys.

You hear stories from men when they're in their last breaths how the often are full of regrets. For people older than 40, what are you biggest regrets in life? What would you change if life gave you another opportunity and comeback to a given moment in your life?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely zero regrets here. I've always done the best I could and learned something from my mistakes which is why I regret nothing.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying an old house that basically needs everything to be redone. Every weekend and dime is spent updating or working on something. Been a 20+ year process. Instead of going out and enjoying life, I’m working. It was fun when I was younger but now seems like a burdensome chore. Luckily I learned skills growing up so I don’t get raped by contractors to do certain jobs. Another gripe is that my wife never helps. She just sits on her phone all weekend and uses the royal “we” to suggest things that need to get done. Started a bathroom remodel this weekend and she b!tched about having to remove HER things from the drawers which literally took 10 mins to do. My son and I worked about 6 hours after that tearing things out. I’m fortunate to own a house but only wish I had more play time and less work.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
This is gonna sound like Im trolling but I wish I spent more time playing video games. So many games out there, not enough free time to catch up on all of them. The backlog is real.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Racking up college debt.
Going into the wrong career for me right off the bat.
Not taking my next career serious until I was 26.
Putting on a lot of weight & muscle again, at 30, after separating my shoulder doing Brazilian fagjitsu.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Racking up college debt.
Going into the wrong career for me right off the bat.
Not taking my next career serious until I was 26.
Putting on a lot of weight & muscle again, at 30, after separating my shoulder doing Brazilian fagjitsu.
BJJ is horrendous for the body, I don't care what anyone says. There's also a really weird cultish vibe to many gyms as well that I don't really understand.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not investing when I was in my teens and early 20s. I wish I had worked more in my early to mid 20s and aggressively invested, I would have been a multi-millionaire by now. I honestly regret many of the social experiences I've had with trying to make friends, date women, etc. It could have just been bad luck, but I was wasting my time and energy on people that I really didn't need around. I spent 2017-2019 trying to build up a social circle, which I did, but by the end of 2020/early 2021 I had completely outgrown these individuals. This was time and energy that could have been better spent on my true goals.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to college
A lot of people today are opting out of college, which is a great thing. Millennials born in the 80s and 90s had this idea drilled into your head that you needed to go to college in order to be successful. What happened in many instances was racking up quite impressive amounts of student loan debt for a degree that may not have necessarily landed you a job, and maybe not even a good paying one. I think college in the right set of circumstances with the right person can be a great thing, it's just too easy to really screw up your life and waste a lot of time on it.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will sound bluepill, but I never found true love. I've had girlfriends before, but I never found the rare bird that was loyal or I could 100 percent trust. Being red pill aware is a blessing and a curse because you see everything through a different lense.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will sound bluepill, but I never found true love. I've had girlfriends before, but I never found the rare bird that was loyal or I could 100 percent trust. Being red pill aware is a blessing and a curse because you see everything through a different lense.
A lot of us didn't. You realized with your girlfriends that a long term, legal commitment wasn't going to end well for you. Not making the commitment is better than making the commitment and having a failed marriage. You could be proud of how realistic you are.\

A lot of people today are opting out of college, which is a great thing. Millennials born in the 80s and 90s had this idea drilled into your head that you needed to go to college in order to be successful. What happened in many instances was racking up quite impressive amounts of student loan debt for a degree that may not have necessarily landed you a job, and maybe not even a good paying one.
When the first half of the Boomers graduated high school in the late 1960s/early 1970s, it was possible to have a decent working life with a high school education. By the time the earliest Millennials were graduating high school in the early 2000s, a high school diploma meant a future of McJobs. Back in the late 1960s/early 1970s, high schools were far better academically than what they've been since the 1990s.

A lot of Millennials went to college as a result of a high school diploma not being worth much in the working world. I think it's been so unfortunate for the Millennials to have been pushed the college narrative. A lot of college is a waste of time and money. Trade school is a better route for most men. Trade school was also an option circa 1970 too, but the manufacturing jobs still available then didn't even require trade school.

I think it is great for men to opt out of college if they can find a more productive path.

Last edited:

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another gripe is that my wife never helps. She just sits on her phone all weekend and uses the royal “we” to suggest things that need to get done. Started a bathroom remodel this weekend and she b!tched about having to remove HER things from the drawers which literally took 10 mins to do. My son and I worked about 6 hours after that tearing things out. I’m fortunate to own a house but only wish I had more play time and less work.
haha, yep. I spent 2yrs building a house, barn, and shop on some virgin land. Did a lot of it myself. 12hr days, 6-7 days a week for 2 years. Heard that "WE" schitt a lot. There wasn't any "WE" about it. Once things started getting done, she wanted to change it.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha, yep. I spent 2yrs building a house, barn, and shop on some virgin land. Did a lot of it myself. 12hr days, 6-7 days a week for 2 years. Heard that "WE" schitt a lot. There wasn't any "WE" about it. Once things started getting done, she wanted to change it.
This was my experience living with women as well. A big problem for me is comparing women to my mother. My mother was a perfect wife: worked full time, cleaned, cooked everyday, and had unwavering loyalty to my father. These are qualities that simply don't exist in modern women.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
My mother was a perfect wife: worked full time, cleaned, cooked everyday, and had unwavering loyalty to my father.
She does sound perfect. Was your dad a very High Value Man?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was my experience living with women as well. A big problem for me is comparing women to my mother. My mother was a perfect wife: worked full time, cleaned, cooked everyday, and had unwavering loyalty to my father. These are qualities that simply don't exist in modern women.
She does sound perfect. Was your dad a very High Value Man?
This is something you would have found as incredibly common and the norm for marriages in older/pre baby boomer generations.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I had one of those perfect moms and she did whatever was needed. Those type of women don't exist anymore. My mom set the bar for my expectations, no wonder most of my live in girlfriends couldn't ever meet my standard.

Westminster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I had one of those perfect moms and she did whatever was needed. Those type of women don't exist anymore. My mom set the bar for my expectations, no wonder most of my live in girlfriends couldn't ever meet my standard.
Ditto.