Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Well-Being Checklist

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With so many expectations to raise our SMV/LMS sometimes we got caught up in the race to BE or BECOME "the best". Competition gives us anxiety in the workplace and in the dating field. Level the game by taking care of yourself first.

The well-being checklist goes along with my recent thread created on self-love. If we as DJs decide to grant a plate exclusivity, it should come from a place of mutual balance in respect and love. You can't learn to love or give love to someone else until you've given it to yourself consistently first.

Having plates or a main plate won't absolve any missing piece in our life. A DJ's dating life should be a compliment or an add on not a primary goal-state directive.

Without tending to our well-being, we can fall into the trap of people-pleasing or trying to win others over. That can create codependent outcomes that become divisive and destructive.

I'm not hitting these consistently, yet I'm making a conscious effort to take care of my well-being. So, what's on your well-being checklist?

I wrote down:

1. Daily devotional (I use an app called YouVersion) and prayer
2. Eat at least 3 healthy meals a day (I often skip breakfast in favor of coffee)
3. Grooming/Hygiene - Shower, trim beard, brush teeth, floss
4. Stay hydrated! Drink more water than I'm used to
5. Social: Reach out to essential relationships: friends/family or have quality time if I can w/them
6. Exercise (cardio, lift weights, kickboxing, swim, jog/run, or walk)
7. Mental: Do my homework for my online class(es)
8. Recreational: Play and practice the guitar
9. 5-15 minutes of deep breathing and/or meditation
10. Listen to soothing relaxing music before bed

Writing down a well-being list and doing your best to take care of your own needs first will help you from becoming too dependent on a main plate or plates for what you're not giving to yourself first. Put them in a place that you'll see frequently, so you can have daily checkpoints to see how you're taking care of yourself.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
or don't care too much?

just do waht you ahve to do, on't bother what others will think or do, not your problem, be teh best you can, better yourself each day, don't need to compare with others, compare with yourself, if you are better today you was yesterday you are already winning

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
While concentrating on details is all good and nice, I'd go further in, meaning self, deep down to the roots and work on that 1st.

I would recommend you find capable men whom you look up to and possibly emulate them in certain fields, a mentor;

1. Professionally - find men that could guide u in ur current field of work. Someone who's older, wiser and obviously higher up the ladder. My mentor at work showed me the ropes, warned me when I was doing badly, guided me through some challenges and basically made me a champ.

2. An older DJ mentor - Or someone whose much older that you basically know and whom by and large is respected as being a man's man. Imagine a 60 year old man passing down 6 decades worth of wisdom to you abt women, abt pretty much anything and how it's going 2 affect the way you think to ultimately change the way you do things. It's a powerful tool to hv at ur disposal.

3. Mentoring younger men/boys - This forces you 2 reflect on ur own traits, dares u 2 better urself, training ur leadership skills - sharpening it and it benefits all those learning from you.

Only after obtaining these then you'll truly see concrete changes in ur life and you'll hv immediate changes in ur sphere of influence - it will grow larger then you've could possibly forseen now.

logicallefty

Reaction score
The greatest change I have made in my life is taking full responsibility in my life while eliminating toxic influences and people. Your emotional health > everything else. Feeling genuine joy in ones life is everything. Don’t let anyone or anything take that away.
This^^^. And to add to the people part, get rid of toxic people and also stop giving any sh|ts or fvcks what anyone thinks of how you run your life. Once you stop giving any sh|ts or fvcks about what people think, it's a feeling of peace and happiness like you can not even imagine. It took me until my late 30s to get to that. I hope other younger DJs can get it much much sooner.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d to add to the people part, get rid of toxic people and also stop giving any sh|ts or fvcks what anyone thinks of how you run your life.
I agree that you should do what you think is right,but you should never shut yourself off from constructive criticism.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I agree that you should do what you think is right,but you should never shut yourself off from constructive criticism.
There is hardly such a thing as constructive criticism anymore, from anyone. It exists and may be valid from a select few of ones top most trustworthy friends and family. But coming from most people the 'criticism' isn't meant to help the receiver, it's buried deep deep deep inside the mind of the sender with a sole purose of passively agressively fullfilling an emotional agenda inside their head. The whole "I'll knock you down to make myself feel better" gig. That's what most people do.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My daily ritual:
1) Shower, oatmeal breakfast, youtube watch 2-3 vids keep up-to-date review stocks maybe
2) Work, hustle, interact with 30-40 people (meeting about 10-15 new people, everyone else are people I know)
3) Get home after maybe quick grocery shopping, take shower, make veggie smoothie - 2 to 3 glasses worth, eat salad or meat whatever, make fruit smoothie (about 2-3 glasses worth), eat dessert, all the while catching up on news, Read 3-4 chapters from 1 or 2 books. I rotate what I read from sci-fi to biography to history to business/real estate/finance books.

logicallefty

Reaction score
My ritual on many weekdays:
1) Up at 6:00am, shower, feed the dog, drive to day tech job about 35 minutes
2) Get to work around 7:00am, interact with some of the biggest tards on Earth, other than my boss and a few select coworkers
3) Check the stock market around 8:00am, look at charts, set alerts on possible swing plays. 8:30-9am sell stocks from yesterday.
4) Lunch usually from 12:30pm-1:45pm. I usually do 2 of the 3: gym, eat, nap. Once in a while I can pull off doing all 3.
5) 2-3pm, buy any stocks I want to swing overnight
6) Leave around 3:50pm, drive ~50 minutes to police job, put on uniform, bullsh|t with other officers until shift starts
7) Start shift at police job at 5:00pm. Work until around 11:00pm. Don't ever eat other than maybe a bag of peanuts or meat stick from a gas station.
8) Get home around 12:10am. Eat something quick, hopefully something left over that is still good. Let dog out and go straight to bed.

If I don't work my police job then I get my daughter at her mother's around 5:45pm, come home, cook a decent healthy dinner with her, and hang out with her until she gets bored of my company and goes in her room. Then I go in my room and watch Youtube educational stuff, pay bills, do laundry, whatever. As of late, I'v been seeing someone who works until about 11:00pm herself, so sometimes she comes over between 11-12 for a quick romping.

Could be a worse life I guess.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The greatest change I have made in my life is taking full responsibility in my life while eliminating toxic influences and people. Your emotional health > everything else. Feeling genuine joy in ones life is everything. Don’t let anyone or anything take that away.
Doing this has changed my life for the better. I removed all the toxic people in my life over the past couple years. Some that I even knew for 20 years. I felt the most painful bout of loneliness I never thought was possible. Made me realize just how many toxic people I had in my life and how much they were holding me back and causing me tons of unnecessary stress. While some days I feel like the loneliest man in the world, I can honestly say I finally feel in control of my life. I feel like the strongest version of my self as a result.