Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weak arms and construction

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WORK!!!
****ING!!!!
CONSTRUCTION!!!!!

Everyone tells me. I have tried it in day labor and nearly broke my shins several times.

What is the heaviest thing you need to lift in construction? What muscles should I work to prepare myself for it?

Billtx49

Reaction score
WORK!!!
****ING!!!!
CONSTRUCTION!!!!!

Everyone tells me. I have tried it in day labor and nearly broke my shins several times.

What is the heaviest thing you need to lift in construction? What muscles should I work to prepare myself for it?
Regarding construction your best preparation is acute situational awareness for your own safety. Don’t worry about the muscles they come as a result of the work if you’re well fed…
Your biggest concern should be your back and trying to lift something you’re not capable of doing without additional help.
Was a heavy construction welder in my early life.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding construction your best preparation is acute situational awareness for your own safety. Don’t worry about the muscles they come as a result of the work if you’re well fed…
Your biggest concern should be your back and trying to lift something you’re not capable of doing.
And what if the supervisor is yellin at me to do something insane, like jump out of a truck carrying a sleeper sofa?

Billtx49

Reaction score
And what if the supervisor is yellin at me to do something insane, like jump out of a truck carrying a sleeper sofa?
I fail to see what sleeper sofas have to do with construction…
Construction is about building something from usually heavy raw materials, furniture in a truck is about moving furniture…
BTw- most large trucks have tailgate step down plates built in…
Stop whining

Last edited:

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fail to see what sleeper sofas have to do with construction…
Construction is about building something from usually heavy raw materials, furniture in a truck is about moving furniture…
BTw- most large trucks have tailgate step down plates built in…
Stop whining
OK, I hate the concept because I don't think I am up to scratch to even do it.

My max bench is 230
I cant curl that much, like 120

What is the most absurd thing the foreman will have me do?

U

user43770

My max bench is 230

You'll probably have to blow him.

U

user43770

Construction isn't bad at your age. You work hard, make good money and sleep like a baby.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Construction isn't bad at your age. You work hard, make good money and sleep like a baby.
But you read my (general) lifts. Do you think I am up to scratch for it?

U

user43770

But you read my (general) lifts. Do you think I am up to scratch for it?
Lifting weights doesn't translate to construction very well. It does sometimes, but other times you're forced to work muscles that you normally wouldn't.

You get used to it pretty quick.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting weights doesn't translate to construction very well. It does sometimes, but other times you're forced to work muscles that you normally wouldn't.

You get used to it pretty quick.
Like, within weeks? How long?

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My max bench is 230

You'll be fine. If you are helping drywall you will want to work shoulders. Well, work shoulders if your doing a lot of overhead work.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WORK!!!
****ING!!!!
CONSTRUCTION!!!!!

My oldest brother has been doing commercial construction over 20 years. He works out doing squats, deadlifts, pullups, dips, overhead press, and pushups. He says the shoulder workouts reslly help with hanging drywall on celings. Deadlift helps with carrying heavy stuff.

My dad is in his late 60s. He still works construction. You can handle it.

Dancore

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to me that in construction the most important is strength. Although it depends on who you are at work. My friend and I started the replacement of my rooff . It turned out to be more difficult than we read on the Internet, but we are good at it. After the first day, I could barely raise my hands (we chose a metal roof and a metal sheet is rather hard to lift). But now we are accustomed. We work on weekends, we don't need to hurry. I believe that even if you are in bad shape, very soon during physical exertion you will easily do your work.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience you need alot more endurance than strenght.
Thing you got to watch for the most is your back always lift with legs and never go too fast.
Ive injured my lower back before lifting 120lb Jacks all day long i was lifting them too fast and n the wrong way.