Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wanted to see if OLD is as bad as eveeyone keeps saying. TLDR it isn't.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I decided to create a profile on POF just for fun and to see what would happen.

I have been out of the loop for quite a while with this and maybe things have changed since Ive been on there. Maybe the things I used to do and am advocating others go do stopped working at some point. Maybe the advice I am giving on OLD is "not with the times" anymore. What I found out is, nope, it still works jist the same as it always did for me.

Guys keep talking about how they message all these women and get no responses and how they never get any initial matches from women. So I decided to put up my "go to" profile in terms of what it says which is basically a funny breakdown of the different types of women on POF.

Pics are nothing special. No shirt off selfies, 2 selfies and 2 normal pics. I'm probably a 6.5 in straight looks. Yes I have a nice body but you can't really tell that with the pics I put up.

I did this around 10AM and shot off about 15 messages. Rules are they have to be at least a 7(obviously subjective) to send a message to. Short basic ones, nothing real fancy.

Its now 4:45pm here, I have gotten 7 responses from these messages, 8 "likes" and 4 new messages initiated by women. All of them thought my profile was extremely humorous and basically made it known they would love to meet up. I've also gotten 3 phone numbers already. I am not even in the zone that I used to be in where i basically had a cookie cutter system set up that got me 6-7 numbers any day i wanted to use it. This sh!t is so easy I cannot fathom how some guys have so mamy issues. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

So, the bottom line is the problem if you are not getting any results with OLD it is not OLD it is YOU...namely your profile probably sucks. Write a good profile and you will be swimming with women. Your pics are important but so is your profile. Women DO read it. Be interesting, be funny, stop taking that sh!t so serious and have fun with it.

This basically tells me not much has changed. I used to kill it on OLD a few years back and without a doubt in mind I would kill it today if I chose to go back to that life...

Last edited:

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even a clock is right twice a day. Let's see some sample profiles that you have found that worked. TBH, when you first start up a new profile on Match, Bumble, etc. you receive the most interest and attention. That dies down after a few days; usually. Some say, take down a profile for 30 days, and restart to reset the system and use an alternative service.

It's hit or miss.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I decided to create a profile on POF just for fun and to see what would happen.

I have been out of the loop for quite a while with this and maybe things have changed since Ive been on there. Maybe the things I used to do and am advocating others go do stopped working at some point. Maybe the advice I am giving on OLD is "not with the times" anymore. What I found out is, nope, it still works jist the same as it always did for me.

Guys keep talking about how they message all these women and get no responses and how they never get any initial matches from women. So I decided to put up my "go to" profile in terms of what it says which is basically a funny breakdown of the different types of women on POF.

Pics are nothing special. No shirt off selfies, 2 selfies and 2 normal pics. I'm probably a 6.5 in straight looks. Yes I have a nice body but you can't really tell that with the pics I put up.

I did this around 10AM and shot off about 15 messages. Rules are they have to be at least a 7(obviously subjective) to send a message to. Short basic ones, nothing real fancy.

Its now 4:45pm here, I have gotten 7 responses from these messages, 8 "likes" and 4 new messages initiated by women. All of them thought my profile was extremely humorous and basically made it known they would love to meet up. I've also gotten 3 phone numbers already. I am not even in the zone that I used to be in where i basically had a cookie cutter system set up that got me 6-7 numbers any day i wanted to use it. This an!t is so easy I cannot fathom how some guys have so mamy issues. Its like shooting fish in a barrel.

So, the bottom line is the problem if you are not getting any results with OLD it is not OLD it is YOU...namely your profile probably sucks. Write a good profile and you will be swimming with women. Your pics are important but so is your profile. Women DO read it. Be interesting, be funny, stop taking that sh!t so serious and have fun with it.

This basically tells me not much has changed. I used to kill it on OLD a few years back and without a doubt in mind I would kill it today if I chose to go back to that life...
Out of ten numbers how many become lays? And where you able to go straight to lays or you have to do one or two "dates"?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even a clock is right twice a day. Let's see some sample profiles that you have found that worked. TBH, when you first start up a new profile on Match, Bumble, etc. you receive the most interest and attention. That dies down after a few days; usually. Some say, take down a profile for 30 days, and restart to reset the system and use an alternative service.

It's hit or miss.
I never found the length of time mattered. I simply figured out a way to be really good at it. Here is my profile that is up right now:

"OK, through unscientific observation and trial and error, I have determined there are 6 types of women on POF. Here is my tongue in cheek breakdown of the types.

1) The Endless Messager: This type of woman enjoys messaging quite a bit. In fact, she probably enjoys it a little too much because all of this messaging with all of these different guysmeans she is not available to actually go on dates or meet in person. God forbid, she has to waste an hou or two actually talking to someone face to face! However, she has a contact list that would make some Instagram stars blush...

2) The Flaker: This type of woman used to be an Endless Messenger, but has stepped up her game slightly. She will actually go through the trouble of setting up dates with people only to be like Lucy with Charlie Brown and pull the proverbial football away before he kicks it, laughing as he flies up in the air and lands with a thud on his back in the mud. In the early stages, the Flaker will not be very good with their excuses and they will be so lame that you simply laugh out loud when they send it. However, as they gain more experience, the stories become pretty intricate and typically seem somewhat believable. As a guy you must not be fooled by this. Without an offer to reschedule, the reason doesn't really matter. As Randy Jackson would say on American Idol: "It's a 'No' from me, dog"...

3) The Ghoster: The Ghoster started out as a Flaker but then she turned to a life of crime, preying on desperate dudes who have no options. These sinister creatures set up dates and then at some point before the date cut off all communication. Many a weak man has fallen for this, sending desperate texts one after another all met with the same cold harsh silence, failing to realize that someone with such brazen disrespect for another person's time has deep seated character flaws and is not worth even talking to, let alone meeting. The Ghoster has a cruel laugh at a desperate man's expense as she reads the incoming texts and cackles with glee like the old witch in Cinderella after she has taken a bite of her wishing apple... muhahahahahahahahahaha!!!

4) The Upgrader: The Upgrader changes guys like the Kardashian's change hair colors. Everything seems to be going well and then out of nowhere she reverts to #2 or #3, meaning you got "upgraded". Never one to be happy with what she has, The Upgrader is always looking at what she DOESN'T have and how she can get it, not realizing she is trading in one set of "have nots" for a different set of "have nots". But hey, I guess this keeps things exciting!

5) The Crazy Psycho Stalker: The Crazy Psycho Stalker wants to get to know everything there is to know about you. All within the first month. She wants to skip the dating and fast forward to the wedding day. It starts out innocently enough, but before you know it she will want to spend every waking hour with you, know your whereabouts at all times and do random unexpected drive by's of your job and home to ensure you are where you say you are. The more experienced ones use your friends to find out information about where you are and then show up unannounced by "accident" an act like it was just a random occurrence---as if out of all the hundreds of bars or restaurants in the city, you just happened to be in the same place at the same time. Do not be fooled...while seemingly sweet an innocent, the repair bills for your car windshield, tires and the notes being left under your wiper blades soon offset that notion...

6) The Normal Woman: And finally we get to the Normal Woman...the type of woman I am looking for! If you have gotten to this section, I am hoping this is the category you fall into and you will be laughing so hard that you will realize you just HAVE to meet me in person and send me a message. Beware, I can be just as funny in person so you might get ab cramps from laughing too hard. I can also be quite sarcastic, charming and seductive(when the time calls for it). Ladies, you have been warned...proceed at your own risk!"

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of ten numbers how many become lays? And where you able to go straight to lays or you have to do one or two "dates"?
It depended...at one point i was getting so many numbers I didnt even have time to contact most of them. That was the point where I had 7 plates in rotation for a month or two until I felt my d!ck was going to fall off from banging so much.

I had gotten to the point where I was converting probably 70% of the numbers I actually texted into dates and then converting maybe 50% of those into lays...so that works out to what? 3-4 lays pee 10 numbers? That sounds about right. It didnt start like that tho...that took me about 4 months of constantly refining what i was doing to get to that point.

My point is, this is so easy that anyone should be able to get enough numbers and messsges that they can get laid within a 2 week period.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not familiar with POF, but try that on Match or Bumble. I have a feeling your #'s will not be the same. As for the elusive # 6, let me know when you find one. We need to study her and learn more how we can replicate it. I've had all the other 5. Wears thin after a bit.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depended...at one point i was getting so many numbers I didnt even have time to contact most of them. That was the point where I had 7 plates in rotation for a month or two until I felt my d!ck was going to fall off from banging so much.

I had gotten to the point where I was converting probably 70% of the numbers I actually texted into dates and then converting maybe 50% of those into lays...so that works out to what? 3-4 lays pee 10 numbers? That sounds about right. It didnt start like that tho...that took me about 4 months of constantly refining what i was doing to get to that point.

My point is, this is so easy that anyone should be able to get enough numbers and messsges that they can get laid within a 2 week period.
You can get those numbers on tinder?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about these "hookup" apps?
I still do not trust Tinder or POF due to high prob. of catching something. Proceed at your own risk.

Source:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/28/hookup-apps-stds-tinder-grindr
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/09/hookup-apps_n_6439162.html
http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/26/technology/rhode-island-tinder-stds/index.html
http://time.com/3898256/hookup-apps-rhode-islands-stds/

I know several people who've caught everything but HIV from them. Herpes is big due to the accessibility for easy oral.

I will also expand on my reasoning. I have a very high sex drive as well. Mainly because I have high testosterone. I cannot fathom going through the pain and agony of attempting to cure an STD or having to live with one and experience the frequent flare-ups just to get off. Again, I'm in my mid 40's so I try to reason before acting. If a woman was too easy, I would slow her down and prob. walk away. I did this last year to an easy HB8.5.

I've explained why I am so cautious about STDs with a woman I married who hid her HSV 1 & 2 infections from me and refused to take anti-virals. So, I took them as a preventative along with Lysine. I thank the grace of G-d that I do not have either. After six blood tests, no chance of me having it.

Now, yes, it's not that big of a deal. However, I do have a heart and I'd be very upset with myself if I knowingly passed it on to a woman (women experience much worse break-outs then men). Thus, I am extra-cautious.

10-15 years ago, it wasn't that bad as we weren't yet in a hookup culture. Nowadays, it really isn't that hard to get a woman to have sex with you.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always thought POF was easy, too. It's mostly lonely single moms who just want a little excitement, and don't expect you to spend money on them. Sex on the first date was typical. You're probably not going to meet a teenage virgin millionaire on POF, or whatever ridiculous expectations some guys have, but just getting laid is easy.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right... Yet reminds me of my mother with all the STD talk as a teen. Stop it Nancy! :rofl:
We can't all be as cool as you, macadamia nut. You live your life at your own peril, and I'll live mine. Just sharing my experience. It's worth exactly the amount of money you paid for it.. Nothing.