Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wanted to get some opinions about being a single dad.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 26, and I have a 7 year old daughter who I have full legal custody of and love to death. My last girlfriend (not my daughter's mom) had no problem with this fact, and her and my daughter got along famously. Long story short, things didn't work out after 3.5 years, and I wonder, what does the general population of ladies think about dating guys with a kid?

I love my daughter more than anything, and I would never so much as think about putting a girlfriend/fiance ahead of her. But the fact remains, I'm wondering how much I'm limiting myself in the dating world.

Thanks, gents.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you are limiting women to the criteria of "Is this some one I'd want to be around my very impressionable child?" There will be women who won't want to be involved with an "instant" family situation, and other women (like me) who will be very impressed that you have sole custody of your child.

Don't hide the fact you have a child. Let them know in the first few dates that you have custody and she comes first. This will quickly weed out the flakes, which are a potential pain in the a$$ anyway.

Some women will find it very sexy! You'll be able to snag every hot MILF in your town by flashing your daughter's school pic!

Just use your superior male logic and don't worry, you'll do fine!

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, I think your right, especially about weeding out the flakes. Most girls I know are pretty cool about this type of situation in their personal lives.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
havent you noticed most chicks your age that are single already have a child and are in the same shoes you are in?
i think its great you have custody of your daughter...
best of luck to you