Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trouble with tinder?

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m quite a good looking guy, good photos, and bio, but I honestly get very few matches in both bumble and tinder; 2 a week.. which makes no sense to me or friends..

Anyone else experiencing this?
I’m thinking messed up my ELO rating a couple years ago from swiping right on everything and experimenting with fake profiles for social experiments (lol) and now I’m hooped and only matching once or twice a week, but with unattractive women.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delete your profile and re-make it. Make a bio that says a little about you but it's short and simple. Swipe on girls you find attractive.

That's all there is to tinder. There's nothing special about it. As time goes on your profile gets less views. This is simply a marketing tactic from tinder... they want you to buy the gold so you can get the attention you were getting before. Don't take the bait. Your card just isn't getting put at the top of the deck as it was before.

Reshuffle by deleting and remaking. Or you can get gold for 2 weeks and email them within 2 weeks to get a refund. Look it up, I've done it. Just say gold wasn't what you expected and you'll get your money back.

But honestly probably the best route you can take is to stop expecting so much from tinder. It's just an exaggerated version of real life... and real life is a numbers game which varies based on you as an individual. But just go on... swipe until you're bored and log off. Don't expect any matches in the first place... if you get one, expect it to be an ugly chick. In the event an attractive girl matches... then cool, what a pleasant surprise, shoot her a few messages and set up the date.

It ain't magic, bruvvy.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No. You are probably better looking than me but I get tons of matches, dates and lays from OLD. I could probably go on 2 or 3 dates a day every day if the week if I wanted to and had the time to. Pretty much any day I want to I can go online and get 5-8 new numbers.

Not sure if there is some type of intangible "it" factor that is behind my success with OLD, but I certainly have "it" when it comes to meeting women via that method.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delete your profile and re-make it. Make a bio that says a little about you but it's short and simple. Swipe on girls you find attractive.

That's all there is to tinder. There's nothing special about it. As time goes on your profile gets less views. This is simply a marketing tactic from tinder... they want you to buy the gold so you can get the attention you were getting before. Don't take the bait. Your card just isn't getting put at the top of the deck as it was before.

Reshuffle by deleting and remaking. Or you can get gold for 2 weeks and email them within 2 weeks to get a refund. Look it up, I've done it. Just say gold wasn't what you expected and you'll get your money back.

But honestly probably the best route you can take is to stop expecting so much from tinder. It's just an exaggerated version of real life... and real life is a numbers game which varies based on you as an individual. But just go on... swipe until you're bored and log off. Don't expect any matches in the first place... if you get one, expect it to be an ugly chick. In the event an attractive girl matches... then cool, what a pleasant surprise, shoot her a few messages and set up the date.

It ain't magic, bruvvy.
But even without ones card going to the bottom of the deck, the average looking guy should get matches still. And more than 1 a week.
No. You are probably better looking than me but I get tons of matches, dates and lays from OLD. I could probably go on 2 or 3 dates a day every day if the week if I wanted to and had the time to. Pretty much any day I want to I can go online and get 5-8 new numbers.

Not sure if there is some type of intangible "it" factor that is behind my success with OLD, but I certainly have "it" when it comes to meeting women via that method.
Interesting. Have you ever had issues with tinder? Few matches, etc?

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But even without ones card going to the bottom of the deck, the average looking guy should get matches still. And more than 1 a week.
Who's to say? You want more matches per week. But the proof is in the pudding.. you aren't getting them. So what are you going to do to change that? You're assuming that 'the average guy' gets more matches than you're currently getting... but how do you know what the average guy gets? If I were to assume anything it's that the average guy isn't getting matches.

So just reset your profile and see what happens. I'd also stop swiping on women that you don't find attractive... so that you stop matching with women you don't find attractive. That's a simple fix to that.

Try Hinge as well. Last time I used it, women could like your profile and you can see who liked it without having to pay or to match with them. You can just let Hinge sit in the background and not put any effort into it (just see who swipes on you).

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Interesting. Have you ever had issues with tinder? Few matches, etc?
I've never bothered with Tinder. From what I have heard it's crap. Bumble and Hinge are my main ones now. OKC and POF I also have gotten numerous lays from.

Last edited:

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m quite a good looking guy, good photos, and bio, but I honestly get very few matches in both bumble and tinder; 2 a week.. which makes no sense to me or friends..

Anyone else experiencing this?
I’m thinking messed up my ELO rating a couple years ago from swiping right on everything and experimenting with fake profiles for social experiments (lol) and now I’m hooped and only matching once or twice a week, but with unattractive women.
Tinder is 100% photos, so my first question is; good photos, according to whom? A good photo in your eyes can be a left swipe for girls and a bad photo in your eyes can be intriguing and a right swipe. Try photofeeler or have a girl look at them to see if the photos really are good, not that i doubt them but you might be surprised.

Preferably you want photos taken of you in a natural setting, without sunglasses. One where you're doing a hobby, one with social proof, one where you're doing something cool/travel or have a pet around and then your main picture which should be a good clear view of your face. You want to show them you're an interesting guy with an interesting life. Girls build a story in their heads from what they see and then they ask themselves if they want to be a part of that, so give them many reasons to swipe right on you.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder is crap because there is like 70% guys and 25% gals and 5% or more spam bots or scammers. This will vary by region.

Coupled to that with many of the board members who are female of the Match group which owns POF, OKC, Tinder, Match that are hardcore feminists. They are always modifying their app to appeal to the female agenda and stealing desperate guys cash with app upgrades.

Generally with Tinder(as well as other apps), you will most likely be dating down 2-3 points down from that of real life.

Now adays, even if you piss off one of your matches, she can report you and either get you banned or shadow banned. Shadow banned is when your profile is hardly shown to everyone.

Also know that it's a popularity contest on Tinder and if you're not in the top 10%, you're profile will hardly be shown.

Tinder is also very dependent on how you look and what area you're in. For example, I get crazy matches when I'm on the west coast but get hardly any in the midwest.

I wouldn't put a lot of weight on it but merely use it as a supplement.

Hinge for me has been working better merely because there is a like/swipe limit unless you pay for premium. This reduces the
"Paradox of Choice" theory and allows less ADHD to occur. Plus they don't have the stupid algorithms that any of the Match Group apps have. My $.02

tinderS.jpg

Last edited:

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tinder is 100% photos, so my first question is; good photos, according to whom? A good photo in your eyes can be a left swipe for girls and a bad photo in your eyes can be intriguing and a right swipe. Try photofeeler or have a girl look at them to see if the photos really are good, not that i doubt them but you might be surprised.

Preferably you want photos taken of you in a natural setting, without sunglasses. One where you're doing a hobby, one with social proof, one where you're doing something cool/travel or have a pet around and then your main picture which should be a good clear view of your face. You want to show them you're an interesting guy with an interesting life. Girls build a story in their heads from what they see and then they ask themselves if they want to be a part of that, so give them many reasons to swipe right on you.
Good photos from people I’ve shown my profile/pictures to in real life, some being women.
My photos are clear, outside, or travelling.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what then after you meet her? Will the images on the screen line up with who you are as a man?
Clear outside and traveling?

A guy said today. It doesnt matter if you DONT knockdown a 100k a year just APPEAR that you do. Lol
These men are puzzy chasers and pedalstalizers and there end will be very bitter.
You are on a internet forum woe is meing over a profile?
How many women did you talk to face to face today?
Old or young?
Yea my photos match up with my lifestyle. Except travelling first obvious reasons, right now.
I’m def not ‘Woe is meing’ over the forum, just can’t figure it out, when I am in fact good looking and personality but it’s not being reflected via apps.

if I see a cute girl I’ll strike up a conversation. But it’s a bit skewed now too because of masks. I had a girlfriend for two years up until 3 weeks ago. So I’m fresh to the game again.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
LOLZ 5-8 huh anytime you want? Any day? Give me a fcking break man

Dude some of the best out there have before opened 100 girls a day and got like a 2 closes. Or less.
Those numbers your spitting out are not realistic.
If you are THAT much of an anomalies you should be making bank and not on SS.
No lie. I pretty much have a cookie cutter method I have followed for a while now and it works exceptionally well.

If they are sending 100 messages and only closing 2 they are doing something really wrong. Either their profile sucks, their pics suck or they have no messaging skills. Messaging skills are highly underrated, in all of this FYI. 80% of guys are boring and send lame messages, act desperate or too sexual too soon.
Then they wonder why they don't get responses.

Pics are important but other things DO matter. Something the "Its all about pics" crowd doesn't seem to get. Their results show it too.

Last edited:

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spend 6 months out there at parties and interacting and just going with it (your wants) and then compare them to this online thing you are in now.
I do agree things are different in the real world, but it would be better if tinder/bumble gave me some results. However, approaching in real life and all that Is a great skill/confidence builder

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try experimenting with Tinder and see what women react to by posting up a bunch of lies. Then work off of that.

Tinder and most dating apps are the bottom of the barrel though. Women who don't use tinder are less likely to be hoes, and by definition, they aren't on tinder.

The best way to get ahead in OLD apps is to lie.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you are questioning how attractive you are to women by some app who generically swipe people up. Tinder is a waste of time and is mostly used by lazy people or guys who are afraid to talk to girls in real life situations.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you are questioning how attractive you are to women by some app who generically swipe people up. Tinder is a waste of time and is mostly used by lazy people or guys who are afraid to talk to girls in real life situations.
@Kotaix
A lot of really attractive and quality women use tinder/bumble/online though. So its not like it’s just bottom of the barrel women on there. I think everyone uses it as a supplement to the real world of they’re single and looking.
also if a person isn’t garnering many likes on those apps, should they expect that they will have any sort of success face-to-face?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Try experimenting with Tinder and see what women react to by posting up a bunch of lies. Then work off of that.

Tinder and most dating apps are the bottom of the barrel though. Women who don't use tinder are less likely to be hoes, and by definition, they aren't on tinder.

The best way to get ahead in OLD apps is to lie.
Umm...if you need to do that then I feel sorry for you.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No lie. I pretty much have a cookie cutter method I have followed for a while now and it works exceptionally well.

If they are sending 100 messages and only closing 2 they are doing something really wrong. Either their profile sucks, their pics suck or they have no messaging skills. Messaging skills are highly underrated, in all of this FYI. 80% of guys are boring and send lame messages, act desperate or too sexual too soon.
Then they wonder why they don't get responses.

Pics are important but other things DO matter. Something the "Its all about pics" crowd doesn't seem to get. Their results show it too.
Interesting... a mod claiming he has all the answers but not offering the answer....

What's your goal here?

Why don't you just post your cookie cutter method and let flow be on about his day?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Interesting... a mod claiming he has all the answers but not offering the answer....

What's your goal here?

Why don't you just post your cookie cutter method and let flow be on about his day?
I've posted about it before...actually made a thread about it and went into pretty great detail. The search functionality on this forum is vastly underused.