Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tough guys...

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm improving myself and trying to change my demeanor in certain situations. I would like some advice on how to handle different scenarios with "tough guys."

I hate guys who act tough and like they are gangstas. I've described myself in a previous thread. Where I’m at they are mostly black guys with the baggy clothes, bandannas, platinum (sorry I mean plastic) chains, etc. walking around looking at everyone and trying to challenge guys with eye contact and try to start shyt. I’ll give you some scenarios and tell me how I should handle these:

Scenario 1: I’m walking through the mall, and on the opposite way, these “tough guys” are coming my way. Should I just look straight ahead? Sometimes I want to keep looking at these guys and watch their stupidity. When there is little room for all of us to get through, I usually wait for one of the people in his group to move his shoulder to give me space. I usually collide with one of these mofo’s, and have gotten in a couple of verbal arguments and almost in fights. I just don’t want to feel weak by “moving myself” for him. Should I just be submissive (a puzzy) and move my shoulder first?

Scenario 2: I’m eating my food at a restaurant, and these “tough guys” are staring at me and making jokes. I sit there knowing what they are doing by I try to play it cool and not look for a confrontation. Should I go up to them and ask them what is so funny, or be a bytch and let them disrespect me like that?

Scenario 3: I’m walking on the sidewalk, and these “tough guys” are approaching. Do you all give eye contact to these rascals and say “whazup man.” I tried that today, and they just ignored it. I hate these bastards. They think they are too good to say hello. What if they keep looking at you as they pass by? Should I say something or keep staring provoking a confrontation?

Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
well

sometimes i look straight ahead and give my meanest look and they usually move, or if they keep mugging i look right back, b/c some wannabe toughs wont do anything unless their homeboys are around....or i do give eye contact back, and keep looking till they either acknowledge me or look away....but these idiots aren't worth it, just ignore them, because they will get theirs

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Quick, what do you look like?

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm half hispanic and half indian. I have a moustache, small goatee, 5'8, 150 pounds, and people say I look like I'm ruthless. I don't try to be like that, just the way my face structure is.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
go here and find a school in BJJ close to you - www.bjj.org or www.defend.net and check out the BJJ message board. Find a school close to you.
6 months in BJJ and you won't have to worry about some niggas' messin with you. You will be layin down the smack down in no time. Good luck and train hard. I LOVE BJJ. Best thing I ever did, even more important than DJ'in and this site.

Its funny, but just like you come to realize how weak peoples game is once you have been to this site, you will also realize once you train BJJ how weak and untrained in fighting 99 percent of the population is. I have crushed and busted up a few paper gangsters and you will too.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly you are outnumbered. Workout, get buff - within half a year you'll feel less intimidated by these punks. Most important, you do not start a fight unless there is a reason besides pride.

masteralios

Don Juan
Reaction score
most of u guys who replied sound kinda racist

i've seen black guys who act tough as well as

white guys actin tough

and others tryna be all that

just ignore them and try workin on ur physique

cos they won't bother u with a bit of muscle and a bit of facial hair

Ian1983

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
6 months in BJJ and you won't have to worry about some niggas' messin with you. You will be layin down the smack down in no time.
unless theres a few of them, in which case having them in full mount and pummeling their face won't work for long and their mates kick you off :p

Triangulo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats true, you dont want to take the fight to the ground if there are more than 1. Ive been trainning BJJ for 2.5 years and that gave me tremendous confidence. However, im joining a muay thai class to deal with more opponents.
Heh, I have schooled a couple of thugs with my bjj... sooooo much fun.

Just ignore these hommies and only fight if you have to. Dont act like a tough guy, just go about your own business.

ps. Watch out for my triangle guys :D

rben69

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know the nod, use the nod.

When their looking at you, look back and nod your head slightly, its universal, you should know what im talking about.. I hope you do. Or just say "hows it going" or whatever, thats what I do.

On the other hand what you don't want to do is bring your head up another universal signal of a challenge.

I hope you know what Im talking about. It's hard to explain in writing.

-Ben

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
So for scenario 1, should I just move my shoulder instead of waiting for them to? Man, I feel like I'm submitting like a bytch or something.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Triangulo

ps. Watch out for my triangle guys :D
LOL forget your triangle, my cartwheel guard pass is unstoppable, LOL :p

quick, you need to start training. Ignore all this crap like "working on your look" stuff. Looking tuff and being tuff are two different worlds my friend. :D . i just gave you a goldmine of information, the BEST advise you have probably ever gotten, now its up to you. Are you man enough? ;)

Smoothflow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Act like your above them. They are just imitating what the media has shown them and since your a DJ you have no time for causing sh^t with these 'tough' 'boys'. They will sense your aura and leave you alone.

Walk this Way

Don Juan
Reaction score
Toss them a quarter as you walk by and say, "Hey, here's a quarter. Go ahead and buy a life!"

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Quickclicker
So for scenario 1, should I just move my shoulder instead of waiting for them to? Man, I feel like I'm submitting like a bytch or something.
WHO CARES

Seriously, if you are this worried about it then you are clearly worse off and less alpha than if you just did what you wanted to do without caring how they thought of you.

deeloo

Don Juan
Reaction score
is it just me or does BJJ look really gay when you do it.. I went to the posted site and I see 2 guys literally humping each other on the ground.. and most of the technique are done on the floor when two people aren't standing.. so what are you supposed to do when you ARE standing then?

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
It shouldn't really matter. These guys do that probably to get reactions out of other people. If you react to them "because they look/act tough" then you played into there hands and gave them the power. The best thing you can't do is to act like they don't exsist. If you don't let them scare you then they have no power. Often times if you pass the beginning phase and be layed back + funny you can be friends with these guys. They, and so will everyone else, instinctively know if you are cool/tough enough, if you are they are usally nice since those kinds of people are rare. People are nice to those whom they deem worthy. Be as masculine as you can be and you can get these guys respect.

So to get that you should work on become as masculine as possible mentally. That is usally all it takes, then you are one of the tough guys.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
go here and find a school in BJJ close to you - www.bjj.org or www.defend.net and check out the BJJ message board. Find a school close to you.
6 months in BJJ and you won't have to worry about some niggas' messin with you. You will be layin down the smack down in no time. Good luck and train hard. I LOVE BJJ. Best thing I ever did, even more important than DJ'in and this site.

Its funny, but just like you come to realize how weak peoples game is once you have been to this site, you will also realize once you train BJJ how weak and untrained in fighting 99 percent of the population is. I have crushed and busted up a few paper gangsters and you will too.
DUDE!!! HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU STARTED?!??! IM 15. IS THAT TOO LATE?!?!

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by deeloo
is it just me or does BJJ look really gay when you do it.. I went to the posted site and I see 2 guys literally humping each other on the ground.. and most of the technique are done on the floor when two people aren't standing.. so what are you supposed to do when you ARE standing then?
HOLY SH1T WTF ARE THEY DOING IN THE ANIMATED .GIF?!? LOOKS LIKE ONE GUY'S TRYIN TO BLOW THE OTHER ONE....OMG....ANYWAYS, same question as above.