Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Too good to be true?: Insecurity, suspicion, etc.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We all know how difficult meeting a quality woman has become, I've met tons of women in the last 5 years (online and cold approach), got some good lays but in general I can say it was a complete waste of time (and money). During the last 2-3 months, I've accepted the fact that dating has changed and I might stay single/no sex for a while. I try to be in peace with that, life goes on. I still approach women (when they are worth approaching) and browse OLD here and there, I meet some but it almost never works. I had lost hope.

Three weeks ago I sent a random message to a girl on Instagram, I thought she would never reply but she did. We've been talking everyday since and we have met twice. First date was amazing, second date was even better. We kissed each other on the second date. We still communicate everyday, everything goes well. I don't know her that much but so so far she ticks all the boxes:

-She 10 years younger (27)
-She doesn't care about my situation (I'm in my mid-30s, I decided to back to school and I live in a dorm)
-She works and she is independent, she lives alone, etc.
-She's generous
-She doesn't have children
-She is gorgeous, 100% my type (tall, skinny, blonde, blue eyes - model type), I'd rate her 8.5. Almost no makeup, natural.
-She doesn't expect me to pay for everything (sometimes I pay, sometimes she does). She can open the door by herself.
-She always texts back. I don't feel she is playing games.
-She has 4-5 little tattoos here and there, it's cute. I'm not a tattoo guy but I can live with that.
-I don't think she has had many boyfriends or high body count, but I'm not sure about this.
-She doesn't go out, but see her friends on weekend.

*The only minuses is that I think she uses Instagram too much, in a perfect world, the girl I would date wouldn't use instagram at ALL (good luck finding a girl who doesn't use instagram), and she smokes sometimes, I can't disqualify her for that. I try not to put her on a pedestal, but man, she is something.

The most important thing is that I realize that not only I'm attracted to her physically, but I like her personality and I have a crazy good time when I'm with her. She's fun, she has a great sense of humour, she's real, etc. We get along pretty well. I admit it, I like her, and I feel she likes me too. Nice.

The problem is that I can't help but to feel insecure, I control it well because I'm aware that I am, it doesn't show but the feeling is there and it's not pleasant, it grows as we move forward in the "relation". The insecurity is not about myself but about the fact that she can ghost me for no particular reason, or loose interest, or decide to go back to her ex. etc, at any time. I feel skeptical about her, I'm always thinking that it's too good to be true, like it's about to blow in my face and then I'll go back to case 1, and again I will have lost my time and I will be pissed off. With time I have become suspicious with women, I don't trust them. Since we have met, I feel like I'm always in a defensive position mentally, it's draining. My friend told me that only thing I can do is trust and go forward and see what happen without having any expectations, that's what I try to do but I find it difficult. So far no oneitis, (I've never had one really) but I think that if I let myself go, I can catch feeling for her and I would put myself in "precarious" situation emotionally and loose my precious balance.

From what I remember, when you start seeing a girl it's exciting and enjoyable, it makes you feel good, it gives you energy and confidence. But right now the feeling of uncertainty is ruining everything and I can't live in the present, I can't just sit back, relax and enjoy. I can't remember last I felt this way for a girl, it was a long time ago.

Some of us are going to bash me and drag me down I know: you're blue pilled, you're weak, you're this or that. I'm just a human, I like her and I feel good with her, just be happy for me. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother replying.

Any advice? How do you deal with that?

Cheers

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like the oneitis is well and truly kicking in despite your denial! I would say,dont overthink stuff. You say that she may ghost you,get bored etc but thats a two way street! You might do that to her eventually,despite how you feel now.Look there are no guarantees in anything in life is there,especially relationships with attractive girls..shes yours for the now, statistically unlikely you have found the lifelong partner but who knows...just enjoy it while it lasts.A good bit of advice is make sure,if they dump you and clear off,that you can still function and you aint left broken,easier said than done sometimes,but vital! Good luck sir

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Im happy for you bro but take it easy for a few months, see if you still feel the same way about her.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like the oneitis is well and truly kicking in despite your denial! I would say,dont overthink stuff. You say that she may ghost you,get bored etc but thats a two way street! You might do that to her eventually,despite how you feel now.Look there are no guarantees in anything in life is there,especially relationships with attractive girls..shes yours for the now, statistically unlikely you have found the lifelong partner but who knows...just enjoy it while it lasts.A good bit of advice is make sure,if they dump you and clear off,that you can still function and you aint left broken,easier said than done sometimes,but vital! Good luck sir
Thanks @Jor-El
She is not "mine" yet, we haven't slept together yet (even if we had...). I'm not thinking long term now, but at least I would like to have the chance to maybe think long term, if you know what I mean. Sounds like a oneitis to you, maybe we don't have the same definition of a oneitis, but yes I'm clearly interested in her, I can't deny that. If she dumps me I will be "ok" but it will piss me off for sure. no doubt about it!

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, it sounds like you met a decent woman! That’s great. But you gotta remember what you learned, and recall what is attractive for women. It’s probably hard with this ONE, but AWALT.

When you meet a woman who actually shares your personality and values, game doesn’t stop. Game continues in short chunks while you discuss common interests and joke around. So enjoy your time together, but don’t treat her like an angel. She’s a human with flaws like you. She’s probably self-conscious and anxious about her appearance, judging by her Instagram usage. Remember all of this and remember that even if you get with her there will still be problems. Channel what you’ve learned with girls and apply it to this one. All you can do is go for what you want. If it doesn’t work out, there’s millions of suitable women for you out there.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you've only met twice yet if she would ask you to marry her, by the sounds of it you'd have no hesitation in saying YES. :rolleyes:
You're doing everything wrong, I'm surprised about that, at your age and with your experience I would've expected better.
- putting her on a pedestal the size of Statue of Libery. check
- texting everyday. check
- making assumptions on little to no data (like for instance about her great personality or low body count). check

My advice would be to work on your self esteem (I know, easier said than done, no magic pill) ... that's the root cause of both your behaviour as described above and your insecurity about her ghosting you.

PS. I appreciate your honesty about this part, there are many guys who try to romanticize it:

I've met tons of women in the last 5 years (online and cold approach), got some good lays but in general I can say it was a complete waste of time (and money).

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you've only met twice yet if she would ask you to marry her, by the sounds of it you'd have no hesitation in saying YES. :rolleyes:
You're doing everything wrong, I'm surprised about that, at your age and with your experience I would've expected better.
- putting her on a pedestal the size of Statue of Libery. check
- texting everyday. check
- making assumptions on little to no data (like for instance about her great personality or low body count). check

My advice would be to work on your self esteem (I know, easier said than done, no magic pill) ... that's the root cause of both your behaviour as described above and your insecurity about her ghosting you.

PS. I appreciate your honesty about this part, there are many guys who try to romanticize it:
I really think she's nice, I compare her to all the girls I've met in the last 5 years, she is not the hottest but she is the nicest.
No I wouldn't marry her, I don't believe in marriage, but I would go exclusive pretty quick since dating has been a big waste of time lately.
WE text each other everyday, nothing wrong with that I think, I'm not a big texter but with her it just flows. Actually I find it cool to keep in touch with her, I'm interested in what she says and she has a great sense of humor. From my experience I've found that playing aloof and text only to set up dates doesn't work.
I THINK she has a low body count according to her culture and my experience with that specific culture. Maybe she doesn't, I don't know.

But yes I need to work on my self-esteem.
Thanks for your reply man

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple more things...some of the positives you listed, sound like an employer listing 'positives' of an employee...he comes to work, he doesn't destroy the place... :rolleyes:
I mean, things like she works, she doesn't have kids, she texts back...aren't these given and shouldn't even be mentioned?

Actually I find it cool to keep in touch with her, I'm interested in what she says and she has a great sense of humor.
The problem with texting is it builds false rapport...you don't see her face, body language, don't hear inflections of voice and so on...it's very sub-optimal communication. It has nothing to do with the fake alpha...pretending one is too busy to text, even though he's sitting around with a thumb up his ass :lol: ... it's about self respect and having standards.

Re body count, going just by the info you've given, the fact she smokes, has tats, is active on IG and hasn't got a boyfriend by age 27 suggests to me she's seen a few guys. :rolleyes:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Women are masters at picking up on insecurity. In fact they test for it in many ways where you don't even know it's a test.

Eventually if you are insecure you will fail enough of them that it will be over without any notice.

I'd suggest you work on that ASAP

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple more things...some of the positives you listed, sound like an employer listing 'positives' of an employee...he comes to work, he doesn't destroy the place... :rolleyes:
I mean, things like she works, she doesn't have kids, she texts back...aren't these given and shouldn't even be mentioned?

The problem with texting is it builds false rapport...you don't see her face, body language, don't hear inflections of voice and so on...it's very sub-optimal communication. It has nothing to do with the fake alpha...pretending one is too busy to text, even though he's sitting around with a thumb up his ass :lol: ... it's about self respect and having standards.

Re body count, going just by the info you've given, the fact she smokes, has tats, is active on IG and hasn't got a boyfriend by age 27 suggests to me she's seen a few guys. :rolleyes:
She is Russian man and former model, the fact that she works, live alone and pay her apartment by herself is unusual. Normally at at 27 she would sit at home all day taking care of her kids while her husband breaks his back at work to pay her new nails and lips every week.

We don't try to build rapport, we just enjoy texting each other.

She smokes sometimes, first date she smoked 3-4 cigarettes, second date she didn't smoke at all, she has 4-5 littles tattoos 4 of them are barely visible, she is active on IG (she post stories here and there) nothing crazy but for me it's already too active, but if we compare to other girls, she using instagram normally. Who said she hasn't got any boyfriend? I didn't say that, she probably had, actually she told me she had one, I didn't ask any questions.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not texting back right away.
Not giving an answer right away.
Telling you "I could never be with a guy who does x" knowing you don't do "x" and then seeing if you start doing it.

Tons of other examples.
I'm pretty tight so far but I don't to get too comfortable and drop my guard.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not texting back right away.
Not giving an answer right away.
Telling you "I could never be with a guy who does x" knowing you don't do "x" and then seeing if you start doing it.

Tons of other examples.
yes but these are rookie mistakes, come on.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who said she hasn't got any boyfriend? I didn't say that, she probably had, actually she told me she had one, I didn't ask any questions.
Whoaa, man this changes everything.
Jesus Christ, you're putting on a pedestal a hoe who goes around her boyfriend(s) back. With loyalty like that she wouldn't last 2 minutes in the Mafia :lol: (know this one from Doc Love, he was big on loyalty).

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoaa, man this changes everything.
Jesus Christ, you're putting on a pedestal a hoe who goes around her boyfriend(s) back. With loyalty like that she wouldn't last 2 minutes in the Mafia :lol: (know this one from Doc Love, he was big on loyalty).
Yeah she had one before, when? I don't know, but now she doesn't, she is single.
I feel some envy here.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im happy for you bro but take it easy for a few months, see if you still feel the same way about her.
Yes maybe I will find out that she is a psychopath, I wouldn't be surprised, I hope she is not.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Yeah she had one before, when? I don't know, but now she doesn't, she is single.
I feel some envy here.
@pipeman84 is not an envious person in my experience. I think he is just trying to look out for you.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just gonna throw this out there, @mikedee " back to school and I live in a dorm" pulling " tall, skinny, blonde, blue eyes - model type". My hat's off to you. I haven't been able to pull anything like that and I own my house and have a great career.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@mikedee glad you found a girl that's hot and you seem to vibe well with. But you need to tap the brakes. Your infatuation will cloud your vision.