Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

To all good body builders, does this look good? ( ive read the guide to bulking)

Wooby

Reaction score
hey guys, Im starting my bulking up and im here to share with you my progress and whats happening so you can provide some feed back.

Im a 5 foot 4 inches and weigh about 100 pounds. Im a skinny little mofo and im starting today at bulking. for breakfast i have 2 waffles, 2 glasses f roughly 14 ounces of milk. On the bus i eat half a peanut butter sandwich (whole wheat bread) In between periods i eat a nutrigrain bar (2 a day) at lunch I eat 2 VERY large tacos, that have some ground beef, beans, lettuce, cheese, salsa, with tortilla shells and green little circluar things (lol). Every other day i have a jamba juice which i get a (soy) protein boost of 9 grams. For dinner my meal usually consists of chicken which is about the same size as a 14 oz steak, with 1 glass of milk. On the off days of me not having a Jamba juice i have a milkshake which is 1 cup of milk, 4 scoops of vanilla icecream, 5-6 strawberries, and 1 whole banana.

Now if i buy some whey protein about how much should i take based on what im eating already. Im not going to use creatine because im only 14 1/2 and just doesnt seem logical even though ive heard its safe. I want to work on just my upper body as anything going into my legs would just be a waste of protein it seems. Right now im a skinny bastard and want to get some focus on my pecks, and my arms. My wrists are skinny little twigs so what is the best work out to build up my fore arm. Also, im on the ski team, which i have dryland practice every tuesday and I ski on thrusdays and Saturdays, so what would you guys reccomend for days that i should work out? thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by Wooby (edited 10-24-2002).]

K-Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Get some whey and use it post-workout or right when you get up. It's cool to use it at other times, but you want to take in more slow-releasing proteins like casein (in cottage cheese, milk, etc.) and regular animal proteins during the day and at night.

2. Creatine's fine for your age as it's totally safe unless you have some sort of weird kidney problems (possibly liver problems too, or so I've heard). It won't make you blow up, though, so don't think, if you do use it, that you're taking some miracle supplement.

3. WORK YOUR LEGS. Working legs is essential to bodybuilding and very essential for upper-body growth, whether you think so or not. Squats are one of the most intense exercises and, of all other exercises, all things being equal, make your body release the most growth hormone of anything else, which will make all of you grow (but keep you lean, mostly). As a guy I know says, "Squats work better than supplements."

Get some more protein in there. Maybe take in a can of tuna a day. That's like 30-40g of protein right there, and once you get good enough at it, you can eat a can in less than a minute.

Train hard, rest enough, eat enough, and you'll grow.

-Kow

Wooby

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, before reading your post i read somewhere else that legs ARE very important but thank you anyways! Any how, i just worked out yesterday night and after im done, I feel GREAT, like unbelieveably great. I feel much more energetic and even a bit roudy too. is that explainable or normal? well thanks for the help man! i feel like im addicted to going to the gym now, were as i used to be just playing video games. Another question I have is when a day or 2 has passed i stil feel very sore, but i worked out when i was sore. Is that a bad idea that is over training? or is it that i havent been lifting weights and my muscles are starting to actually be used? thanks in advance

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it is bad; you should not work out a sore muscle.

When you work out the muscle releases waste products in the form of lactic acid. That is the soreness you feel. You should give the muscles enough time to rest before stressing them again. For example, jogging when the leg muscles are sore from yesterdays squats is not recommended.

Stretching will help with the soreness, because you are in effect helping squeeze the lactic acid out of your muscles.

Only stretch when your body is warm. Do some light stretching after your warmup and most importantly after you are done lifting.

To save time you can concentrate your stretching mostly on the body parts you are going to work out.

Wooby

Reaction score
Jvesti, where can i find these, at a GNC store? Also, what flavor would you reccomend.

Thanks xyzzy for the help, in about a week I can already see my body changing a bit!

Oh, also, the whey protein i have tastes HORRIBLE, i gag on it when i drink it. So far I've mixed it with a glass of milk (DONT DO THIS) and that was just unholy. Next after that i put it into 8 ounces of OJ and some crushed ice and that was, still very nasty, but improving in taste. Next im just gonna pop it in my normal milkshake which is 5 strawberries, a banna, and icecream and milk. hope fully the taste will go unnoticed.

[This message has been edited by Wooby (edited 10-27-2002).]

Jvesti123

Don Juan
Reaction score
any healthfood store they come in boxes or sold as singles. the boxes are usually hid away so you got to ask the salesperson to lead you to them if you don't see them.

All flavors are awesome chocolate chip and cookies and creme are my fav