Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips to lose weight easily

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it works because you use fat for energy rather than carbs/glucose, it's that simple. I don't drink milk, I only have dry aged cheeses and the best meat/fish/protein. No bacon or deli meat crap.
Yeah, it is simply suboptimal. Your body, particularly the brain and muscles, want glucose. Low carb diets certainly accomplish the goal of weight loss. It’s just a suboptimal plan long term for nourishing the body.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost just as much weight doing keto diet as the standard bodybuilding diet.... Keto is only good if one doesn't care about building muscle after the fat loss.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost just as much weight doing keto diet as the standard bodybuilding diet.... Keto is only good if one doesn't care about building muscle after the fat loss.
There is no physiological reason to go <100g of carbs per day. The problem is not carbs, it’s that people eat too many shvt carbs and too many relative to their activity level.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no physiological reason to go <100g of carbs per day. The problem is not carbs, it’s that people eat too many shvt carbs and too many relative to their activity level.
I agree with you.. Just noting that being in Ketosis works for fat loss.. Though it's sub-optimal for muscle building.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue of The SoSuave Newsletter is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few. Not the unwashed masses.

If you know you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – then skip this. It is not for you.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it the Ketosis or the fact that it is just physically hard for people to eat 3,000+ calories per day from only meat and vegetables?
If one is trying to lose fat, why would they eat 3000+ calories to begin with? Ketosis burns fat as an energy source. Yes, it's the body physiological ketosis mechanism that's working for fat loss. Though, as I stated, one could do it with a simple body building diet as well. While also being able to build muscle when they change goals... For the record, I don't recommend the keto diet...

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If one is trying to lose fat, why would they eat 3000+ calories to begin with?
That’s about the basal rate for a physically active, young adult male. Point is not the 3,000 calories, it’s how it is damn near impossible for most people to reach energy expenditure eating only meat and vegetables.

For example, if you go chicken and broccoli, one would have to eat at least 4-5 lbs of chicken breasts (and unlimited broccoli) to reach that calorie mark. Since you can’t eat that much, weight loss is inevitable. Unfortunately, these bodybuilder cutting gimmicks are hardly healthy.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, it is simply suboptimal. Your body, particularly the brain and muscles, want glucose. Low carb diets certainly accomplish the goal of weight loss. It’s just a suboptimal plan long term for nourishing the body.
Actually fat is great for the brain, studies show;

Patients with major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia improved substantially on a ketogenic diet. Studies conducted on the use of the ketogenic diet in seizure disorders, for example, tend to show that a good balance of GABA leads to better mental focus, reduced stress and anxiety.

There's also preliminary evidence that ketogenic diets may reduce symptoms of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.

Keto is recommended for 3-6 month bursts, then take some carb or low carb diet, then keto again, it's not a lifetime thing.

This thread is called "Tips to lose weight" not building muscle. Although you can build muscle on keto due to all the protein you intake lots of proof of jacked keto lifters. There's nothing unhealthy about it, you don't NEED carbs for all your nutrients.

I like the restrictions on sugar and alcohol it places on me and how I can work 16 hours and focus. Personally, it's what I need.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually fat is great for the brain, studies show;

Patients with major depression, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia improved substantially on a ketogenic diet. Studies conducted on the use of the ketogenic diet in seizure disorders, for example, tend to show that a good balance of GABA leads to better mental focus, reduced stress and anxiety.
Those studies are bunk. Correlation does not mean causation. There is no evidence that it is the carb restriction itself that improves those symptoms as opposed to the abstinence of specific carbohydrates (I.e refined). What we do know is that insulin resistance is a huge problem in chronic brain and heart diseases, and the Keto diet is but one of many diet techniques that improves symptoms of insulin resistance.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those studies are bunk. Correlation does not mean causation. There is no evidence that it is the carb restriction itself that improves those symptoms as opposed to the abstinence of specific carbohydrates (I.e refined). What we do know is that insulin resistance is a huge problem in chronic brain and heart diseases, and the Keto diet is but one of many diet techniques that improves symptoms of insulin resistance.
It's not the lack of carbs it's the increase of good fat that helps the brain

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Chew each bite at least 30-50 times. When I used to binge on food, I'd eat so fast I'd nearly inhale my food. Chewing food thoroughly has made a world of difference and after finishing the meal I'd feel satisfied and not overstuffed.
Another tip along this line is to put your fork down between bites. I've never tried this myself, but the guy who told it to me was thin as a rail. He also espoused the chewing idea. I guess anything that gives more time for your body to kick in the fullness indicator would be a good thing.

sarnant

Banned
Reaction score
Another tip along this line is to put your fork down between bites. I've never tried this myself, but the guy who told it to me was thin as a rail. He also espoused the chewing idea. I guess anything that gives more time for your body to kick in the fullness indicator would be a good thing.
Yes and taking sips of water between each bite

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it works because you use fat for energy rather than carbs/glucose, it's that simple. I don't drink milk, I only have dry aged cheeses and the best meat/fish/protein. No bacon or deli meat crap.

Yeah food is more expensive on keto but that's not a reason to avoid it. You can go to Aldi and pick up some well-priced grass-fed meat cheaper than Tesco or Sainsbury's or Waitrose (if you're a knob).

Chicken thighs taste better to me, but I also eat Chicken breast. I don't eat pork which cuts out most garbage protein. My breakfast (2pm) is usually steak and eggs with some vegetables. Or Haloumi, mushroom, chicken tomatoes, cheese all the cheese I want. Nuts (Macadamia, Brazil, Almond) seeds (chia, hemp, flax, pumpkin). Lots of eggs, avocado, avocado oil, macadamia and coconut oil. You can eat lean meat, chicken breast etc and get your fat from the oils.

It works for me, it's not for everyone. I got most of my info from https://www.youtube.com/@ThomasDeLauerOfficial as he is muscular and does keto.

I don't even want carbs or sugar.
I like Thomas DeLauer’s stuff. Fun to watch and informative.

I have to ask Murk, as a Keto guy, how do you usually eat your chicken breast?

I quickly learned that I can’t adhere to a plain chicken breast style of diet. I need to use spices and sauces to eat and enjoy them.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like Thomas DeLauer’s stuff. Fun to watch and informative.

I have to ask Murk, as a Keto guy, how do you usually eat your chicken breast?

I quickly learned that I can’t adhere to a plain chicken breast style of diet. I need to use spices and sauces to eat and enjoy them.
Rub them in olive oil and season with black pepper, garlic, thyme and dunns river or tropical sun all purpose seasoning. They are my go to. No idea why you would ever eat plain unseasoned anything you’re supposed to be black too smh.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not recommend Keto for weight loss. Frankly, it only works due to simplicity. Most people eat far too many shvt carbs. Cutting out virtually all carbs will get rid of bad carbs by default.

The problem with Keto is that carbs are the body’s preferred energy source and Keto can encourage people to indulge in shvt protein sources as well, like processed meats and dairy.
Keto works as a short term meme and it's proof positive that our modern conception of diets are completely wrong.

From what I've heard, the body doesn't have a preferred energy source, it's happy to run off ketones. Though that is probably debated.

The real issue isn't actually getting enough protein but fat. I turned to a lot of mayo and other vegetable oils which in hindisight wasn't the best choice. But yeah, dairy is a popular choice as well.

I'm still convinced a meat + fruit diet is the best way to go.

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

sarnant

Banned
Reaction score
Keto works as a short term meme and it's proof positive that our modern conception of diets are completely wrong.

From what I've heard, the body doesn't have a preferred energy source, it's happy to run off ketones. Though that is probably debated.

The real issue isn't actually getting enough protein but fat. I turned to a lot of mayo and other vegetable oils which in hindisight wasn't the best choice. But yeah, dairy is a popular choice as well.

Just curious, why do you think meat and fruit is the best pathway? I was told fruit has too much insulin and carbs to be healthy and that meat and veggies are the way to go

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious, why do you think meat and fruit is the best pathway? I was told fruit has too much insulin and carbs to be healthy and that meat and veggies are the way to go
Not all carbs are created equal

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rub them in olive oil and season with black pepper, garlic, thyme and dunns river or tropical sun all purpose seasoning. They are my go to. No idea why you would ever eat plain unseasoned anything you’re supposed to be black too smh.
Sounds good. I’ll have to give that a go once I pick up some more chicken breasts from Sam’s. I’ve been eating the dark cuts of meat recently.

Not plain as in unseasoned lol my bad, when I say plain I just mean without any sauces. Sweet Chili sauce is currently a favorite of mine.

I’m basic these days so I’m typically just seasoning with olive oil, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. Can’t go wrong

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did see a full day of eating the other day with a bodybuilder boiling chicken breast, unseasoned. It’s nearly 2023, we have air fryers, and people are still boiling chicken breast :lol:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Some vegetable and all seed oils are not good, regardless of whatever diet. Hydrogenated vegetable oils are high in unhealthy trans fats, there’s high amounts of polyunsaturated omega-6 fats found in certain vegetable oils. Seed oils are poison.

For fat, Mayo, cheese, avocado, fatty cuts of meat, fatty fish, nuts and seeds are easy enough to get your fat from with the avo/nut oils. My gf likes cooking keto stuff she bakes cheesecakes and cookies which taste like **** but offer lots of variety.