Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tip #5: Dealing with Fear

De La Soul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first step to overcoming fear is always the same: recognise your fear as fear. Once you realise that you are afraid, you are free to deal with it. Once you know what you are dealing with, you can handle it.

Dealing with fear isn't easy. There is no complete solution to overcoming fear - we will always have it. The extent of fear, however, can be changed. As stated above, the first step is recognition of your fear. For example, if you are in a situation where you see a hot girl who you would like to get to know but you can't bring yourself to approach, you have to recognise that you are AFRAID of approaching. I know, it's not rocket science, but a lot of people (even you) do not go through the process of having the COURGAGE to call fear "fear". They may call it "anxiety", "stress", "pressure", or any number of other words but in the end it all boils down to fear.

Fear usually originates from childhood. That is a fact. When you were 8, you learned from your mom, from TV, from movies, and from songs a few simple, but very destructive myths about women:

- it is rude/weird to touch them (the basis of our fear of KINO)

- the key to getting women is to treat them like queens (the basis of our fear of showing flamboyant confidence around women)

- you should always avoid confrontation with a woman at all costs (the basis of our fear to approach)

- if a woman really likes you, she will approach you (another basis of our fear to approach)

- hot women only go for really muscular, or pretty-boy guys (yet another basis of our fear to approach)

- women really want an honest, straightforward guy (the basis of our fear to be a challenge)

- women want a dependable guy (the basis of our fear to be exciting, unpredictable)

Once again, all of the above are myths. So, how do we get over our fears? We recongnise them as fears. Then we rationalize them. "Is fear warranted here?" This is the key. Look at yourself from an objective point of view. If you can do this successfully, you will be able to look at your situation with much more clarity and wisdom.

Say, for example, that you are afraid to kiss a girl on your first date. Rationalize: Think of the facts. Only of the facts. Try to see through your negative emotions (which cloud your vision). The facts probably are (for a DJ):

1. She has accepted the date. Therefore she must have a reasonably high interest level.

2. The only way she can hurt me, is emotionally, and I have complete control of my emotions.

3. I can always gracefully walk away after trying.

Result: All systems go. Go for the kiss. 99% chance of getting it (if you lay on some kino, you're chances of getting laid improve 110%).

YOU DO HAVE ANOTHER OPTION TO FACING FEAR: Don't think at all, just act on positive emotions and desires. Far simpler, a lot quicker. Comes up with the same results, and the best part is: you feel so fukking empowered. Basically, you just charge forward acting on pure instinct (but disregarding all negativity). It's that easy.

So, in summary, the two best ways of facing fear are:

Rationalizing:
Recognise that you are afraid. Isolating the reason for your fear. Think of the bare facts. Act on them.

Instincts:
Recognise that you are afraid. Act purely on POSITIVE insticts.

The result of both: come off silky smooth, and confident. AS IF you have no fear. But of course, you know better...we all have fear, but some of us know how to deal with it.

De La Soul

Amlothi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome DLS. You just wrote my autobiography. I'm saving this to my personal files.

------------------
"There are no such things as mixed signals when it comes to women, there is reality and what the guy wants to be reality." - Don Phenom

Who wants to be a DJ when you can be so much more?

Jedi Pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
This topic is o so true, but personally i feel you can read stuff over and over and over again and completely understand it word from word, but you wont be accomplishing sh|t if u dont get off your arse and attempt it, i just say this so strongly to make myself realize how many times i was stupid enough to let something walk right past me w/out acting on my feelings instead just throwing them down in my gut. It feels so good to finally overcome a fear though.

------------------

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first step to overcoming fear is always the same: recognise your fear as fear. Once you realise that you are afraid, you are free to deal with it.
AGREE! When you start getting afraid and admit it you feel better about yourself!!!!
It's weird, but true

Everybody should try, first admit your feelings then take a deep breath and relax your muscles, work always.

------------------
We are slaves of our Nature but our Nature works in our favor

SlyDonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do control our emotions? I am not good in doing that cause I can't take nothing personally.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
ill post
I find the only why to go is on Instinct.
When I over analyze I sit their like a pu$$y
But its so true you have to recognize that your afraid and deal with it.

------------------
Tony Montana
“All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break’em for no one jou understand.”

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m sorry I just love this post so much.
Mainly because when I came to this forum I wanted to find a way to suppress the fear and to turn my nerves to steel instantly.
But because of post like these I am currently learning that you have to recognize the fear grab your balls and do it anyway. No matter how much time you spend reading at this forum the fear will still be they’re at the end of the day. Took me a bit of time to realize this.

------------------
Tony Montana
“All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don’t break’em for no one jou understand.”