Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This is How Bad It's Getting Out There...

Reaction score
I ran into an acquaintance. I wouldn't quite call him a friend, but we've talked a few times when hanging out with mutual friends.

He's completely average in almost all respects: early 30's, 5/10 average in appearance, average in height, average in personality, average in status, average in earnings. He doesn't stand out in a crowd, but he won't repulse you, either. He can carry on a conversation, but can be a little bit dumb and awkward.

He remembered me quite vividly, with extraordinary detail actually: dates, locations, very specific recollections of conversation in detail, whereas I could barely place him. It had been years. He had good news: he found a "girlfriend." A solid enough relationship I suppose for him to use that term. Here's the catch: it took him three years. That's right, it took him 3 f'ing years to find a single girl to date him exclusively. I was expecting him to show me a picture of her after he told me. I deliberately said nothing, waiting for that crowning moment of glory where he could show me his fine catch. There was no way he could not have known I was waiting for a photo. Nope, he demurred. So I asked him specifically: is she hot? He said nothing. In other words, it took an average guy 3 years to find an average (or below average looking girl) to date exclusively.

That same night, I was trying to choose between a half dozen girls all 7+ who were desperate to date me exclusively.

This is a very tricky dating market in that your dating odds don't ramp up linearly, it ramps up exponentially for better looking guys, with guys in the 8+/10 category of looks/status/wealth holding an effective monopoly not only over the hottest girls, but all of the girls who are dateable. Once the hottest girls age out (between 26 and 30), being replaced by a new crop of girls turning 21 and hitting clubs and leaving college, they start to enter into a long term relationship or two and get married around 30.

This means 2 things: a large percentage of hot girls are "spoiled goods" meaning they get married well after their looks prime and at a point when they are less likely to be able to form a strong bond with their husband since they have dated so many men, most who are higher in looks and status than their husband.

It also means of course, that men lower in looks/status are absolutely scrambling for anything they can find and are constantly left out in the game of musical chairs. This can mean years of celibacy, or being "stuck" with a low status woman: fat, older, etc.

As a corollary, some good looking young women get shut out of this dating market, too, if they are traditional types. Women who are otherwise highly attractive can get left out of dating if they are unwilling to sleep with a series of men, or won't go to clubs, or are a bit too picky to choose an average looking man who also holds traditional values.

Of course I'm not saying no one dates. What I am saying is that there is a huge ramp up in the percentage of average men of dating age who have absolutely nothing in terms of dating results, or if they do, they have invested an inordinate amount of time and effort for mediocre outcomes.

Feel free to spam this thread with counter points of average guys getting good to great results in the dating market.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I ran into an acquaintance. I wouldn't quite call him a friend, but we've talked a few times when hanging out with mutual friends.

He's completely average in almost all respects: early 30's, 5/10 average in appearance, average in height, average in personality, average in status, average in earnings. He doesn't stand out in a crowd, but he won't repulse you, either. He can carry on a conversation, but can be a little bit dumb and awkward.

He remembered me quite vividly, with extraordinary detail actually: dates, locations, very specific recollections of conversation in detail, whereas I could barely place him. It had been years. He had good news: he found a "girlfriend." A solid enough relationship I suppose for him to use that term. Here's the catch: it took him three years. That's right, it took him 3 f'ing years to find a single girl to date him exclusively. I was expecting him to show me a picture of her after he told me. I deliberately said nothing, waiting for that crowning moment of glory where he could show me his fine catch. There was no way he could not have known I was waiting for a photo. Nope, he demurred. So I asked him specifically: is she hot? He said nothing. In other words, it took an average guy 3 years to find an average (or below average looking girl) to date exclusively.

That same night, I was trying to choose between a half dozen girls all 7+ who were desperate to date me exclusively.

This is a very tricky dating market in that your dating odds don't ramp up linearly, it ramps up exponentially for better looking guys, with guys in the 8+/10 category of looks/status/wealth holding an effective monopoly not only over the hottest girls, but all of the girls who are dateable. Once the hottest girls age out (between 26 and 30), being replaced by a new crop of girls turning 21 and hitting clubs and leaving college, they start to enter into a long term relationship or two and get married around 30.

This means 2 things: a large percentage of hot girls are "spoiled goods" meaning they get married well after their looks prime and at a point when they are less likely to be able to form a strong bond with their husband since they have dated so many men, most who are higher in looks and status than their husband.

It also means of course, that men lower in looks/status are absolutely scrambling for anything they can find and are constantly left out in the game of musical chairs. This can mean years of celibacy, or being "stuck" with a low status woman: fat, older, etc.

As a corollary, some good looking young women get shut out of this dating market, too, if they are traditional types. Women who are otherwise highly attractive can get left out of dating if they are unwilling to sleep with a series of men, or won't go to clubs, or are a bit too picky to choose an average looking man who also holds traditional values.

Of course I'm not saying no one dates. What I am saying is that there is a huge ramp up in the percentage of average men of dating age who have absolutely nothing in terms of dating results, or if they do, they have invested an inordinate amount of time and effort for mediocre outcomes.

Feel free to spam this thread with counter points of average guys getting good to great results in the dating market.
Don't hate on another for getting what he can get. Two, I call bullsh it on your "half dozen" girls that want to date you exclusively. Nice try dude. A for effort, A+ for being on cloud9.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He had good news: he found a "girlfriend." A solid enough relationship I suppose for him to use that term. Here's the catch: it took him three years. That's right, it took him 3 f'ing years to find a single girl to date him exclusively.
At that rate, he mogs me. :mad:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The game hasn't really changed. It's always been that way since high school. The top tier guys get first dibs. And then the mid tier guys get the leftovers. And the bottom dwelling guys have to rely on luck.

The only difference now is that social media is helping women get access to top tier guys from the comfort of their own couch. This ensures that the mid tier doesn't get lucky with an HB 10 just because she happened to be isolated and have no access to options.

So I guess it is harder for mid tier guys now. You won't find "Jenny from the block" with a nice a$$ who doesn't know anybody. That was back in the 90's and 2000's.

The way I look at it, the game corrected itself. Women have infinite options and will naturally choose the top guys in their prime years. Once they hit the wall, they settle for the mid tier guys.

This gives us incentive to strive for the top (if you are not there already).

I wouldn't want to live in a world where all the hot women go for losers.
Wall girls aren’t even settling anymore. They’ll friend up enough simps to “help them out” but they aren’t even dating them much less marrying them. Some simps are wising up too, finally. Basically what’s happening is mid-30’s wall girls are so alpha widowed that they won’t lower their expectations.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our Incel comrades call this Sub8 Theory - i.e., that any man under 8 is SOL. :mad:

This is called Wall Theory. I've noticed this within women that I have been barely acquainted with that I see around in the Scene. I start to notice the decline, and then after what I like to call the Chrysalis Stage in which they seem to disappear from the Scene for a while, they show up in their chunky Butterfly State with some schlub that is obviously of lower stock than what they would have accepted during their stuck-up Caterpillar Stage. Of course, if the Butterfly Stage beau fails, then they go to Cougar Stage, where suddenly they find me interesting. :rolleyes:

This is called Frustrated Chump Theory - aka Incel Theory. :mad::mad:

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it's entirely accurate. 30 and under I agree they're going by mainly looks.

However, the older ones I see with a lot of guys who're fat, ugly, rough looking, etc. I mean the guy is way below their looks. I mean, women 30 and over. So it can't be entirely true the hot girls only go for hot guys.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
What's stopping your friend from getting fit,getting more confident,getting a better job,dressing better and getting better game?

Nothing, it's a tough world out there and only the fittest survive

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how my friends live yes, years and years getting no play at all. A lot of it has to do with location though.
There is no golden location, at least outside of SE Asia, Eastern Europe or Latin America. IT'S ALL BAD.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's stopping your friend from getting fit,getting more confident,getting a better job,dressing better and getting better game?

Nothing, it's a tough world out there and only the fittest survive
Getting fit is not going to make him go from 5'5" to 6'2" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: - or fix his few millimeters of bone, etc.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting fit is not going to make him go from 5'5" to 6'2" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: - or fix his few millimeters of bone, etc.
Exactly. Same situation here, been single for 3 years now, but recently stopped caring about women; whenever I display that I like one and ask them out, it always ends up the same, they like me as a friend but no attraction. And I will definitely NOT "work on myself" in order to have better chances with women. I work on my craft that's bringing me the results and working on my financial independence in the future.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. Same situation here, been single for 3 years now, but recently stopped caring about women; whenever I display that I like one and ask them out, it always ends up the same, they like me as a friend but no attraction. And I will definitely NOT "work on myself" in order to have better chances with women. I work on my craft that's bringing me the results and working on my financial independence in the future.
You mean you're into craft beer? Wouldnt owning a craft brewery bring you in some serious tail if it's in the right location?

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s the serengeti. Survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten.

Movies, tv, music have brainwashed men into thinking they need relationships. Men don‘t need relationships, they need sex and offspring.

Everything in life revolves around POWER.
Money is power, education is power, respect is power, sex is power, A full blown relationship does not bring Power. It brings depleted resources, headaches, limited sex, more nagging.

Wake up men.

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
It’s the serengeti. Survival of the fittest. Eat or be eaten.

Movies, tv, music have brainwashed men into thinking they need relationships. Men don‘t need relationships, they need sex and offspring.

Everything in life revolves around POWER.
Money is power, education is power, respect is power, sex is power, A full blown relationship does not being Power. It brings depleted resources, headaches, limited sex, more nagging.

Wake up men.
Of course its power.

Even a simple thing as buying a McDonald's burger, a man can't even eat it without purchasing power or through the power of persuasion by getting someone else to buy it for him.

Just know that women has only 1 singular power => manipulation.

They subconsciously use it to gain other powers, which they think its theirs but it actually belongs to some man or men whom they have suck it from or borrowed.

The only currency that can't be stolen from a man is his education and it can be cashed in anywhere on this planet.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ag
Don't hate on another for getting what he can get. Two, I call bullsh it on your "half dozen" girls that want to date you exclusively. Nice try dude. A for effort, A+ for being on cloud9.

I agree 100 percent. The guy described in the OP seems like a nice, adjusted normal guy while OP seems to be on an ego trip of sorts.

If the guy is happy then good for him. I WISH I could be happy with an average girl or better yet, just one girl in general. Id be married with a decent family by now and probably happier as well. Slaying new women and sex in general is like a drug, an addiction. Yeah it's fun, but it has plenty of pitfalls as well.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I ag

I agree 100 percent. The guy described in the OP seems like a nice, adjusted normal guy while OP seems to be on an ego trip of sorts.

If the guy is happy then good for him. I WISH I could be happy with an average girl or better yet, just one girl in general. Id be married with a decent family by now and probably happier as well. Slaying new women and sex in general is like a drug, an addiction. Yeah it's fun, but it has plenty of pitfalls as well.
I agree. It's a pain. Find a hot chick to marry and be over with it. Dating is basically like looking for a job. Especially old. Old similar because it's like using indeed or monster which mostly list crappy bottom of the barrel jobs and having to search for hours then fill out long applications competing against 200 other people for a few job openings. With old you're competing for mainly low end damaged goods. Just like a great white collar job isnt going to be on indeed, a undamaged hb9 no drama woman isn't going to be using old.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no dating down, it lowers testosterone
no dating down, you can do better
no dating down, fap if you must

no dating down
What does dating down mean, dating more or dating less?

EDIT: nevermind, means dating someone that's lower than you in SMV. Yeah, I absolutely agree, I'd rather be single than date down, wtf

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
He's completely average in almost all respects: early 30's, 5/10 average in appearance, average in height, average in personality, average in status, average in earnings. He doesn't stand out in a crowd, but he won't repulse you, either.

Here's the catch: it took him three years. That's right, it took him 3 f'ing years to find a single girl to date him exclusively. I was expecting him to show me a picture of her after he told me. I deliberately said nothing, waiting for that crowning moment of glory where he could show me his fine catch. There was no way he could not have known I was waiting for a photo. Nope, he demurred. So I asked him specifically: is she hot? He said nothing. In other words, it took an average guy 3 years to find an average (or below average looking girl) to date exclusively.
This is completely normal in 2020. An average looking guy finding one chick to date in 3 years is pretty good.

But honestly, don’t ask for a picture or if she’s hot. That is kind of cruel. Realistically, she probably is fat. But what is he to do? Wait 10 more years for a hotter, thin one?

Last edited: