Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

This forum rocks

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been checking out this site for the past week or so and checked out the DJ bible, among other things. Boy am I glad I did! But first a bit about myself...

I am about as AFC as an AFC can get. I wont mention my age but since I am posting here you can deduct that I am at least 25. I have absolutely ZERO success with women, thanks in part to the fact I appear so desperate and needy. Not to mention that my conversation skills are lacking. In short I have no confidence.

Now before you go on flaming me, let me say first that I am not some wimp looking for a pity party. If I had wanted to do that I wouldve gone to another message board. The reason I divulged such personal information above is so I can remember where I was at, when in a few months I am banging the woman of my dreams, and hopefully be an inspiration to other shy guys. You see, I have simply gotten sick of the 'poor me, woman dont like me' self pity trip and have decided to take steps to do something about it. I have put into practice some of the tips offered and already have seen results in how others respond to me. `

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you!

You actually describe me the way I used to be.
The most important thing is that you realized you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself.

From here on you will find yourself improving and changing all the time. Enjoy it and don't get frustrated if things don't work out at once. Remember, it may take a little while so keep working on it and you'll eventually make progress.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
doc72, I am in the same situation, so keep us uptodate on how your progress goes.

I have started doing some reading etc and am trying to make an initial effort to break away from my mr nice and shy guy image which I figured was the best approach until about a week ago ;)

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I too was AFC, and I still have my lapses. I managed to get laid back in those days, however, somehow.....but never quite enough. ;)

This forum has done wonders for my self-esteem. Work at it and you will change your life.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome!

I'll never flame a newbie because I've been there, I've been an AFC, a sickening wimp corrupted by our man-hating society. Thanks to sosuave.com, I've changed my ways. I'm not there yet, but I'm on my way ... and luckily the journey now no longer consists of me feeling sorry for myself and apologizing for each and every action, and acting like women have a right to walk on me. That is over with.

As a newbie I highly suggest reading the articles off the main page and especially Player Supreme's rules for being a player in this forum, under the thread of "the player got played." That list is as good as anything written here -- it's amazing. People who trash this site don't know what they're talking about. I dare them to find anything resembling Player's list at Borders, Barnes & Noble or on TV ... you're not going to find it, but you'll find a lot of other stuff telling you to be an AFC.

Welcome to the world of the DJ, you'll never turn back to the dark side of AFCism ever again!

Doc73

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome.

One thing I realized is that some habits die hard, and that in changing your entire persona takes hard work and a lot of patience. For instance, I am currently visiting a friend in a faraway city and last night he, his friend, and I went to a local club. Although I had made it clear to my friend that I was there just to drink, have fun, and learn how to make eye contact with the opposite sex, he tried to push me into going a few steps furthur. Although I did dance with a couple of girls (after much prodding from my friend), I ended up pulling a huge AFC, which of course turned off the two girls we ended up leaving the bar with. (ironically both of them tried desperately to get into my friend's pants and he is engaged!)

Looks like I got my work cut out for me but hey, no one said that transforming into a DJ was going to be easy.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a marathon, not a sprint

Transforming into a DJ is a long distance race.

Look at it this way: You've been programmed for several hours a day, each day of your life from junior high on up to be a sap. Popular music, TV, culture, etc., all tell us that we should beg at a woman's feet for her indifferent affections, and that if she doesn't give us attention, we're the loser.

Well, no one until sosuave.com told you that this is wrong.

De-programming takes a good long time, I'm still doing it. The key is not letting one failure or 100 failures set you back on your quest into being a DJ.

The key is following the guidelines of this site: read the DJ Bible, do a bit of the bootcamp, and read the articles on the front page, while also chiming in on the message board.

The good thing is the starter's gun for the marathon has gone off and you're in the race and not dropping out!