Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The upper part of my hands are SO dry, they cracked and even started to bleed. Cure??

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(Just like the dry lips)
This happened every winter, I wear glove but they wont help much. My palms have normal moisture though. The ONLY way, is to put on some cream, but it's really annoying/uncomfortable.
It is my food? I eat normal, and drink 2 liters of water each day. Help me out, fellows. Thanks.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't lift? Cause lifting irritates your hands just below the fingers from handling barbells & stuff.
With time you get those hard pieces of skin (don't know how they are called). Till then, you can wear gloves.

But if you don't lift, I'll check with a doc, that's very weird.

Ricardo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would even drink a bit more water to help it out and use moisturizer. Happens to me from time to time

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aiken_Drum: I don't lift.

This is not new, happened the last 4-5 years. And in additional my body get dried too! (from my knees to my chest) I have really thin skin, maybe that's the reason? I hate winters, maybe the dry and freezing air is part of the cause too?
Last two years I even get some what dried skin in the summer too!
Only the last 2 weeks I started to drink 2 liters water dayly, before...not even half a liter...

Later.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go see a dermatologist.

Could be exzema(sp?) I have had it for years and the only relief comes from prescription meds. Sucks.

It has something to do with new skin growing too quickly causing dry and painful irritations.

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know what you're going through, it happens to me too, every Winter. It seems to worsen if I wash my hands and then don't dry them completely, even if they're remotely wet. And for some reason it seems to worsen the more I wash my hands. It happens because there is less humidity in the air during the Fall and Winter months. One thing that seems to help is lotion, like you said, and sadly that is the only thing I've found that works. You don't have to get feminine smelling stuff, Gold Bond is great. Hope it all works out for you.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It worsens when you wash your hands because washing removes the oils your skin uses to stay juvinated.

Try some Bag Balm, baby! Also, wear gloves and wash your hands with cooler water until your hands heal, then, keeping the Bag Balm applied, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Invest in a humidifier. Or a cheap way is to keep the bathroom door open when you take a hot shower, but its not very effective.

Even if you keep your place warm, its the low humidity that makes the indoor air dry, thus zapping moisture from your hands.

Dry air is also not very good for the lining in the lungs for the same reason.

[This message has been edited by xyzzy (edited 10-25-2002).]

Anubi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shower with cold water, and dont shower for long to keep you skin moist.
Dont use normal soap because it dries your skin, get some medicated soap or liquid parrafin.
See what kind of material suits your skin, cotton shirts are good.