Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The real alpha males are fighting the Coronavirus atm

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's an age thing. I only ever used that word when training dogs. The younger guys seem to have an obsession with it, though.
I hadn't considered this, but I think you're spot on. It's a word that has become fashionable with the younger generations. I barely heard it when I was growing up, at least not when talking about humans. No doubt its popularity derives from the PUA movement.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hadn't considered this, but I think you're spot on. It's a word that has become fashionable with the younger generations. I barely heard it when I was growing up, at least not when talking about humans. No doubt its popularity derives from the PUA movement.
Okay this is not a political post - just an observation that has to do with Al Gore.

I remember the first time the words "alpha" and "beta" hit my radar. It was around 1999/2000, and I think the words were buzzing with relation to Al Gore, who was running for president. Media blowhards were calling him a beta and Clinton (of course) an alpha, and so they were framing Gore as this kinder, gentler politician. Mr. Nice Guy. Which is a little unfair when you think about it, because to become a senator and get picked for veep he probably was alpha in most situations. But it's like pro sports, those guys are the kings of the hill til they get to the big dance. I distinctly remember an interview with Gore and his wife Tipper when she claimed that he was a "tiger," meaning in the sack. The whole thing seemed staged to present him as just as alpha as Bill. It made me cringe. It reminded me of when Roger Staubach said "I like sex just as much as Joe Namath, but just with my wife!" or something like that. But at least Roger had a sense of humor about it.

But that was around the same time as the rise of the internet, and sites like Sosuave. So I think these words were becoming more common in the vernacular with regards to people. I didn't know what they meant before that, exactly, or if I did I didn't think about it much. It was either: This guy gets laid, that guy doesn't, and the other guy does sometimes.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember the first time the words "alpha" and "beta" hit my radar. It was around 1999/2000, and I think the words were buzzing with relation to Al Gore, who was running for president. Media blowhards were calling him a beta and Clinton (of course) an alpha
That sounds vaguely familiar, I think I can dimly recall that. The people who formed the "original" pickup community were meeting on the internet during the '90s, so I still think that terminology became fashionable due to them (as applied to humans). Some ridicule wikipedia as a source, but this article is kind of interesting as a brief recap of PUA history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_artist#History

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be this.

Yikes. I think they were trying to skewer alphas and the red pill but as the comments on this video show they basically skewered themselves. Also there's a great comment from a guy named MastermindX with a skull and crossbones that sounds like our own Danger.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm not like that

Sometime it just feels like the whole alpha beta thing is like James bond vs me
The alpha and red pill, blue pill is overdone and childish. Before the movie the Matrix, this red pill / blue pill crap wasn't around. You need to have a high self respect and self worth for yourself. You need to have direction in life. You need to have your sh it in order (health/finance/crib) and you need to not place females on a pedestal. They must know that you will walk at one sign of major disrespect. All dudes can do this. All. Get to it.