Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Facts on Car Accident Deaths and COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The U.S. just passed Italy in confirmed cases. So far there is no sign of our curve flattening.
That might be significant, if you were talking about the fatality rate, Chicken Little. I'm pretty confident that millions of Americans have already had the Kung Flu, though.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few – not the unwashed masses.

If you think you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – and wish to continue being so – then skip this. It's too much power for you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And, if they ever tested everyone, it would probably be less than a quarter of that.
Maybe. This does appear to be at least a bit nastier than the flu though. Even so, there were 34,200 deaths from the flu last year (the last season, actually), according to the CDC, and that barely rates a mention.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe. This does appear to be at least a bit nastier than the flu though. Even so, there were 34,200 deaths from the flu last year (the last season, actually), according to the CDC, and that barely rates a mention.
This is twice as contagious as the flu, and the CDC estimates that 60 million American catch that every year. According to those numbers, millions of Americans have already caught Kung Flu, so far. We'll never know, though.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well we are definitely performing far better death-wise than Italy was at this point in time.

The US system must be far better than Italy's.
Why is Italy's death rate so high? Because the elderly only receive palliative care, under socialized medicine, and the average age in fatal Kung Flu cases is 80. They're screwed.

billtx49

Reaction score
Well we are definitely performing far better death-wise than Italy was at this point in time.

The US system must be far better than Italy's.
Yep, The two countries referenced here are so completely different, it’s not a smart move to make any comparisons, only contrasting differences …

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And our death rate is far lower.

How could that be?
One also might want to measure the numbers on a per 100,000 basis. The U.S. has 350 million people. Italy, 60 million.

Anyway if there's one thing this thread has proven it's that old adage about lies, damned lies, and statistics.

billtx49

Reaction score
Yes, for those that believe in facts, fewer cases, fewer deaths per capita ratio of this magnitude destroys the argument that the US will be the same or worse off in this virus than Italy given the comparable timeframes to date …

Bible_Belt

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, for those that believe in facts, fewer cases, fewer deaths per capita ratio of this magnitude destroys the argument that the US will be the same or worse off in this virus than Italy given the comparable timeframes to date …
The deaths come from running out of icu beds, which hasn't happened here, yet. Even big hospitals typically don't have very many icu beds, which is why in places like New York they are scrambling to construct temporary icu wards. Even if they can make the physical space requirements with temp structures and empty hotels, and set up negative pressure rooms, then the bottleneck becomes ppe and ventilators. The military isn't much help, either, because they are set up to treat trauma, and also because they are mostly reserve corp who have jobs in the medical field already.

I was reading a fb post from a doctor in oklahoma. He lets his patients facetime with their families before being intubated, because their prospects are so sh!tty even with a ventilator.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

billtx49

Reaction score
I don’t have the icu facts, but it’s a safe bet we have more icu space and ventilators than Italy given we have almost 6 times their population and the same ballpark number of cases. I definitely know we can mobilize resources faster also.
I’m high risk, but I haven’t seen any facts yet that scare me…

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading a fb post from a doctor in oklahoma. He lets his patients facetime with their families before being intubated, because their prospects are so sh!tty even with a ventilator.
Well frankly, if you're at the point that you need a ventilator, you're not doing that well to begin with.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does it bother you that I said the US appears to have a great system?
Honestly, the US health care system has been taking a lot of verbal bashing in recent years.
But it appears to be performing pretty well under the current crisis so far.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In other news:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/dyson-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html

"Dyson said the company had designed and built an entirely new ventilator, called the "CoVent," since he received a call 10 days ago from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
"This new device can be manufactured quickly, efficiently and at volume," Dyson added, saying that the new ventilator has been designed to "address the specific needs" of coronaviruspatients."

" the ventilators would be ready by early April.Dyson, who has wealth worth $10 billion according to Bloomberg, wrote in his letter that he would also donate 5,000 units to theinternational effort to tackle the pandemic."

But wait, there is more:

"A second UK firm, Gtech, is also working to produce ventilators and has submitted two examples to the government for assessment. The company specializes in cordless vacuum cleaners and garden power tools."

billtx49

Reaction score
In other news:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/tech/dyson-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html

"Dyson said the company had designed and built an entirely new ventilator, called the "CoVent," since he received a call 10 days ago from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
"This new device can be manufactured quickly, efficiently and at volume," Dyson added, saying that the new ventilator has been designed to "address the specific needs" of coronaviruspatients."

" the ventilators would be ready by early April.Dyson, who has wealth worth $10 billion according to Bloomberg, wrote in his letter that he would also donate 5,000 units to theinternational effort to tackle the pandemic."

But wait, there is more:

"A second UK firm, Gtech, is also working to produce ventilators and has submitted two examples to the government for assessment. The company specializes in cordless vacuum cleaners and garden power tools."
Yes, resources such as these ventilators and others are starting to come online as we speak. Extra medical personnel being added also. I expect a medical judgement on one or more of the 5-6 existing medications that help recoveries by mid April also.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  1. Not at all. The US is performing FAR better than Italy regarding the death rate. That is a fact.
  2. Why does it bother you that I said the US appears to have a great system?
1. Do you understand the difference between an active case and a closed case?

2. The United States’ system hasn’t even been tested yet. Every day more hospitals are filling up, more cases are reported, this resulting in more COVID-19 conspiracy theories posted on this forum.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The rate of death in the US is far smaller than it was for Italy. Why would open or closed cases matter for this?
Almost all US cases are open, meaning they can still drop dead today or tomorrow. Italy has a lot more closed cases.

I wonder why our system is so far able to hold at levels that Italy's system was unable to?
US hospitals aren’t at capacity yet. Check back in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.