Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Beautiful People...

Deagleclaw

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For those of us (men & women) who are attractive, life is, in general, easier. The beautiful people, from an early age, recieve special treatment. I'd like some responses to the following, agreements, disagreements, examples, etc.

(The Human Animal-Desmond Morris)Studies Have shown that:

- Pre-school children already have pre-conceptions about physical beauty. They percieve attractive men and women to be nice and caring, and ugly people to be nasty, mean, and harmful.

- Attractive men and women are found NOT GUILTY by juries more often than ugly people in cases where the crime is reportedly intentional, whereas face incarceration more often than ugly people where the crime is reportedly due to negligence.

- Attractive children are favoured by their parents, punished less, and recieve more affection than their less attractive siblings.

- Attractive men and women remain employed longer and have an easier time obtaining jobs, and are often awarded higher salaries in compensation negotiations. Attractive people are often promoted sooner in the workplace than ugly people.

- Attractive people find it easier to obtain money, status, and power, and sexual partners throughout their lives.

Deagleclaw out

------------------
No matter what comes, walk like a man. - Al Lan Mandragoran (Wheel of Time)

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, this planet caters to the BEAUTIFUL people. Butt ugly people get the shaft most times.

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deagleclaw (You sexy thang),

I would tend to agree with most of these statements. The only one I would question would be the one about parents favoring the more attactive child.

I might be wrong, however. I was a cute kid and my parents beat the crap out of me when I did something wrong...

Beautiful Gipper

Don Phenom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all true, no doubt about it. In my opinion it's only natural.

------------------
Don Phenom-Unphasable, you couldn't make me lose my cool if you set me on fire. I will not lose!

gettingthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the most damaging lie I ever believed was "Looks don't matter." I was told that sometime in elementary school and I believed it for many years.

Good looks are extremely important. Beautiful people as a whole have better lives: better jobs, better relationships, better outcomes in court.

Gipper: Did you have less attractive siblings that were treated better? Deagleclaw didn't say that being a cute kid in itself means you don't get punished. Also, when you have kids, don't beat the crap out of them, that is abusive behavior.

[This message has been edited by gettingthere (edited 11-09-2001).]

Gipper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gipper: Did you have less attractive siblings that were treated better? Deagleclaw didn't say that being a cute kid in itself means you don't get punished. Also, when you have kids, don't beat the crap out of them, that is abusive behavior.[/B][/QUOTE]

Gettingthere,

I have a sister. She always got into as much trouble as I did, but she never got punished as much as I did.

OK, I exaggerated when I said "beat the crap out of me". I was spanked. Often. No marks, no bruises, no foul. I'm glad they did it. It made me a better adult.

Gipper

gettingthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, well, it could just be because she's a girl, I guess there are always lots of variables.

Ok, yeah, I got spanked too, I figure that is ok. I know some friends though that got belts and so on.

RockandRoll!

Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't agree with the job thing for attractive people...i've been to all sorts of places and got the nice rejection.maybe its because i got to lose my ****y smirk.but i never found any difference between ugly people and good looking people getting jobs...but i live in atlantic canada and they dont give a sh*t what ya look like.

Deagleclaw

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Gipper,

Spanking IS an acceptable punishment for children when they are bad. I don't care what these progressive liberal artsy fartsy wishy washy touchy feely f*cks say about time outs. The only reason I'm alive today is because I was properly punished for the things I got caught doing.

Beating the crap out of a kid with a belt or fists is completely unacceptable. Punishment should hurt feelings, pride, and involve fear of future punishment, not injure a kid.

Anyways, growing up I was the case of the ugly duckling. I was a roundfaced scrawny little kid. I wasn't ugly, but I definitely was not attractive to girls. It wasn't until I was about 17 that I started to notice a change in people's attitudes towards me when the bone structure of my face changed.

Anyways, I lost a few good friends to jealousy and frustration simply because of a natural physical change in appearance that made my life that much easier.

But even then as I became more and more attractive physically, the one thing that eluded me until I found this site, was women... Although I was Good Lookin' I was still a "Nice Guy" and women lost interest in me very quickly. While less attractive guys scored with hotter chicks than I could talk to.

I am of the opinion that with WOMEN, Looks will only get your foot in the door. Because there is a major difference between looking good and being attractive.

Deagleclaw out

------------------
No matter what comes, walk like a man. - Al Lan Mandragoran (Wheel of Time)

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it all has to with pheremones and is completely unconscience. Even the visual part can be sub-conscience. Did you know that a man who has one arm two millimeters shorter than the other one will automatically be considered "just not my type" by the majority of women?

People are weird though. I was the most popular girl in my 6th grade class and I wet my pants. Go figure.

gettingthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RockandRoll!:
i don't agree with the job thing for attractive people...i've been to all sorts of places and got the nice rejection.maybe its because i got to lose my ****y smirk.but i never found any difference between ugly people and good looking people getting jobs...but i live in atlantic canada and they dont give a sh*t what ya look like.
Beautiful people have other beautiful people to compete with for the same job.

If you watch Friends, remember the episode where Rachel hires the cute but unqualified assistant guy over the well qualified but not cute secretary lady. You better believe that stuff happens.

Looks may not be everything, but they are a big help. People just like beautiful people more. Everyone wants to be around beautiful friends an coworkers. (do you really prefer to be around fat ugly people?)

The one reprieve is that not everyone has the same standards for beauty.

Poosy Marauder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah..its the one basic unfairness in life.

Beautiful people are generally perceived more favourably...its called "the Halo Effect"

For us guys though, looks matter..but only up to a point. Looks without confidence get you nowhere generally.

Women have bigger issues with physical appearance because they know that us guys are visual creatures. Why do you think cosmetics is a billion dollar industry.

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MsThang:
I think it all has to with pheremones and is completely unconscience. Even the visual part can be sub-conscience. Did you know that a man who has one arm two millimeters shorter than the other one will automatically be considered "just not my type" by the majority of women?

People are weird though. I was the most popular girl in my 6th grade class and I wet my pants. Go figure.
------------

You wet your pants in the 6th grade and you're tight..... the Gipper gotta read this.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's way true -- good looking people get the breaks.

I recently corrected a cosmetic issue -- and now I'd probably be grouped in the upper 10 percent of attractiveness for guys (plus I'm over six feet tall).

And I'll tell you, I get so many breaks because of it.

I ain't complaining...

If anyone's interested in details, I can give them...

vacarski

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a couple of issues surrounding what is beautiful. Many studies have shown that in both sexes, the more semetrical a persons face is, the more favorable others will judge them. Beauty determinents in facial structure differente in men and women in some ways. First, full lips, and big eyes are usually consistent with a "beautiful" womans face. With regards to mens faces there is some descrepancy. For many years it was believed that the sharp chin, "masculine" face was favored. Recient studies, however, have shown that some women may favor a less "masculine" (chin, cheaks, etc.). Researchers postulated that the reason for this may be a change in society where women are no longer in a position where they need men to protect them physically or even ficially. Becasue of this, women may look instead for a man whose face showns compasion, and caring, one who would be a good father.
Another important issue in the perception of beauty is the social construction of what is beautiful. As a general statement, "developed" societies often value thinness; whereas "developing" soicieties often value fatness, especially in women (ie. the Hima people in Uganda where men will literally fatten their wives up for their wedding day, to the point where they may even find trouble in walking. It is often thought that this is a posturing of the males wealth and prosperitiy).
One more thing. In women, it is not necessarily weight that will make them attractive to men, rather it is their hip to waist ratio: the ideal in this country is .7 (a waist that is 30% smaller than the hips). Marilyn Monroe had a .7 and so does victoria secret model Daniela. (and many others).
Anyway, just a few scientific tidbits for you. Also do not underplay the role of mass media is our perception of beauty and what the beuaty can get us. The above statements about beautiful people are true; just like income tends to increase with hight.
One last thing: want to find out how symetrical your face is? Take a picture of yourself with a digital camara or scan it into you computer. Open it in photo shop or somenthing, and cut it in half. Flip one side so that you have the same half of your face on both sides: how much does this look like you real face; the closer the more symmetrical.

Note: I did not check this for grammer or spelling; if your interested i know a ton about this stuff.

CHALENGE GUY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Unless you wanna be happy living in your small cabin in the woods, get that corrective surgery."

John 5-32