Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Taking a Womens Studies Course

DJ Mission

Don Juan
Reaction score
This semester...yes...pretty much feminism. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Should I shut the hell up or say a thing or two... I bet most of the girls in the class are not actually feminists but got stuck with it like I did... Any ADVICE, POINTERS, COMMENTS?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done a lot of lectures on women's writing, feminism and alike as part of my English degree and it's actually quite enlightening.

I think a lot of people misinterpret feminism. They think of extremist men haters or, in some cases, actually become extremist men haters, when in fact feminism is just about equality.

Women have been treated horrifically throughout history so when you read feminist work it's easy to respect their plight. Look at it with the same objectivism you would give to racial equality and you can't go far wrong.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether the class is good or not, depends on if you want to learn the material, or if it's just another B.S. class, a product of authority's red tape.

Er....I don't think you should say anything extremely controversial unless you audit the class (you take it just because, and it can't affect your grade nor will you get credit), or unless you can prove it, beyond a shadow of a doubt, in such a way that they can't possibly lash back at you.

I don't like suggesting AFC behavior, but it's one thing if it's some skirt, and another if it's a woman who has the ability to mess-up your grade.

It might be the best thing for you to simply tell them what they want to hear.

Say, this might be a good idea if I audited a class like this, and then made a point of being as controversial as possible (without of course, making up views that aren't mine to create conflict). That'd be funny as hell, to see how all the women react.

Ben

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The power of silence

Keeping the strong, silent, thoughtful persona would be the way I'd do a women's studies course. Folks might wonder just what you're thinking. If asked, just give it straight. Nothing demonstrates credibility like a high quality and low quantity of words.

I second Jariel's thoughts here.

It can be very interesting, and yes, not all the women in such a course will be man-hating feminazis, either... though there will almost certainly be one or two, who may betray themselves by resenting your being there, and thereby potentially putting a damper on their anti-male b1tch-fest. Some of the more enlightened women will appreciate your interest in the subject once they can see you're truly interested in learning the material.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a good way to meet women to me.;)

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eventually have to take one of these too.

I always wondered why there's never a Men's Studies course. Always makes me want to appeal the curriculum.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got a friend who thought of doing it. Basically, I said i wasn't gonna do it, cuz i think that at the end of the day, it'll be hard to stay masculine and in a way you could become too emotional or attached to women struggles or something. I can't explain it, but i think takin a course primarily for the girls seems a little too much and it is a course that'll change your perspective of women (not neccesarily for the better)

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would not be able to sit in a class like that.. if all they did was complain about how poor women have it..how all guys are jerks and how they never have enough spending money...

However. you are probably going to be one of the few guys in class.. If you have a bright head on your shoulders and learned anything here (i hope so) you can run that class..

Women will call on you to see a men's viewpoint. If you can provide a good answer and make them think "ohhh.. this guy is smart, i never thought of it that way" There are going to be plenty of girls to choose from in that class..

As soon as you step outside that class, i would shut the hell up about everything you talk about there when speaking to girls from that class. If you are having a convo, be a normal guy who wants to get to know her, not to get to know what she thinks of feminism.

I wish you luck, tell us how the girls in that class are.

DJ Mission

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep it in mind.

I wish you luck, tell us how the girls in that class are.
Will do.