Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Supermarket Pickup

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck in this area?

I tried it once years ago standing at the deli line and failed. I didn't say anything weird or creepy either. Minutes later she took her wagon and went about her business. I also went in the same direction as her to get more items and she was looking over her shoulder like I was following her (I wasn't)

I am under the impression the only way you can pull it off is if you are on the same line as the woman (and it's a slow moving line) or perhaps at the deli counter.

Here is why:

What if you are going down the aisle and coming the opposite way you get eye contact and a slight smile from an attractive woman.

What are your options? You don't really have any. Doing an about face immediately and going in her direction would just look creepy and stalker-ish in my opinion. Agreed?

Your only hope would be to run into this same woman on the same line (Check-out or deli) or perhaps somewhere else during the day, so you would have an opener. "Hey, didn't I see you earlier at........?

Just today I was coming up the aisle and I thought had some MILF (who was on line) staring at me from 30 yards away. I wasn't done with my shopping yet, so what was I supposed to do. I went about my business.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a warm indirect approach that was at its peak in the 90's.

Yeah it can be tough to think of something witty. Unless It is crowded, I will say a simple "hello" as I pass people in the aisle. I mean we are in close proximity, it is only polite to acknowledge them right? And the little kids....I ALWAYS say hello to little kids. Maybe it is the Dad in me. I'll engage people even if they are NOT attractive women because 1) it helps me warm up, 2) it creates a social vibe especially if it is somewhere that I'm a regular. 3) sometimes someone will over hear a convo I'm having in say, the liquor aisle and chime in with a recommendation.

If a woman sees you having a conversation, you automatically are marked as a someone who is open to engaging with her. If she is not open you will see her AVOID the conversing couple, but if she is looking over you can engage her. "what do you prefer? Bourbon or Tennessee Whiskey?" then segue into plans for the week, and "oh you should come by" BOOM...

re: little kids. One of the cutest girls I've ever seen in a grocery store had her 2 year old engage ME. "I like your boots". Had I not been married at the time I would have grabbed that number then and there. She had the puppy dog eyes BIG TIME.

Some of the best practice is engaging with other guys. There was a big black dude standing right in front of the rice I wanted one day. Not my usual Social group to say the least....

"Excuse me , gotta grab that rice here by your knee"
"Man that'sa lot of rice! "
"yeah gonna do a big pot of Jambalaya."
"Alright brah! when's the party?!!"

ummmm indirect opener anyone?

Plus in a community as small as mine, it is entirely possible that the woman who looks at me may recognize me form somewhere else. The Gym, friends in common, a speaking engagement , her kid's school. I'm always giving off a warm open vibe to give them an opening to engage on that premise....

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

I tried it once years ago standing at the deli line and failed. I didn't say anything weird or creepy either. Minutes later she took her wagon and went about her business. I also went in the same direction as her to get more items and she was looking over her shoulder like I was following her (I wasn't)
This is a common experience in grocery store approach. The majority of approaches are conversations of less than 30 seconds.

I am under the impression the only way you can pull it off is if you are on the same line as the woman (and it's a slow moving line) or perhaps at the deli counter.
No.

The checkout line is likely the worst place to do it. First off, a lot of grocery stores are going to self checkout with more lanes, which reduces the viability of this. Second, in most lines, the woman has her back to you so that's not going to work.

The deli counter is a decent place to make an approach. In general, you want to make your approach in some aisle of the store. I've approached in mostly every aisle of a grocery store.

What if you are going down the aisle and coming the opposite way you get eye contact and a slight smile from an attractive woman.

What are your options? You don't really have any. Doing an about face immediately and going in her direction would just look creepy and stalker-ish in my opinion. Agreed?

Your only hope would be to run into this same woman on the same line (Check-out or deli) or perhaps somewhere else during the day, so you would have an opener. "Hey, didn't I see you earlier at........?

Just today I was coming up the aisle and I thought had some MILF (who was on line) staring at me from 30 yards away. I wasn't done with my shopping yet, so what was I supposed to do. I went about my business.
The second you get an IOI, you say something. Just say what you notice about her. Or, you can ask about something in her shopping cart. Use the basic Torero model of Open-Stack-Vibe-Invest-Close

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

This is a common experience in grocery store approach. The majority of approaches are conversations of less than 30 seconds.

No.

The checkout line is likely the worst place to do it. First off, a lot of grocery stores are going to self checkout with more lanes, which reduces the viability of this. Second, in most lines, the woman has her back to you so that's not going to work.

The deli counter is a decent place to make an approach. In general, you want to make your approach in some aisle of the store. I've approached in mostly every aisle of a grocery store.

The second you get an IOI, you say something. Just say what you notice about her. Or, you can ask about something in her shopping cart. Use the basic Torero model of Open-Stack-Vibe-Invest-Close
Yes, but you probably have about 1 second to react or say something which is very difficult. The time you processed it was an IOI the woman is already is going in the opposite direction, is 5 yards away with her back to you. Perhaps if she stops to look at something you have a window there.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, but you probably have about 1 second to react or say something which is very difficult. The time you processed it was an IOI the woman is already is going in the opposite direction, is 5 yards away with her back to you. Perhaps if she stops to look at something you have a window there.
I agree that you have one second. You can stop your forward momentum and say hello. I've done that.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 on recognizing the IOI's.
I've had girls and women alike position themselves next to me in line. One I remember chatting up as I finished and she asked me to wait up while she checked out. Got her number as I we walked out.
I had a cute bagger subtly let me know she got off her shift in 15 minutes and her kids were being watched at her friends house that afternoon. Then my wife walked up....
The Union rep who was talking with the staff gave me "F-Me eyes" so hard. We chatted but I was married.

And numerous "hi"'s "how you doin'?" and "hey"'s as we passed in the aisle. But don't push it...

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 on recognizing the IOI's.
I've had girls and women alike position themselves next to me in line. One I remember chatting up as I finished and she asked me to wait up while she checked out. Got her number as I we walked out.
I had a cute bagger subtly let me know she got off her shift in 15 minutes and her kids were being watched at her friends house that afternoon. Then my wife walked up....
The Union rep who was talking with the staff gave me "F-Me eyes" so hard. We chatted but I was married.

And numerous "hi"'s "how you doin'?" and "hey"'s as we passed in the aisle. But don't push it...
Any woman that says "wait up" as she checks out, you know you got that one in the bag!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Here is why:

I have done it a few times...the best one ended up with me dating the woman for about a year and her being my girlfriend.

Produce aisle is the best place to do it.

As I was walking through I noticed a woman with like 9 or 10 eggplants in her cart and I came over and said "So....what are you planning to do with all those eggplants" in a jokingly seductive voice with a smirk on my face and whatever it was that made it work, she couldn't stop laughing. I just kept going on with what I thought she was planning to do with them, etc etc and she just kept laughing.

Then I told her "all jokes aside, I just thought you were really pretty and I wanted to meet you. You should come grab a drink with me sometime."

And she asked if I was as funny outside the produce section as I am in it and I told her I guess you'll have to find out. She gave me her number and the rest was history...

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think situations like this are when it’s so priceless to know how to read IOIs (indicators of interest).
This stops you from approaching women who aren’t interested and getting blown out. If you know how to read IOIs you can approach anywhere. The supermarket, bookstore, mall.
Like in any sport, in this game the fundamentals are so key.
So even though we all know them, before we waste our time approaching a woman we are looking for:

-Eye contact; & or looking at you, looking away when you catch her, then looking back again.
-Pruning, fixing clothes, picking lent off shirt
-Playing with hair, twirling or adjusting
-A smile
-Standing unnecessarily close to your proximity
-Mirroring your body language.

This will limit your approaches significantly, but will lead to warmer approaches.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think situations like this are when it’s so priceless to know how to read IOIs (indicators of interest).
This stops you from approaching women who aren’t interested and getting blown out. If you know how to read IOIs you can approach anywhere. The supermarket, bookstore, mall.
Like in any sport, in this game the fundamentals are so key.
So even though we all know them, before we waste our time approaching a woman we are looking for:

-Eye contact; & or looking at you, looking away when you catch her, then looking back again.
-Pruning, fixing clothes, picking lent off shirt
-Playing with hair, twirling or adjusting
-A smile
-Standing unnecessarily close to your proximity
-Mirroring your body language.

This will limit your approaches significantly, but will lead to warmer approaches.
I do this. And not just in the grocery store. Outdoor trails too.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to go against the grain and say DO NOT LOOK FOR IOI'S. Talk to who the hell you want to and do not be afraid of rejection. Many times you are going to crash and burn. So what it is part of the game and part of what makes you unbreakable.

This is easy in a supermarket: don't even think about what you are going to say. What ever product she has near make a question or statement about it. She is picking up tuna? oh I was going to grab mackerel what's the tuna like here? keep it quick like you are on the verge of moving on. Keep it short, like two minutes. I don't know what your style is if it is mode one or go for the number and hook up for a coffee and proceed with mode one from there.

Again...do not bother waiting for IOI'S there is nothing wrong with a friendly man making conversation. Nothing at all. But you got to have that tonality in your voice. you can't be giving off eh eh eh in your speach.
If an approacher doesn't look for IOIs, this person will likely make more approaches but have a lot of failed approaches. Getting your brains beaten in from consistent rejection is not good.

At the same time, Millennial women are notoriously poor at signaling so IOIs are getting less common. I noticed this as far back as 10 years ago.

I prefer IOIs as I indicated above. Approach volume goes WAY DOWN without them.

Last edited: