Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stopped a potential argument with my SO about abor*ion....now shes mad.

RyanSez

Don Juan
Reaction score
SO brought up the new law in Texas regarding abortion and asked me my opinion. I know we have a stark difference in opinion on the matter, so rather than let a fight happen, I made a hard boundary and told her why I refused to discuss it. After her trying to get me to engage, she used shaming language by calling my refusal to discuss it a "pussee move" and that as her partner of 10 years, I should discuss it with her. I had to remind her that we >had< discussed this very topic twice in the past and both times it turned into a war of words.
Now I'm getting the cold shoulder. I'm not looking for advice, I just need to vent.

RyanSez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who believes what? is she still fertile? does she want kids?

I'm anti, she's pro. We have a son.

lacking empathy bit immature. how old is she?

long time together.

Tell me about it!

you've just got questions.

touchy area, many make mistakes. better that feelings are clear.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're doing the right thing - Let her throw her little tantrum until she tires herself out and comes back. That's her thing to deal with, as you know. Might consider drawing another boundary around calling you a "pvssy" too though.... but get ready for the typical female response which would be, "I didn't call you a pvssy, I said it was a pvssy move" lol.

But still......what would be the outcome by stating
where you stand?
Because they've already had the conversation and know where each other stand on this. I do agree with you though that a man should not avoid topics for fear of upsetting her, but in this specific case he mentioned they had already talked about it twice.

I have learned, once I discuss a topic with a girl and we have different opinions, I shut the topic off for good. Otherwise they will try to dig it up over, and over, and over, and over again. It could be politics, it could be her saying it was wrong for you to like a platonic female friend's photo on social media - whatever. Once she knows my position, nothing good can come of further discussion. Women CRAVE drama and often they will dig up sh*t like this just to get their fix. You have to cut them off from their source of drama. They actually look to us to do it. And usually, them getting upset with us for cutting them off ultimately leads them to get really horny, after they are done throwing their little hissy fit / cold-shoulder routine because you don't give in to that either.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A woman's super power is her delusion. They are especially delusional about this topic. They know deep down inside that killing a baby is wrong. You are a dangerous creature if someone can convince you that killing your own child is okay.

Arguing with them about it is pointless btw. My feminist ex gf starting yelling at me in a bar about this topic. Come to find out that she had an abortion before. Their capacity for cognitive dissonance is depressing.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not much to discuss, it's a binary position. she knows your position. sounds like she was picking a fight and this was the topic, could have been anything.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SO brought up the new law in Texas regarding abortion and asked me my opinion. I know we have a stark difference in opinion on the matter, so rather than let a fight happen, I made a hard boundary and told her why I refused to discuss it. After her trying to get me to engage, she used shaming language by calling my refusal to discuss it a "pussee move" and that as her partner of 10 years, I should discuss it with her. I had to remind her that we >had< discussed this very topic twice in the past and both times it turned into a war of words.
Now I'm getting the cold shoulder. I'm not looking for advice, I just need to vent.
She sounds like a pain in the ass. Why not dump her?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heres the thing with abortion clinics, they are not used by damsels in the distress.

They are used by women who fancied some dirty D on the weekend. knowing her full behaviour would be dissolved of consequences by the UK government.

Also ask her how she feels about Men propping up the system that women take from , cause women dont pay tax as a group.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you did the correct thing. Women are drama junkies who are addicted to drama, so by "discussing" something with you, they'll find a way to create that drama. So it's best to avoid discussing it altogether.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yeah, I had a similar discussion with an otherwise intelligent "RP" female friend yesterday. Had to reiterate that this is a States's Rights issue, not an abortion issue. SCOTUS is protecting state's rights, not the law itself.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're right to sit this out, there's nothing good that can come of taking about it except a worse fight than you're already having. If she wants to ***** about it then tell her to do it with her friends.

I've already seen memes saying that women are treated worse in Texas than they are in Afghanistan under the Taliban.

I'm in the same situation as you, there are topics that me and the gf just don't discuss because they always lead to a position of my logic vs her emotion, and they always end up with her crying. She says she gets frustrated because she can't vent to me about it, which is ideal as far as I'm concerned because I don't like listening to NPC taking points.

Let her stew in her own sh!t test. You MUST stand by your principles.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had to reiterate that this is a States's Rights issue, not an abortion issue. SCOTUS is protecting state's rights, not the law itself.
State's rights have to have limits, or else there could be no federal constitutional rights. We fought a civil war over that argument.

For any scholars of the law, this is actually really fascinating what texas did. They created a private cause of action for citizens to sue. Abortion isn't illegal, but the threat of lawsuits has driven providers out of business. Normally in anti abortion laws, the government itself is enforcing the law, and if the law is thought to be unconstitutional, it is a government official that gets sued. In this first of its kind law, no one knows whom to sue, and it is that procedural basis on which the supreme court refused to strike down the law. It's like the court just admitted that texas had outsmarted them.

At this moment there is another federal judge blocking the implementation of any lawsuits against providers, but that could get reversed any time. The way the supremes left it, someone is going to have to get sued, pay the 10k, and then go to the court system to get the law tossed as unconstitutional. That usually involves exhausting all state court remedies first, which can take years.

Opponents of abortion are all obviously cheering these events, but remember that right wingers have federal constitutional rights that they like, too. What if california passes a law that lets anyone sue you if you say something not nice about trannies? Or your neighbor gets to sue you about the anxiety caused by your gun ownership? Federal Constitutional rights protect both sides of the political spectrum.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's probably already cheating on op. She is just looking for an argument to reverse engineer a justification for the transgression, to alleviate any guilt.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you invested in with a confrontational woman? Would have busted and parachuted to safety.

Would reiterate discussion about murdering babies? Females are psychotic.