Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stealing Like A Boss

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you hope he gets away?
I'm assuming he was just an average guy who saw and opportunity and took it. I'm also assuming that whoever owns the gold will be paid by their insurance. I realize that eventually the cost will be spread out among all the other insured, shareholders of the insurance company, etc.

I just would hate to see such a bold move be punished by going to prison.

Of course, if he's a career criminal and does this kind of thing all the time, or he ends up like those poor fvckers in Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and kills all his friends, then maybe not.

I'm hoping he's some dude barely making it and sees and opportunity of a lifetime and takes it.

Root for the underdog type of thing.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fully support Taiyuu position on this.

The thief also looks like a good guy doing a crappy job, cant feel anything by symphay from him, he had a chance and grabbed it.

Usually I fully support home owner who shot dead thiefs and robbers but this case is different.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are two guys I would never trust in my home.

Stealing is stealing. There are lots of good people doing crappy jobs, who wouldn't even entertain the thought of stealing something that is not theirs.

You guys are making some pretty wild speculations. Dude barely making it... Underdog... "Looks like a good guy"... We actually know absolutely nothing about his status, which is irrelevant anyway.

What we do know is that he's a thief who stole something that was not his and which he didn't earn. It's not a "bold move" that should not be punished. It is theft, which will be punished once he's arrested.

You guys would be writing entirely differently if it was your car that was parked there with the trunk open, and he took something of yours. If I told you he looks like this or that and that he shouldn't be punished, you would be highly offended. Like I said, theft is theft.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys really think some dude is going to get away with stealing nearly 2 million dollars and they have his face clear as day on camera?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course not. It's so clear that he'll be caught very shortly.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys would be writing entirely differently if it was your car that was parked there with the trunk open, and he took something of yours.
I'd be writing, "gee, maybe I shouldn't have left a millions bucks sitting on the street in NYC unguarded."

If I had a truck with millions of dollars in it, I would have the sense to pay the guards more than $9.50 an hour. The armored truck company is the one to blame for this, not the thief.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardless of the clear fault of the guards, to say that the thief is not to blame is stunning.

If you left your car running for a minute when you ran inside to get something, and someone jumped in and drove away with your car, you can't tell me you would say that the thief is not to blame.

You are essentially saying that anything that is not locked down is fair game for anyone to take, without blame. Mind if I stop by your place tonight?

I'll further say that a large part of developing into an integrated man of class, power, and credibility necessitates conducting one's life with integrity. To encourage people to steal is incredible to me, because one who does that is also encouraging them to steal from you yourself.

To the younger guys here, never forget that stealing is NEVER the right thing to do, no matter what mental gymnastics one might engage in to justify it. Stealing robs you of your own self-respect, without your even being aware of it.

You can steal from others, but what you lose within yourself is irreplaceable.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
never forget that stealing is NEVER the right thing to do,
How do you feel about taxes? All the people (cops) who earn their living from taxes to protect the "innocent" citizens against theft?

What about all the teachers, earning money from taxes, taken from citizens under the threat of punishment for non-compliance, who (teachers) brainwash youth into worshiping the STATE?

How do you feel about the Federal Reserve, and how they increase in money supply has eroded the dollar by 90% over the last 100 years? A sneaky way for the wealthy to "legally steal" from working class people?

How do you feel about license fees, property taxes, registration fees on your vehicles that you have to pay EVER YEAR or the government "seizes" your property?

What about asset forfeiture laws, which allow cops (paid by taxes that are not voluntary) to take people's money or property with only a SUSPICION that it was illegally obtained?

What about how in 2014, MORE MONEY was taking by asset forfeiture laws than was taken from people by thieves?

Source

If you're going to condemn "theft' you may as well go all the way.

Or do you feel that certain "thefts" are OK so long as they are the "law of the land?"

If you're going to lecture us about the immorality of "stealing" you'd better be ready to explain how the above chart is OK, while somebody seeing an UNGUARDED sack of gold on the street and taking it is NOT OK.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you feel about taxes? All the people (cops) who earn their living from taxes to protect the "innocent" citizens against theft?

What about all the teachers, earning money from taxes, taken from citizens under the threat of punishment for non-compliance, who (teachers) brainwash youth into worshiping the STATE?

How do you feel about the Federal Reserve, and how they increase in money supply has eroded the dollar by 90% over the last 100 years? A sneaky way for the wealthy to "legally steal" from working class people?

How do you feel about license fees, property taxes, registration fees on your vehicles that you have to pay EVER YEAR or the government "seizes" your property?

What about asset forfeiture laws, which allow cops (paid by taxes that are not voluntary) to take people's money or property with only a SUSPICION that it was illegally obtained?

What about how in 2014, MORE MONEY was taking by asset forfeiture laws than was taken from people by thieves?

Source

If you're going to condemn "theft' you may as well go all the way.

Or do you feel that certain "thefts" are OK so long as they are the "law of the land?"

If you're going to lecture us about the immorality of "stealing" you'd better be ready to explain how the above chart is OK, while somebody seeing an UNGUARDED sack of gold on the street and taking it is NOT OK.
I like this post so much that I would let you marry my sister if she wasnt ugly therefore a punishment for you.

As if a bank whos business is tag teaming with politician to have green light to screw citizens could be compared to an average joe who leaves his car in his garden with the trunk open.

I mean those who steal billions through force, deception, scam and many other cheap ways then make the laws so the bad guy becomes the guy who tries to keep his own money when the gov and the banks reach him to get their cut of his salary to enforce the system who spy on him.

We have sympathy for that guy because deep down we kinda like that those who stole from us got the money stolen from someone else more similar to us.

Also the guy if caught will be considered accountable plus he used his own means and initiative for that...he didnt used thugs in suits, scam papers or political manipulation while smonking safely at home.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There you go making wild assumptions again. I agree with you that everything you mentioned is thievery.

What on God's green earth does that have to do with my calling the particular person you brought up, a thief?

Why do you feel the need to extrapolate to other forms of thievery, and why do you assume that I think the above chart is OK? Why wouldn't you instead ask me factually what I thought about it instead of emotionally reacting with the assumption that I approve?

This is PRECISELY how women think and what we men lament on this site. Emotional, reactive straw man "logic" that has no basis in the point at hand. It's an argument designed specifically to deflect.

I'm amazed at this display from you.

Yes, I condemn all thievery. Taking that which does not belong to you is immoral and reprehensible.

You wouldn't believe what I pay in taxes, licensing fees for my businesses, etc. It's sickening. Do I have the right to rob somebody else in order to make up for that? To do so would be and should be unthinkable.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morality is subjective. In the land of the beasts there are no true laws. Do what you have to do to climb the ranks, protect yourself and who you love. That's the real morale.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If morality were subjective, you would have no problem with my "feeling" it's ok to steal from you. The rapid degeneration of society that we are seeing these days is the direct result of the educational system and the media teaching youngsters and the easily manipulated that morality is subjective, and that each person has their own "truth".

It seems real because that's what they've been taught, just as blue pill beliefs seem real to the 98% betas of the world. We're taught it, and we believe it, until someone comes along to shatter those beliefs we were so sure about.

Stealing and morality are "subjective" until we are the victims of another's decision to invade our lives with actions that they decide are ok to do. Suddenly things aren't so subjective anymore.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There you go making wild assumptions again. I agree with you that everything you mentioned is thievery.

What on God's green earth does that have to do with my calling the particular person you brought up, a thief?
Most people don't recognize taxation as theft. Most people don't recognize the Federal Reserve as institutionalized theft. Most people aren't even aware that asset forfeiture is a thing. My "wild ass assumptions (that I somehow made "again") were based on a general understanding of the public's perception on this issues. I'd say if I saw a random stranger on the street, and assumed they didn't think taxation was theft, I'd have about a 90% chance of being correct.

So I was just playing the odds. I apologize if my assumptions offended you.

This is PRECISELY how women think and what we men lament on this site. Emotional, reactive straw man "logic" that has no basis in the point at hand. It's an argument designed specifically to deflect.
Perhaps.

I was explaining why I don't see his theft as problematic. He didn't plan it. He was an opportunist. He didn't kill anybody. Compared to the rampant institutionalized theft happening on a daily basis, baked deeply into our society, I just don't see his theft as a big deal. Our goddamn currency that we use every day is based on our military killing people and destroying countries who don't play along.

It's kind of hard for me to become morally outraged at something as "petty" as this, in the grand scheme of things.

If you do, and are morally outraged, I accept your position as being AS VALID as mine.

Stealing and morality are "subjective" until we are the victims of another's decision to invade our lives with actions that they decide are ok to do. Suddenly things aren't so subjective anymore.
Here's a reframe for you to consider.

It is YOU who have taken the blue pill to believe in morality. There are no morals, there never were. Only instincts that served a society. Politicians get elected by promising us stuff we couldn't get on our own. One of those things is "Justice."

By creating the idea of "morality" they've convinced us that the law of the jungle "might makes right" is no longer valid, and we live in a moral society. It is therefore the job of the STATE to uphold these morals. So if somebody violates our "safe space" we can turn to the STATE to make it right.

However, it is something they can never provide. There will always be criminals. There will always be murder. There will always be theft.

Who "defines" morals? The person stealing? The person catching the thief? The person who is stolen from?

I suggest that whoever has the most POWER in society gets to "define" morals.

Even going back to the ten commandments, those "morals" were created / evolved to keep a society functioning. They were the most EXPEDIENT laws to do that.

Do you believe that somebody who is not HONORING their father and mother is "IMMORAL"?

Do you believe that somebody who doesn't keep the Sabbath IMMORAL?

Do you believe that somebody who says "God Mother Fvcking Damn it" is IMMORAL?

They were to the Hebrews, why not to SoSuavers?

Was Moses "Blue Pill?"

If Hebrew MORALS are different than AMERICAN morals, whose is "More" correct?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not offended, not outraged, not anything at all. I have zero emotional investment, except perhaps amazement at how relativistic our society has become.

My perception is that you are over-intellectualizing a concept that should be intuitive to any rational being, that stealing is wrong, as is random murder, and a host of other activities that harm others.

If someone were to attempt to harm me or one of my loved ones, I will blow their head off in order to save them and/or my property. So would most of us. That is where "morality" becomes less blurred and conceptualized and becomes real.

If I were to walk up to you and take your watch, your car, your anything, your argument above would be absent from your consciousness and replaced with an indignant, "WTF do you think you're doing?" There would be no justifying my actions or motives in your mind, only the awareness that I had the audacity to take what you have earned. Of course, I can't assume that you actually earned your watch or your car anymore. ;)

This knowledge of right and wrong is instinctive in any normally functioning individual unless negated by philosophical constructs which are fun to engage in but have no basis in the reality of human nature and human existence. That reality (which again should be obvious without the need for a real-world demonstration) manifests to any man who wakes up to find his car gone or his house ransacked.

You yourself have expressed much outrage over certain arenas of theft. That is because you instinctively know that theft is wrong and morally reprehensible. But I think that you are letting your sense of "retribution" toward those government and financial entities cloud that fact that stealing is also wrong on an individual basis. To take from others because one is incensed about being robbed by those entities is a reprehensible thing, and logically quite flawed.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were to walk up to you and take your watch, your car, your anything, your argument above would be absent from your consciousness and replaced with an indignant, "WTF do you think you're doing?"
Yeah, that's the bottom line. It's the golden rule. I don't want people stealing from me, therefore I don't believe it is right to steal. Treat others as you want to be treated. Ideally.

As for taxes, nobody's crazy about taxes, but what really irritates me are property taxes. I supposedly have the right to own my own property, and yet I'm forced every year to pay the local government what amounts to rent so I can continue to live there. Some states don't have property taxes. If you live in one of those, consider yourself fortunate.

The millennials are taught all kinds of things. Even this forum likes to disregard morality as disposable and something that just stands in the way of their getting laid. But this attitude will be our downfall.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They get bombarded by moral relativism all their lives with the result being an absolute inability to discern right from wrong, along with a disdain for the very concept of morality.

Such is the injection process of academia and the media.

This is the "other" blue pill. The blindness is so complete, so all-encompassing because it is linked with the emotion of hate.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You yourself have expressed much outrage over certain arenas of theft. That is because you instinctively know that theft is wrong and morally reprehensible. But I think that you are letting your sense of "retribution" toward those government and financial entities cloud that fact that stealing is also wrong on an individual basis. To take from others because one is incensed about being robbed by those entities is a reprehensible thing, and logically quite flawed.
I never ascribed that HE was taking the gold out of any sense of retribution. I only used those "bigger thefts' to explain why I was not morally outraged at his act. With theft happening all around us, and even built into our economic system, I find it hard to get angry at a guy who sees an opportunity and takes it.

Perhaps you misunderstand my desire for that particular THIEF to not get caught. I'm not advocating any theft. Especially premeditated theft. All theft is wrong, morally, (at least according to MOST systems of morals). I didn't intend to suggest that the gold thief was morally correct, only that I hoped he didn't get caught.

I do believe that some "thefts" are more morally offensive than others. Premeditated theft directly from an individual deserves a shotgun blast to the face. But from a big picture, that guy took an opportunity, and given that our society is about as corrupt as the last days of the Roman Empire, I find it hard to get AS morally offended by the opportunistic gold thief as I do by the constant PLANNED THIEVERY that goes on on a DAILY BASIS by our "leaders" and those who are supposed to "keep us safe."

It's certainly EASIER to get angry at him, because he is clearly identified, and the act is clearly identified as theft, AND you will find plenty of cops who agree with you. It's much harder and logistically complicated (and pretty much ineffective) to take the stance of "Taxation is theft."

If he IS caught, and he IS sentenced, I would feel bad for him but I wouldn't question his punishment, I wouldn't think it unjust.

I just find it hard to feel "selectively outraged" when there are clear moral violations around us on a daily basis. But I realize that's my opinion. You asked why I wished he wouldn't get caught and I feel I have explained my position thoroughly enough. If you disagree, that's fine.