Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stay in the Rat Race

Galactus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought it was time I actually contributed something, and not too long ago I realized something that helped me immensely, so I'd like to share it.

There was a girl I was really into, but her actions had gotten so intolerable I realized that I would be sacrificing my self-respect if I stayed with her any longer, so I broke up with her. It felt like it was the only choice, and I still believe it was.

But it still hurt really bad to do it. The next day, I was all alone all day long, and I was so depressed I was afraid to talk to anyone, because I didn't feel like I could function like a regular human being. So I spent the whole day alone, wallowing in depression.

I work third shift, and I had to work that night, and two hours before, I was considering calling in because I thought there was no way I would be able to work in my condition. But I went anyway. When I got there, my boss and coworkers were asking me what was wrong, and all I could do was shake my head and say I didn't want to talk about it. But one of them kept talking and joking, and after less than ten minutes I was feeling like a human being again, actually smiling. After a night's work, I was still a little upset, but the human contact had worked wonders.

So what I'm trying to say is, if you're one of those people who lets things get to you, and it's hard to shake it off, the best thing to do is the last thing you want to do: get out there among people. When you start interacting with others, you see that the thing that got you depressed is the exception, not the rule. And that your life will still go on.

If you get depressed, fight it as hard as you can. Feeling sorry for yourself is the easiest thing in the world. That should be a warning light. If something comes that easy, it's probably not good for you.

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tip, Galactus! I've had to fight this myself, and it's true! You have to force yourself to get out and be around people. I did this the day my wife left me, because I knew I would be a basket case if I isolated myself. It's too easy to wallow in self-pity and depression. Life's too short!!!

Odysseus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Perfect.

A man bases his future on the past. A woman looks to the future to try and create it.

Man Of Adventure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by galactus:
I thought it was time I actually contributed something, and not too long ago I realized something that helped me immensely, so I'd like to share it.

There was a girl I was really into, but her actions had gotten so intolerable I realized that I would be sacrificing my self-respect if I stayed with her any longer, so I broke up with her. It felt like it was the only choice, and I still believe it was.

But it still hurt really bad to do it. The next day, I was all alone all day long, and I was so depressed I was afraid to talk to anyone, because I didn't feel like I could function like a regular human being. So I spent the whole day alone, wallowing in depression.

I work third shift, and I had to work that night, and two hours before, I was considering calling in because I thought there was no way I would be able to work in my condition. But I went anyway. When I got there, my boss and coworkers were asking me what was wrong, and all I could do was shake my head and say I didn't want to talk about it. But one of them kept talking and joking, and after less than ten minutes I was feeling like a human being again, actually smiling. After a night's work, I was still a little upset, but the human contact had worked wonders.

So what I'm trying to say is, if you're one of those people who lets things get to you, and it's hard to shake it off, the best thing to do is the last thing you want to do: get out there among people. When you start interacting with others, you see that the thing that got you depressed is the exception, not the rule. And that your life will still go on.

If you get depressed, fight it as hard as you can. Feeling sorry for yourself is the easiest thing in the world. That should be a warning light. If something comes that easy, it's probably not good for you.
Yeah, I bet every guy on this site will have to end up in this situation.(If not once, many times.) Its at times like these I have to demand myself to get back on my feet and keep living. Good post.

------------------
Stop pursuing, and make them be on the chase.-MOA

PoachR75

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff.

THIS IS LIFE.
One of the truest posts I've ever seen